Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Want to help with the new Code of Conduct??
    #310858 - 05/06/01 08:29 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I was just wondering if anyone was wanting to help come up with a new code of conduct for shroomery members...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGaijinZ
possum

Loc: American midwest
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: Thor]
    #312038 - 05/08/01 02:12 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Are you talking about some kind of ideal or a set of rules? I would like to see some more community spirit around here, and I'm all for participating, but I don't know how you'd go about bringing a code of conduct into action. What's on your mind and what can we do?

GaijinZ

I missed the boat once when I was young and stupid, but now I am able to miss the boat repeatedly with great skill and accuracy.

--------------------
I missed the boat once when I was young and stupid, but now I am able to miss the boat repeatedly with great skill and accuracy.

Anonymous

Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: GaijinZ]
    #312461 - 05/08/01 04:24 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Whatever it ends up being, I think maybe ideas the mods/administrators are thinking of inacting should be posted first to see what the general consensus to them is.
Rather than just outta the blue saying, here they are. Live by em or its the gallows.

Just an idea

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't even wanna know what she's gonna do with that horse raddish

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #313456 - 05/09/01 08:22 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I am all for a code of conduct.

Larry

come to drool donkey island http://ddisland.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflinewhyIdied

Loc: The exact center of the e...
    #313526 - 05/09/01 09:43 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I would love a little bit of reform. 
One thing I hate is when a post gets taken over by people who argue something that should be a totally new post.  This is especially annoying because the original poster, or responses to it, are forced to mingle with hostile 1000+ essays on somthing unrelated.
A perfect example of this is "new pics on Thailand Koh Samui on DB".  I was soooo happy when this post got locked.  The discussion that came out of it was worthwhile, but WHY??? didn't the arguing parties start a new post and stop using this one?  Some people really wanted to look at those pics, read the complements, etc...
Out of 84 posts, I counted only 16 that weren't just people fighting about stuff.  There be a 'code' that "if you're going to fight, then make a new post and invite your contender to answer you there."  Perhaps it is possible for argumentative parties to be blocked from Responding to certain posts where they have detracted from the original purpose with a fight.

I know that fighting is an important part of human relationships... but I think it should be at the expense of the contenders, not whoever's post they decide to ruin.
It's kind of like a bartender that tells two people to "take it outside" or like having sex at a party.  Maybe not the party example...:blush:

Seriously, I think rules like this should only be enforced when things are just crazy-out of hand.  People should be given slack, and things should never get so strict that people feel justified in biting eachother's head off all the time.

Being spammed by vendors in the cult forum wouldn't bug me as long as their titles indicated their purpose.  To cultivate, you have to get stuff...but other people may disagree with me on this point.

Perhaps there should be a "Bitching Room" for the angst-posting to take place in.  But I think there would be less angst if there were less rules, or if people were only given shit for doing really bad stuff.  People need to be sassy sometimes, but I think certain people are just constantly being negative. 

Annother idea I've had is that we should be able to ignore other users, on a post-to-post level, as well as on a public level.  So that if max and McMan get into a fight, then I could ignore them for the rest of that post and just read happy thoughts!

...slow moves, sweet feet...

--------------------
...slow moves, sweet feet...

Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
    #313730 - 05/10/01 04:10 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I would like to have admin control over the threads I start.

And I second the motion for the "ignore this user" feature, but that's not a conduct issue.

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

OfflineFather_Mushroom
journeyman

Loc: Vermont
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: egghead]
    #313735 - 05/10/01 04:29 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

even giving someone the power to delete posts in a thread that he/she started might make sure that only the comments and advice requested would have to be sorted through. no offense but it's possible that the power to ban people from a thread might get misused....maybe they would actually have a helpful comment later on, even if they said something to piss you off early on. the ability to lock a thread when you feel it's reached it's full potential might be handy though (if maybe it gets to the point that you have to delete every single response for some reason).

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."

--------------------
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."

Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: Father_Mushroom]
    #313738 - 05/10/01 04:59 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't mean power to ban, just to delete off-topic posts. It would be cool to also be able to edit to fix broken images and non-linked URLs, but I'm sure that power could/would be abused.

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: egghead]
    #314799 - 05/11/01 12:45 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Where can our current Code of Conduct (or similar list of rule-type things) be found? We can take that and adjust it as needed.

O~*
Stay wild, soul child.

--------------------

OfflineDead Shaman
enthusiast

Loc: Unknown
    #314828 - 05/11/01 01:16 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I would rather opt for a code of equitite rather than a code of conduct. Conduct implies rules, rules imply the way people should act. Equitite implies the proper manner of behavior for those of us who are new. A code of rules reminds me too much of the countless slaughters under the name of absolute dictatorships. Slaughters of the innocents who choose not to conform to the new rules. Which brings up the question of who is right and who is wrong in this bubble of existence. Historically those who've made the rules have been in a postion of power, or wealth. Placing themeselves above other men and women. Perhaps it is not for those who dwell within the bubble to judge each other. I say dose the world, and let the chips fall where they may. Even better synthetically create a virus that would quickly spread throughout the world, and lay dormant until activated by ultra high frequency sound waves causing permanent amnesia in everyone. And at the same time enhance the worlds water supplies with biogenetically enhanced psychoactive enthegens. That would sure as heck get evolution rollin!!! Yee ha!!

"And then you will realize the truth; there is no spoon."

InvisibleAlone In The Fire
Pooh-Bah

Loc: vanderbilt university/nas...
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: Dead Shaman]
    #314833 - 05/11/01 01:19 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

to hell with a "code of conduct" you commie bastard

--------------------
3DShroom is a bitch

OfflineTaz
veteran
    #316752 - 05/14/01 06:05 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

thor, here is what I would sugest, have set of rules to be followed, when those rules get broken warn the person, if they break them again then ban them for a couple of days, if they still do it make it a week, then amonth, maybe you could create more moderators so there will always be someone watching...

"Out of chaos...comes order...." AND THE FSR..

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

OfflinePsycho
Pooh-Bah

Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: Dead Shaman]
    #316768 - 05/14/01 07:39 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

you sure got off topic fast.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I think. Therefore I am DANGEROUS.

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic material as everyone else" - Tyler Durden

--------------------
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

i feel so good,i feel so numb

OfflineKrendle
veteran
    #322763 - 05/21/01 07:15 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Thor, I know it wouldn't be too popular, but I would like to see some sort of policy on posting URLs to research chemical suppliers. While I am all for freedom, both of speech and of choice, I feel it brings undue attention to the suppliers and to the shroomery. Those kids that died on 2c-t-7 could have been shroomerites. I think people should be allowed to pick their own poison, so to speak, but I also feel that many people, particularly minors, are not in a position to make wise decisions in this area. Would you tell a 14 year old where to buy crack?

I'm not saying that the information shouldn't be distributed at all, but I think people should at least take it to pm's or private mail.

This space has been donated to the WHBF. For more information, ask.

--------------------
First person to PM me with a truly witty sig gets to see their words at the bottom of my posts :wink:

InvisibleNuShroomPharmerII
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: Thor]
    #322833 - 05/21/01 08:40 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleMorphrying
Innocent as Hell
Loc: seated
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #326566 - 05/26/01 07:12 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

yeah code of conduct does kinda sound 1984 ish oh well I dont really like rudeness but I thinks jokes made in good fun are cool
I dunno kinda weird idea I think, I think if anyone wants to display good manners, etiquet (sp) and conduct that is great and it will make it more distinguishable who is helpful or not.
Oh yeah also I think that if the active members of this board used good conduct, it would spread like wildfire without having to enforce it.
=====================================
foundation madoser dislexic.....uh the for donations accepting Currently

Edited by Morphrying on 05/26/01 09:14 PM.

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
    #327447 - 05/27/01 10:19 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Here's a bad idea:

Here is a sample of an ideal guideline or set of rules that I am submitting to you members who participate here in hopes that we can come to some kind of agreement in regards to ridding the "negative" aspects of the board that have accumulated over time due to the presence of faulty moderatorship and member's abuse thereof.

I would like everyone to consider the system below that I am recommending as a means to accomplish our goal to clean up this forum. The system is based on recieving marks or strikes for continued flamatory attacks on other board members in an attempt to moderate this kind of information from these kinds of individuals and to ultimately clean up this forum as a result.

This is just a rough outline to give an idea of how such a system might work once in affect. However, it offers enough information to submit for your consideration and if this is something we can begin to agree upon, then we can further solidify it by filling in the missing details based on your suggestions and our ability to cooperate together in order to get it finalized.

Here is the basic idea:

If a negative remark is made and you are warned by a moderator, you will recieve 1 strike.

After 5 warnings and the negative remarks still continue, then you will be put under "edit mode".

While in "edit mode", if you continue to make negative comments, each post containing a negative comment will be edited so that the negative portions are removed from that post and this will continue until the member reaches the set limit.

The set limit for "edit mode" is 10 edits per member in 1 months time. Once you have had a total of 10 edits, you are then subject to "delete mode" where every post that the member makes containing ANY negative comment will be deleted in it's entirety.

If you cause the mods to delete your posts more than 10 times due to negative comments then you will be forced into "suspension mode" where the member is suspended or banned from the board for a short period of time. The length of suspension for the first penalty may be a period of 1 day to 2 weeks, depending on the severity of the problem caused. When the user returns, he or she will be subject to the same penalty mode (delete mode) as when he or she was originally suspended from the board.

After 3 suspensions, the user is banned for good and is forced to give up his or her user name and status.

What constitutes a negative remark?

A negative remark is considered to be an attack on another member based on personal opinion and one that is directed towards that member in a fashion that can be considered uncivil or non-constructive in nature.

Constructive criticism is only acceptable if pertaining to a product, tek, method or approach to cultivation that has been brought forth for the sake of discussion or review, etc... and not acceptable when remarks of criticism are used for a means of intimidation or personal attack. In the case of discussing ideas pertaining to cultivation, one can critisize another member's methods but one is not allowed to critisize the actual person without recieving a mark against them.

Any criticism taking place that extends beyond a product or item pertaining to cultivation, is considered a negative comment and is taken as a personal attack on another member. Comments like this will earn you a strike.

Vendor complaints are acceptable, but within means. If you have a problem with a vendor then it is ok (in fact your duty) to mention this to the rest of the community in a post for the sake of warning others or in hopes of finding a remedy to your customer service issue.

However, if complaints of a certain issue are continually repeated to the point of becoming an attack on that person or that person's business (person's business = personal business) then that will be considered a negative comment and will be counted as a strike against you.

This doesn't mean that you don't have the right to express your feelings regarding your business with a certain vendor, however if it continues to the point of stalking then it will then be considered a strike against you.

If one proves himself to be a troll thru repeated attacks on another member to a point that the negative posts outweigh the positive posts over the course of considerable time, that member can be considered a "troll" and will be banned regardless of his position in the mark system. This would also apply to new user sign-ups with names like "Spliffy's Troll" that immediately begin posting comments like" Spliffy ripped me off!" etc...

As I said, we can make variations on this system to satisfy everyone if we all decide to use it, but it will give us something to build from nonetheless. Please post your comments about this idea so we can work together to make this a more productive and effective place to communicate ideas.

I personally believe that a system like this could have the ability to make an immediate difference for the better. It seems harsh, but then again... drastic conditions call for drastic measures.

...And wherever excess is found , we moderators will seek to moderate it! :)

I will be holding off on posting any more new suggestions for the forum until we can get the two that are now up here into a place of agreement.

This should be plenty for now.

tether

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

OfflineKrendle
veteran
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: PGF]
    #328360 - 05/28/01 10:53 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Trolls are fun. Usually they can get a few posts in before they get the boot and some of them get pretty damned funny. Don't kill the trolls. We need one of those have a heart troll traps. We can release them back into alt.drugs where they belong. This is a totally useless post. Is that a strike? ;)>

This space has been donated to the WHBF. For more information, ask.

--------------------
First person to PM me with a truly witty sig gets to see their words at the bottom of my posts :wink:

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: Krendle]
    #329188 - 05/29/01 08:29 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

oh my god maybe it was a bad idea that Thor become mod, a code of conduct come on!!!!!! isn't that what the government does, and pretty much what most here stand agains!! this will give the mods an excuse to become well basically web-tyrants.

fuck the conduct code, i want to speak my mind and not have to worry about big brother:)

Edited by hubertd8 on 05/29/01 10:31 PM.

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: hubertd8]
    #329195 - 05/29/01 08:34 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Glad you really read into this, I was a code of conduct, not rules.... A guidline nothing else, come on thanks again for the vote of confidence.... You said you wanted to be a moderator, these guidelines were to help moderators do their job.. We've always allowed free speech unless of course its something illegal, trading drugs etc....

Thanks for your support!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate