Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, DXM, Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDXMUser
Stranger
A good kit?
    #3145991 - 09/17/04 12:12 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.mushmush.nl/?page=home/store/products&cat_id=1&sub_id=3

How's that one look for a newbie such as myself? My friend is providing the humidifier and heat lamps to keep it at a steady 70F.

Also, I'm in the states. Is there a kit I could order like that that isn't overseas and includes the spores, jar, substrate, etc?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemadsickpenguin
Re: A good kit? [Re: DXMUser]
    #3146018 - 09/17/04 12:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

To answer your question about the kit...i've seen a couple websites that offer presterilized substrate pf jars. They offer spores as well but I'm unsure about a spore/jar combo. I believe it was about 3x as expensive to buy them from the site then to make them yourself. Your call, tho

OfflineDXMUser
Stranger
Re: A good kit? [Re: madsickpenguin]
    #3146035 - 09/17/04 12:23 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well... my friend Albert and I are brand new to growing and have a $300 budget. We just have $300 to blow on growing something, so I figured I would pay my respects to the mushroom kingdom and grow our own little shroom garden.

We figure we will grow first on that one cake, and if it works out alright we will just buy presterilized substrate from somewhere else and reuse the materials.

InvisibleFiddySix
Dial UpCultivator
    #3146104 - 09/17/04 12:35 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You won't get a single kit like that in the states. Ordering something with substrate and spores in one container is asking for trouble. Just read up on some teks and for $300, you could build a top of the line glove box, incubator, fruiting chamber and probably make a whole crapload of cakes.

--------------------
All posts are based on a fictional world I created in my mind as I wait for pages to load.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: A good kit? [Re: FiddySix]
    #3146439 - 09/17/04 01:49 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with FiddySix. Do some reading on here, get what you need, and do it all yourself. It's not hard, and it is far more rewarding.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BurgerTime, Space Invaders
Trusted Cultivator
    #3147199 - 09/17/04 07:49 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DXMUser said:

Also, I'm in the states. Is there a kit I could order like that that isn't overseas and includes the spores, jar, substrate, etc?

if you have a hardware store or one of those "mart" stores in your area you might want to look into making a  pmp  for around $50 you could make two...$100 will get you a decent pc(hardware store or online) $50 more on jars(or gladware,check out the rye thread by Magash) and substrate,$100 will get you a good amount of syringes from any shroomery vendor.
i would strongly recommend  a shroomery vendor because they are all good and all have great customer service :thumbup:
and don't for get to read the faq two or three times
:thumbup: :thumbup:
hope this helps :goodluck:

--------------------

Quote:

pftek said:Impossible to clean everything right now. Maybe in a week.

ROTHBURY

:pm:

OfflineDXMUser
Stranger
Re: A good kit? [Re: george castanza]
    #3147357 - 09/17/04 09:44 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well see it's illegal to specifically buy a syringe of spores in my state. I'm not sure I'd get away with it.

That's why I'd have to buy it in powder form. I checked on the law, it's syringes and not powder. Don't ask me why...

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#3147513 - 09/17/04 10:45 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

what state is that and where did you read the law some states make it so only blunted syringes can go to that state becouse of the junkies for some resone the law makers think that a junkie will use a 12G point to slam dunk some dope

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineDr_Nick_Riviera
Forum Guy

Loc: Australia
    #3147531 - 09/17/04 10:51 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i've got the same sort of deal, no syringes were available just prints. But if you read the stuff on the shroomery really well and a couple of times, you'll see that making your own syringes is easy and better cause you can jam a crap load more spores into them (not to say the shroomerys vendors dont put enough spores into theirs). Also its a skill you'll have to learn anyway I guess, although with a budget of $300 you could probably pay someone to grow them for you. Good luck.

OfflineDXMUser
Stranger
Re: A good kit? [Re: Dr_Nick_Riviera]
    #3149972 - 09/17/04 10:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

We're really sold on growing them...

I've got a kid who found a loophole in the law (or so he says) so he'll be buying it for me and I'll just double whatever he paid for it... I'm getting two syringes...

We have (2) 10-gallon glass fish aquariums (which we'll sterilize), a humidifier with hoses input/output + filters, brown rice flour, and a 40-watt heatlamp.

Now all we need are the spores and some vermiculite and we're good to go...

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3150437 - 09/18/04 01:25 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DXMUser said:
I've got a kid who found a loophole in the law (or so he says) so he'll be buying it for me and I'll just double whatever he paid for it... I'm getting two syringes...

ask him to share it, I've been through the federal and teh laws for California and Georgia and have yet to find a loophole regarding cultivation... soemthing like that could be quite useful to the comunity

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, DXM, Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation