Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinescape
II
Loc: somewhere but not where y...
Picking?
    #3145848 - 09/16/04 11:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

SO my first fruits of my labor are done... however im not impressed with my first yeild.  Even tho i had 3 cakes 1pt and 2 1/2 pint im just curious when i pick them i should wait for the veil to break however should i wait for the cap to mature? or just when the veil breaks.  im going to be printing my largest cap, id say wet this one weights close to 15-20 grams wet, pretty decent for a cake.  anyway that brings me to my second question.  what causes aborts? i have one cake with 6 5-7 inch mushrooms and 7 aborts rainging from 1/4inch to 2 inches.  what can i do to prevent skinny mushrooms, i have thick myc on each mushroom telling me my RH is quite high plus tons of condensation.  why kinda small skinny mushrooms.  from the 2 cakes im going to say first flush no more than 5 grams dry.  any suggestions other than go to casings? i want great cakes like the greats of this board. ie magash/dycans(hyphae)ect. ect. :confused:

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY OR DO IS FAKE, IM A COMPULSIVE LIAR, sorry for any confusion this makes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescape
II
Loc: somewhere but not where y...
Re: Picking? [Re: scape]
    #3145861 - 09/16/04 11:43 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

actually the more i look at others pics and stuff i guess my skinny ones arnt that skinny i just had some that were excessivly large in my first flush. anyway any ideas for help?

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY OR DO IS FAKE, IM A COMPULSIVE LIAR, sorry for any confusion this makes.

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #3145951 - 09/17/04 12:01 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yo scape, what's up? Glad to hear you are harvesting, hope to help you increase your harvests. First of all, pick all of them just before the veil breaks (this is probably when they are most potent and are great eye candy IMO) unless it's for a sporeprint. I would leave that one until the cap goes flat or the stem starts turning purple because of the dropping spores.
OK, I'm not an expert, but I would say cloning might be the way to go. Essentially in the cultivation of a species, one tries to select future generations for  positive attributes, such as fruit size, pinning, potency, etc. It takes many generations of spore germination to select for these traits, and is best done with dozens or hundreds of jars. However, if you select that fat mushroom and clone it, you know that all the future mycelium and fruitbodies will grow in your particular setup and will grow to maturation. Ideally this would translate into fewer aborts and more even pinnings. I would look into a liquid culture tek to clone that fat shroom. Or once I took some inner tissue of a stem of a fat guy and just dropped the small piece into a corn jar, and  it grew and colonized the entire jar. Anyway, hope some of this helps. Peace! :hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Offlineneakah
Female
    #15937468 - 03/12/12 02:18 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

FUCK THE SHROOMERY :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey: :datass: :kingcrankey:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation