Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
MAGIC
    #3149212 - 09/17/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ok my last try at a post on my own they just don't seem to be sparking interest  :tongue: How does everyone her Feel about the subject of Magic does it fit in your Dogma and I don't mean Stage magic I'm talking about "real" magic the ability to effect change in reality through thought and to a lesser Deg. action (different then science with puts more into the action then the thought but is really just a different way to reach the same results) I am a Wizard in all the meanings of that word so you can gather how I feel on the subject and while I don't anounce the fact in every day life neither do I hid the fact if your awareness allows it you can see me for what I am as I walk down the street but there is not sign advertising the fact. I belive magic and spirituality go hand in had you cannot do magic without spirituality but how many of you are spiritual without believing in magic? would you belive I am crazy or lost in my own fantasy?  or have I clung to an older view of the world? I know my view but wish to know it from another prospective yours. I wish to see if I am accepted in consensual reality or is my piece of the puzzle clinging to the side and needs to be moved to fit in with the rest of the picture? I will not and am not changeing my piece of the puzzle we call life but simply trying to see if there is a better place to put it to compleat the "Whole" picture.

:heart: :thumbup:

:zoom:

--------------------
"Fear is the Mind Killer"
Frank Herbert's Dune

"Shoot straight, conserve ammo and never cut a deal with a dragon"
Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: MAGIC [Re: ElfWizard]
    #3149218 - 09/17/04 04:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I know telekinesis is very real.

However I've yet to make larger impacts on consensual reality, if there is such a thing.

Magic is that which defies reason, but, through experience no reason is needed, and thus "magic" does not exist. Not to say that what people would consider "magic" doesn't :smile:

I believe you, and I am working on something similar, to a lesser degree. It's sort of like, why not?

Nice post though, inspired me to get back to 'work' :smile:

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3149261 - 09/17/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Wide subject?
is magic any art that invokes supernatural powers?
like; magic trick, conjuring trick, tricks, legerdemain, conjuration, illusion, deception or simply an illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers? Magic is so much
i might even go so far as to say, is not living Magic ? in the truest of all senses?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#3149277 - 09/17/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

When you say magick do you mean just plain magick like crawley stuff, wicca, green black white? what kind of a wizzard are you?

I sure respect wicca which is a very misunderstood religion who means no harm, anyway it is the basic rule. As long as you harm none do as you wish whereas with crawley it is just do as you wish.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3149286 - 09/17/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i must say, magic is illusion...

that having been said i believe in magic...

because i know reality is an illusion.

the only "trick" in true magic, is getting others to percieve your illsion also.

getting reality to obey is not so hard, its all about getting another person, effectivly, a fellow God to see it also.

what do you know about affecting probability? about wielding luck?

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#3149297 - 09/17/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

also:

a post isnt good because it has lots of replies.

a good post isnt made by "catching off".

dont worry about it. speak your mid, that is whats important, especially in a forum like this, especially in life.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: MAGIC [Re: Todcasil]
    #3149315 - 09/17/04 05:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Scientists made some tests and found out that if you play "heads or tails" a very large number of time and you passionately wish for say heads to come, you are changing the 50-50 to something more in your favour. Now that's interesting.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: MAGIC [Re: Shroomerious]
    #3149343 - 09/17/04 05:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

passion is magical.

peace

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
    #3149424 - 09/17/04 05:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

For Gomp "is magic any art that invokes supernatural powers?" well I don't think of it as supernatural it's all natural it's just beyond current understanding it has it's own laws.
For Shroom well I'm not an "evil" Wizard if thats what you mean and as far as green white black those are just labels that limit the learning prosses I am none of those but also all of them if need be I would Deal with a "Demonic" entity just as I have dealt with "angelic" enities they are what they are there is no takeing sides for they are in fact the same just different aspects of the same thing as for Harm well that only goes without saying everything is tied together why would I harm myself on other words you have stars that push energy out and Share with all and you have black holes that suck everything in but you need both to form a balance. We have been placed in a Dualistic reality and if you take one half away you find that it no longer functions. I suppose that makes me a Bit more of a Grey Wizard but I also know Love wins in the End boundless love is forever but boundless hate consumes its self by its very nature.

Tod well used magic is a master thief in the night it does what it does without anyone knowing it was ever there I could hurl a fireball but what would be the point? Why use a flame thrower when a match will get the job done? as for affecting probability that a touchy subject when talking about say wining a Lotery one has to deal with two big factors 1 Money is a spiritual entity we have made shure of this by making it based on belife just like Most Gods same with "luck" 2 probability is a Direct function of belife the less likly you think something is the less likly it is. For examp would you belive you could Drive down the road and Find money in the street prob not but me I've done it more then a few times. and then it gets even trickier by the fact that there are all these gods around people don't just effect what they see people (at lest in my experiance) form pockets of acceped reality around them. Think of it as a stream one little stream dosn't do muchbut you can see it and it does effect things around it. One small stream can be changed blocked ect ect. but have 100 or 1000 streams flow along the same path "consensual reality" and now try to adjust it or block it. Thats why a lot of people who do magic form covens shure they want to be with other people that think the same but it's more then that the more "streams" you have flowing along the same path the bigger the river the more power for change. a wave will wash the shore away eventualy but a Tidel wave will do it faster and take more with it.

--------------------
Frank Herbert's Dune

Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#3149457 - 09/17/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i agree elfwizard...

a friend of mine likes to say "i am the God of 4ft around me, i can creat or destroy anything within my realm". he doesnt even know how properly true he is...

the school of thought behind probability magic is just as you described... it is a direct function of belief, but you can twiddle the knobs of desire, passion and singularity to achieve interesting results, but i suppose that is the same with all magic.

also: i was refering to power based systems with magic (acolytes and believers to focus your magic). though properly used magic is as you described...

most people abandon the notion of followers, but i did entertain that idea when i was younger, to good(though disastrous) results... i now understand that compassion is the only way to wield probabilty, or any other school of magic for that matter. most people buid a repitoire of "spells" and whatnot to gain power, to further there own ends.

i admit, i do it unconsciously, but my will alone is dial-set at compassion now.

how many more times can i say compassion in this post? woop!

peace

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
    #3149484 - 09/17/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well the thing with spells is.... you might think of the as cheat codes they require much less power becuse the "channle" for them as been worked in by others and the longer they have been the "deeper" the channel they travel the more likly you will get the results you wanted (still haveing to take into account the user can't use a cheat code if you don't know how to enter it or if you cant hit the buttons right) acually I think Cheat Code kinda fits them nicely.  :tongue: :grin: but as for others then the prob is you have to Know them well becuse you have to fit eachothers veiws like a puzzle nice and tight but not "forced" in to a spot you shouldn't be that why most "covens" will not take new members in lighty it takes a long time before they know your belifes to the point where they can be shure it melds well with there own.

--------------------
Frank Herbert's Dune

Shadowrun street Proverb

Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #3149893 - 09/17/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

since you asked my belief, i think magic is a psychological device, when it effects change in consensous reality its a psychological device to activate psychic abilities.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#3150228 - 09/17/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So do you have your own book of shadows, cauldron staff and the rest? You are supposed to take great care when writing a spell. It has to "mean" a lot to you, so if you take another person's spell it may not work as well because it could keep you from concentrating your energy. I like a personal book of shadows. You get to bless it and feel it is really precious fo you, that is why I think most of the times it works best.

--------------------

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Re: MAGIC [Re: Shroomerious]
    #3150306 - 09/17/04 10:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Acually TrueKibo2 the two are simular but not the same thing one psychic taps into the "internal" power of the person to effect change while magic taps into the energy all around use while they might be tie together one is internalised while the other is externalised While I work on my psychic ablities I do only for defence and am not as skilled as a "True" psychic while a psychic would have the same trouble doing "higher" magic. Things seem to work in Triads and science,magic,psyhics seem to be a triad of methods for effecting change. Seeing it this way I try to work with all three for the best results.

Yes Shroomerious I have those thing but my opinion on spells differs yes a well crafted spell will have good results but something that has been used many many times seems to have better results as it has more then just you belife in it it has yours and every person that has used it before. Back to the river you have a new river or you have one that has been flowing for longer like calorado river vs useing a tributary of the missippi river the tributary might change from one moment to the next as things effect it how much "water" is has or any number of other factors while the calorado is and will be flowing the same path it has for many many years "aka grand canyon" a personal book of shadows is important as you want a collection of spells that is more tied to you nature and work best for you but I'm not saying to go and get spells from others the truely onld and powerful ones are hard to find and most of the time guarded secrets. but I'm just trying to point out do you make your own radio or do you buy one from someone who has been making them for many years they both would work (if you have the right knowledge) but one will bet better constructed by the shear fact that person who has been makeing them for his whole life has much more experiance.

--------------------
Frank Herbert's Dune

Shadowrun street Proverb

Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#3150390 - 09/17/04 11:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes you have a good point there. But maybe the fact that you know that "this" is a great spell makes you believe it more and thus concentrate better. Maybe not. I like your version better. It is a bit more....epic.

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3150431 - 09/17/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ya dude, you are deffinatly on to something.. I used to practice magic, but my studies have declined... psi 'warfare' is real as anyone could immagine and if you realize this you can make use of self magic to engage properly in day to day happenings.

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Re: MAGIC [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3150473 - 09/17/04 11:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

always happy to share what little bit of knowledge I might have and shouldn't we all think EPIC  :wink: :smirk: :grin:

Time to sleep and Dream of Dragons, Knights (they really should get along :tongue:) and Flying Castles in the Clouds. and of all that I only need a tower alone in the woods by a stream.

acually as I was showering I remebered the Bigest Diff I noticed between Psy and magic. Psy comes from the mind while magic comes from the heart you don't need an ounce of emotion to do or while you do psycic things but magic will not work without your heart/gut/sould behind it 100% when you do that spell you feel the joy/love/hate/sorrow of that magic eack "spell" I do fills me with suck love/joy that I think I will burst from it. While I have had psycic battle without a feeling it was pure thought.

Edited by ElfWizard (09/17/04 11:53 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder