Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Faries and little green (or grey) men...
    #3145800 - 09/16/04 11:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

This has probably been mentioned before, but I'm bored.  Are today's tales and lore regarding ETs and UFOs comparable to other periods in society where folks exchanged stories about dragons, wizards, and the like?  Very creative stuff...I wonder what's gonna be the next hot topic?

:mushroom2:

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Faries and little green (or grey) men... [Re: Viaggio]
    #3145903 - 09/16/04 11:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Great post idea.

Until I see, fairies, green/grey men and fire breathing dragons, they are all considered to be archetypal symbols to me of what the human projects outwards as a form of self denial.

This denial may be in the form of rejecting something as being inferior or holding something above oneself as being superior, or even just way to different to identify and relate with in anyway possible.

I think through these archetypes we can safely explore these unrealised facets of our larger soul selves in the saftey of projecting them out there unto mythical creatures.

Just my take on this. Am interested to hear others.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: Faries and little green (or grey) men... [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3145926 - 09/16/04 11:56 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

That's a very interesting take on them.

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3146400 - 09/17/04 01:40 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yes it appears to be the same phenomenon wrapped in a costume fitting each period in history. The beings always have technology just removed from the time period in question. The abductions, balls of light, etc. all have been witnessed throughout history. They are not unique to the UFO scene at all.

It's kind of like when people have NDEs. Most people see a religous figure who fits the cultural context of that person. Some see Jesus, others see Krishna, some Buddha. Others simply see Light. These people are probably more adept at recognizing the layers of distance societal norms place on ones mind.

I just got finished reading "Passport to Magonia" by Jacques Valle which is all about this very subject. He documents hundreds of UFO sightings and links them to the fairy folk. The fairy folk started fading out just as the Industrial Revolution gained steam (no pun intended). They were replaced by the UFO phenomenon- a more modern version of the same phenomenon.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
    #3146407 - 09/17/04 01:42 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Um, I have a seer who has shown me Fairies. The do exist but are not easy to find or see (out of the corner of the eye is easiest at first till you know what to look for). Look at Jiggy's post on Awarness he didn't notice untill he had the car well same goes with those thing you don't notice them untill the first time their pointed out then its like "WOW!!!!!!" now as to what they are I still don't know other then they fit alot of the archtyps cept they seem to vary from one area to another like animal the ones in texas are a bit spiky and look a nit more like bugs but in California they look a bit softer and more like what you see on childrens Story books
and don't look for them in the Apalation mountains those are more then a bit scary (heck the whole range of those mountains are creapy and don't take my word for it look into it) and secondly they tend to avoid majer centers of "civilisation" and are more in the wilds (one of the things I like about liveing were I live) I'm not shure if there natives as I have seen some sort of light near some trees in a wood theat they seem to go in and out of. As for Dragons I hope to one day see them if there are any left (all I can do is hope) And no Drugs where not involed infact I have been dry for many years ecept for some pot I get once in a while from careing individuals to help with my cancer pains and eating ect. and lastly I picked my Name to Describe myself (ok I am not an Elf but I get jokes about how I look and it stuck includeing one small bend in my ear that forms a point  :tongue: no joke dad son all have it but it's small easier to feel then see but you can see it if you look) But as for Wizard Thats how I see myself and thats what I do I have a Lab and I work "Spells" and I have odd devises I work on. Now I use science but I mix it with what I feel is an older form of science that is just a valid but mostly lost. I could prob write a book if I wanted to but I would be happy to tell more esp about some of the strange "creatures" I have come across in my studies.  :grin:
:heart: :thumbup:

--------------------
"Fear is the Mind Killer"
Frank Herbert's Dune

"Shoot straight, conserve ammo and never cut a deal with a dragon"
Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology