Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Whats wrong with ego? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3148410 - 09/17/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

haha. i just typed up a big read, but offcurse the forum fuxored, so just ignore this, im not ever gona type that again..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (09/17/04 01:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Whats wrong with ego? [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #3148430 - 09/17/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The ego seeks false purpose and reason, when the egoless state appreciates all for the sake of existence.

The ego is not a program but rather a filter for prolonging its own existence and fulfilling desires.

It's not evil, it's inert. It is something to describe a common way of perception, placing ones self before the nonself, when ironically - by doing this - one will never know their true self. It is up to the person if they chose to retain their ego, and to what degree. Obviously there is always some personality present, but it is entirely different when it's a form of communication or expression rather than a precreated template.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3148434 - 09/17/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"What no one is addressing here is what is the experience of life, without that? I don't know and I would like to know, I don't even know if its possible to have a functioning, accomplishing, self fullfill, self realising society that is egoless. "

very true jiggy. We will always have an ego as long as we reside in this dimension, the truly important thing is realizing the ego is not us, it is a tool that we can modify and control.

But first we must step beyond the ego

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Whats wrong with ego? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3148439 - 09/17/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Exactly. By not letting go we will never leave this place for the wonders that exist outside and within it. Completely let go and see for yourself what you're missing, rather than let the ego dictate it's own self importance :smile:

The choice is yours

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Whats wrong with ego? [Re: deff]
    #3148445 - 09/17/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i think maybe deff was one of the first to bring these vibes into the shroomery. Three cheers for deff, who i can now understand when he speaks!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3148463 - 09/17/04 01:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:blush:

It was actually you who applied the meaning to the light, and therefore you have only yourself to thank :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3148477 - 09/17/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i do thank myself, whenever i succesfully manifest beutifull people like you in my reality! hehe

mindfuckage

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3148486 - 09/17/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

T'is it is. So is the fact that we are quite a physical distance away, yet mentally, we are down the road from eachother shouting.

:smile:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3148495 - 09/17/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
You all did a great job of explaining what is wrong with ego! And yet, when you are in emotional pain because of it, there is an opportunity there to discover what limiting beleif about yourself you have. You can change it, move out of suffering and then out of pain comes gain.

There's is always opportunity for positive benefit to be found in the negative of life.  We wouldn't even know what positive benefit was if it weren't for the experience of negative deficits they come out of.

Yes, what you describe is how one would use the ego to start putting it back in its fuckin' place, which I mentioned. :wink:

Conversely, there is always opportunity for negative benefit to be found in the positive in life. Positive and negative are merely judgements that we place on different situations, purely existing within the mind. Of course, as long as we are making these distinctions, it is the game we play, and we all find value in playing the game (including myself).

Anyways, once one understands the difference between positive and negative, as it pertains to them, there is no point in continuing to suffer negatively. Why suffer when we have the keys to enlightenment within? Ego is not necessary for one to be able to learn from different polarities, in fact, being free from ego enables one to understand more clearly and effectively.

Quote:

Can we look at the flip side of this coin?

They took two 3rd grade class rooms at the same school. One went along bussiness as usual and in the other they worked these kids egos to the max. They told them that they scored incredible high on IQ tests how extremely smart they were yada yada. By the end of the year, the ego inflated classroom FAR out performed the other one in every area.

So, they manipulated, lied, seperated impressionable kids to achieve an end? Yep, definitely sounds like ego to me. :lol: The point remains that a tuned-in, centered individual who is free of ego-produced, emotion-backed addictions is going to be able to more effectively perform as they see fit, as their mind will be free from focus-draining, awareness-blinding illusions.

Comparing a group of kids that have power addictions programmed into them to a group of kids left with their current mental state (and I would definitely be willing to bet that there aren't very many third graders existing in a higher state of being, free of mental restraints from the ego around) proves nothing, except, of course, that manipulating people with false beliefs will alter the way they behave. The Church and The Government, I believe, study into this... :smirk:

Quote:

If I want to have a positive impact on my experiences and envirnonment that I need to draw from the postive support of my ego.
My ego needs to have ideas and beleifs about myself that say, I can be or do this or that or I am this or that.

Gold medalist have to tell themseves they are the best to get there, before they actually are proven the best.

Your ego is a program that exists merely as a function to ensure our survival in life and death situations. Extending its power (and its power certianly is grossly magnified and extended in a vast majority of people) beyond that spells nothing but trouble. One doesn't need to play ego games to better themself, in fact, doing so only complicates issues in your mind, causing seperation, and inevitably draining energy and focus away from what actually needs to be done to better yourself.

I don't need to force feed beliefs such as "I am a great guitarist" to become a great guitarist, I can simply play and better myself with practice. I can simply be in the moment and work towards an end without attempting to trick my mind into believing anything. Simply being in a state of being free from excessive thoughts pumping "i'm great" or anything else is going to be enough. The ego is a distraction and a nuisance. :grin:

Quote:

I would like to hear more from people about what an egoless "no self beleifs, unique or individual from anothers" society works like and how its experienced and how and where it evolves in self understanding.

I wonder about these things.

It is hard to say, as only a handful of people are said to have even cosmic consciousness, which is considered to be the farthest away from being at a level where an ego controls ones thoughts and actions. The idea of the man Jesus Christ is a guy who was there... so consider a world full of Christ's. That would likely be the closest I can imagine it would be like, a world of people swimming in Christ Consciousness. Sounds like, why, heaven on Earth to me! :grin: Which is exactly what Jesus was teaching of, cosmic consciousness, no doubt...

If you are going to consider the ego to be the actual self, it obviously isn't what I am referring to. :grin:

Quote:

deff said:
The ego to one who possesses one appears beneficial.

But you have to try and look behind it to see how much it distorts and manipulates your perception.

:thumbup:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3148542 - 09/17/04 01:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
What no one is addressing here is what is the experience of life, without that? I don't know and I would like to know, I don't even know if its possible to have a functioning, accomplishing, self fullfill, self realising society that is egoless.

If it is, what is the purpose of it?

Well, concerning what I have been saying all along, I've been referring to the ego as a program that recognizes a seperate self and is out to ensure the survival of the seperate self. This ego is not the actual self, and it is not what categorizes and defines objects, feelings, experiences. This ego which I refer to is the program in our head that filters through all inputs and directs our focus to different inputs accordingly. It is an unconscious mechanism that we either consciously or subconsciously program. It, of course, "decides" what gets what percentage of focus, and as it can do so without us being aware that it is doing this, our reality can be completely decided by this ego.

This is why I suggest the ego needs to be limited and monitored, its role is nothing more of a conductor of various rails of energy, and it should not be allowed to blind our perception of reality.

The experience of life felt while free from an ego that is obstructing our awareness becomes more realistic, more fufilling, and more complete and totally cosmic the more we take the authority back to a level above this ego. The here and now moment is felt in all of its amazing glory, as ones awareness is not caught up in the complete mess of a thousand thoughts racing, as it is not being controlled by a subconscious, low-order computer program that has our awareness held hostage, complete with a list of demands and weapons to hurt us if they are not met.

In essence, breaking free from this ego that I have defined and spoken of is basically our ascension as enlightened, spiritual, experiencing human beings, vibing on the cosmic energies that make this universe and this life oh so alive and breathing. :grin: Release your mind from these hang-ups and come dance with us above the stars.  :mushroom2: :lol: :smile:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3148588 - 09/17/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

deff said:
It's not evil, it's inert. It is something to describe a common way of perception, placing ones self before the nonself, when ironically - by doing this - one will never know their true self. It is up to the person if they chose to retain their ego, and to what degree. Obviously there is always some personality present, but it is entirely different when it's a form of communication or expression rather than a precreated template.

:thumbup: again! :grin:

I am definitely digging out my Handbook to Higher Consciousness book today, and am going to begin studying it and consciously seeking out change in myself again, with as much focus as I can possibly bring into it (considering that advancing consciousness is by far the most fufilling, rewarding thing we can do, I can't see not bringing all I have into it :wink:). I love that you mentioned "and to what degree". I think it will be truly exciting to be at a point that I can be completely enjoying every single second of this great experience, no matter what the external situation is, and yet still being able to effetively navigate myself through external situations as I prefer (preference is what being free from ego is all about, as there is no negative emotions produced when ones preference is not met, as there definitely is with addictions), and also being able to release into cosmic consciousness, completely merging with the universe, when I am not obligated to keep focus on anything in my own life at the moment.

Basically, getting to the point where the sense of myself is merely a thread in the open field of my here and now experience, the only necessary requirement for a sense of self that I would need to not completely float away, but yet still being able to completely experience every little detail all around me.... :mushroom2:

All I can say is that I am looking forward to the next oppurtunity to consume some mushies, and to come into it in this state of mind that I am in now, albeit a little more rested physically... :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #3148596 - 09/17/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Many of you have gotten personal and have attacked the egos. Using it only for your own scheme. The ego never needs to be touched.

Now please stop talking about the ego.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Whats wrong with ego? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3148639 - 09/17/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Excellent posts there fireworks :smile:

I feel we're on a common page, a lot of us here seem to be, when it comes to our own experience and perception. The greatest thing I feel we can do is strive to know ourselves completely, and once again enter the freedom of infinite bliss. But knowing yourself more often than not requires knowing what isn't you. You are the merge of nothing and infinity, and yet, in a matter of seconds, you are gone  :zoom:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Whats wrong with ego? [Re: Droz]
    #3148654 - 09/17/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Droz said:
Many of you have gotten personal and have attacked the egos. Using it only for your own scheme. The ego never needs to be touched.

Now please stop talking about the ego.

:lol:

I haven't seen anyone attack anything in this thread...

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Whats wrong with ego? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3148673 - 09/17/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I spilt my juice if that counts...

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3148701 - 09/17/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:grin:

Seriously, though, this thread has been great, its really helped me out as far as adjusting some thoughts and getting to a certain perspective... as you said, deff, it is great that a lot of us seem to be on a common page (I first typed "same page", and then realized that you typed "common", and then I realized why you chose "common" and not "same"... :wink:).

I must now visit the toilet momentarily, and then go dig out my book... I might be back later with new insight. :smile:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3148706 - 09/17/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"Many of you have gotten personal and have attacked the egos. Using it only for your own scheme. The ego never needs to be touched.

Now please stop talking about the ego."

yet again... Droz's meaning TOTALLY eludes me. Are you always messed on drugs? is english not your first language? do you suffer from ADHD? or are you just out to mess with me head?

dont mean any offense but im curious as to why you never make any damn sense (to me at least)

:confused:

--------------------

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #3148765 - 09/17/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ego has a good and bad side, just like everything else. And if you can learn to accept the fact that can have a bad effect on you, then you might just have a better ego for it:)

It is so complicated that you can write 87kb worth of explinations and still have someone rightfully contradicting it.

Saying if it's either good or bad only implied dualism. Like, if its so bad, then it must have been good to start. And if it's good, then it must have been bad to start.

Trying to proove either completely bad, or completely good will only leave you chasing your own tail and comming out of it with nothing but being dizzy and more confused.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3148853 - 09/17/04 03:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I understand droz
I guess I missed the history in which it became fun not to understand.

lack of precision is not equal to lack of wisdom.

most of what we are saying provides a direction towards a point of view.

you understand it by following and then looking at the scenery (tourists ehh?).

you should see my lawyer's directions and she is totally articulate!

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3148888 - 09/17/04 03:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Okay,

I think it's been well covered whats wrong and right with the ego , from an ego duality perspective as well as the 3rd option, being egoless as far as it pertains to the void of being nothingness or the pure white light of the all that is.

I still don't understand how you can be in a body and be the void or pure white light all of the time.

I'm going to spin this up a few notches here. You guys are reffering to a goal, being a return to source which means giving up the body with the ego.

To say you are a guitar player comes from the ego self. If not, everyone would be a guitar player of equal skill and whats the point of making the self definition? Even if you neutralize the ego, it's still there.

How do you go through life without any self definitions what so ever?

Sure, I think most of us have experienced the humilty (humble awe) of egoless moments and have bathed in the purity of source light for brief moemnts.

This is quite rejuvinating and refreshing. I encourage it taking the time now and agin, to do complete releases and let goes- drug free.

For anyone on the path back to source, it's seems removing the ego is a first step. Knock your socks off.

I guess I want to speak in consideration of people who already know themselves as source and know that it's not a place to get to but rather, a beingness, a stillness.

I sit back and move to comprehend eternal existance. I sit back and move to contemplate, why would I want to go back to a place i have already been, except for a visit? This visits serve as brief reminders of who I am and where I come from. Those visits also remind me that being is just that and becoming is something else.

I want to spend my eternity becoming of my being.

A sense of self "ego" is a tool. I guess, if you get to a place where you use it rather it using you then, this shit doesn't even matter anymore.

I think there is a difference between being free from it and having freedom of choice with it. there is a difference between it having power over you and you "coming from the void" having power over it.

It seems so many are running to source and I feel like I am just on the cusp, of going from realising myself as the puppet, or as the puppeteer, to being both in awarness at the same time and it's exciting. Source never left me and I never left it.

My individuality as a co-creative being endowed with free will is the most awesome value I can imagine to find myself bestowed with.

Duality ego crap can take a hike. But my individuality and ability to explore co-creatively myself as an individual of the one is something, I can't imagine ever wanting to give up.

Maybe we have all been talking about a common theme or idea. I am just looking to add to filling in some blanks of consideration or perspective on it.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (09/17/04 03:24 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom