Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Experience, is the best teacher!
    #3144046 - 09/16/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've noticed that some people here think others just read something one day and decided to beleive it.

Maybe they did, and I understand why some beliefs are questioned. Others want to know where they came from.

Even if they came from a book and not your own experiences, the book was written by someones own experiences if thats all you are looking for. What makes one persons experience any more valid then anothers?
i don't know, just something to consider.

If I am reading something new, I won't consider adopting a belief in it unless I can see how it will serve me better then not beleiving in it.

Even then, I entertain it as a possibility. If it's something that seems very beneficial for me to full on adopt into my programming, then I will first ask the universe to create an experience for me to show me how such and such can be possible.

Every time I ask of this, I get guided into an experience that shows me how something sketchy can be so within 24 hrs.

No doubt, I'm sure people here get tired of others assuming that they havn't done any of their own scrutenising, weighing out pros and cons, reasoning or challenging of beleifs, let alone having experienced them to be so for themselves before they adopt them.

It never hurts to ask. It may be very beneficial to people to be questioned who don't even know why they beleive what they do. sometimes, faith is the only answer and I can respect and appreciate that.

Anyway, try out the method I gave for having guides set up an experience for showing you how things can be possible. You have to believe the experience will come as you are a co-creator of it and you have to flow with the creative guidance. The understanding that can result is mind blowing, when you experience how something can be possible for yourself. You have to tell the ego to step aside too and be open to be proven other wise.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
Loc: The middle,Outside,nowher...
Re: Experience, is the best teacher! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3144122 - 09/16/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Acually I think Experience is a great teacher but I prefer one whom I belive to be better but Harder to hear and learn from The "soul" (how ever you want to call it see it) Mine is what started me on my Path long before I even knew what a "path" was I knew deep down there was something to what is called magic and the the world was more then we saw with our eyes but I had no experience to tell me this untill decades latter (in fact there where many years where I had forgotten what I allready knew) so I guess I'm just dissagreeing with the wording I think it cant be the best if there is one better even if it is harder to learn from/understand.  :wink: :grin:

:heart: :thumbup:

--------------------
"Fear is the Mind Killer"
Frank Herbert's Dune

"Shoot straight, conserve ammo and never cut a deal with a dragon"
Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Experience, is the best teacher! [Re: ElfWizard]
    #3144971 - 09/16/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

good point jiggy.

See, for myself i was looking for truth for a long time, always reading reading reading, but it was all so fantastic, so far removed from my regular life that it was impossible to really believe any of it, to really take it beyond the level of a titilating thought. Either that or it just wouldnt make any sense at all to me.

Then one day i percieved it. Experience was definetly the key.

It was like Before the experience what i read was at best interesting speculation, yet after the experience it all came into focus. From the standpoint of my new knowledge i could see what numerous authors were getting at (seth, Lao Tzu, Mahayana Buddhists, quantum physics (that fucked up cat in the box metaphor) all these things became clear

so personally i dont think its even really possible to just read something and start to believe it. Not really. I mean you might agree with the concept intellectually, but true belief creates perception, so when you really believe, your whole world changes.

However, by loading your mind with the reading you prepare the way for the big thought, and signal your openness and desire to know to the higher planes. Then one day they see an opening and ZANG

so if ya havent had the experience, continue reading, and also PRACTICING because the practices, (weather it be a meditation form, yogic, lucid dreaming, ferverent prayer for enlightenment, or imbibeing of a psychadelic drug with the purpose of knowing) is what really opens the channels that allow the reception.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblemr crisper

#3144997 - 09/16/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

sorry to sum it up in a single soundbite -

knowledge comes from books, wisdom comes from experience.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3145025 - 09/16/04 06:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

if i ask, i still don't know who's asking..

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Experience, is the best teacher! [Re: mr crisper]
    #3145082 - 09/16/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I agree Mr. Crisper!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3145096 - 09/16/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Elf,

Are you saying that to you, your soul is a preferable teacher to your experiences? If so, I don't understand but would like to see what you are seeing. If you don't mind, can you explain it better. I'm just curious.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Experience, is the best teacher! [Re: Gomp]
    #3145100 - 09/16/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

just pay attention to the question and don't worry about it.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Experience, is the best teacher! [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3145122 - 09/16/04 07:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

spot on :wink:  :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3145223 - 09/16/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Experience is not always possible in the quest for knowledge. There are certain things that are beyond human experience yet still "exist". Many of them even play an incredibly important part in this Universe.

Can you "experience" an elliptic curve? "Experience" how it changes? Yet elliptic curves form the basis of some of our most advanced encryption techniques today.

I propose that, on the grounds that some things "exist" which can be Thought of but not Experienced, thought superceeds experience. You can think about things which you cannot experience...yet you cannot experience a thing which you can't think about :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Experience, is the best teacher! [Re: trendal]
    #3145272 - 09/16/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You can think about things which you cannot experience...yet you cannot experience a thing which you can't think about...

That, is some quality sig-material.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Experience, is the best teacher! [Re: trendal]
    #3145286 - 09/16/04 07:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"You can think about things which you cannot experience..."

analyzing analyzing analyzing.... Conclusion: there is nothing we cannot experience, in time. THe only limits are temporary. Are nature is Godhood, and all experience is within gods imagination.

"yet you cannot experience a thing which you can't think about "

Analyzing analyzing... conclusion: Seems to be true so far. But i believe eventually experience will transcend the realm of mental thought

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
    #3145392 - 09/16/04 08:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well hmmmm hard to put it into words but I suppose some Gut feelings might fall under soul knowledge. Basicly it's something you know in your heart of heart (deep down beyond thought or knowledge something that rings down to the very "core" of your being) I supose it's kinda like faith but goes one step beyond that (I'm haveing a hard time puting it in to words  :tongue: sorry) it's like a solid emotion ; Love floats/flys ; hate burns/explodes This is like a mountian of an emotion solid sturdy huge. when you feel it and relise what it is you feel it's suddnly "there" in full force and nothing can shake it you can forget it but never lose it and there is no doubt that can shake it.  :crazy: I hope that explains it a little it really seems to be something you have to experience  :wink: to truly understand but hopefully I can get the concept across (yes I know it still deals with experience but only in so much as understanding fully the feeling for ones self)  :grin:

--------------------
Frank Herbert's Dune

Shadowrun street Proverb

To announce there must be no critisism of the president or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile but is morally treasonous to the american public
Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3145720 - 09/16/04 09:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

TIME is the best teacher

unfortunately, it kills all its pupils.....

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3145743 - 09/16/04 09:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ElfWizard said:
  I hope that explains it a little it really seems to be something you have to experience  :wink: to truly understand but hopefully I can get the concept across (yes I know it still deals with experience but only in so much as understanding fully the feeling for ones self)  :grin:

I appreciate your expansiating. You do realise that feeling is an experience. We were on the same page all along. I suppose you just defined what i meant by experience to not include gut feelings and feelings in general and to me, they are experiences. :wink: :thumbup: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Experience, is the best teacher! [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3145757 - 09/16/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I totally resonate with your reply to trendal moonshoe. In elfwizards words, "I feel it to be so in my gut" all of what you said.

Interesting to hear your views trendal. It's great to incorporate the biggest picture on any subject possible for the clearest picture.

That was funny Jux!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineElfWizard
Wizard
    #3146430 - 09/16/04 11:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hehehe  jiggy :crazy2:

:heart: :thumbup: :grin:

--------------------
Frank Herbert's Dune

Shadowrun street Proverb

Pres. Theodore Roosevelt

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3146935 - 09/17/04 02:26 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

there was this idea I ran into a while back, and I don't remember where it came from, so if anyone knows that would be most helpful :grin:

what I read was that each person experiences their own version of the truth.  now that doesn't mean it is the absolute truth though.  it borders on how we react to different situations, compared with how we have developed as an individual. 

simply, what might work for me might not work for you. 

with certain talents that I have, I can approach a situation different than the way you can approach that same situation with your talents. 

this to me was common sense, though what is common? :blush:

the idea went on to state that it isn't the individual truth that was the only thing that mattered, but that it was the collective of all the truths that made of "the truth"

it's what makes life fun, because we are forced to compromise.  to show enough compassion for another person to say "ok for you I can try it out this way," or "lets think of something together to get the best results for both of us."

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3147140 - 09/17/04 04:37 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So, what you are saying, essentially, is that the best way to learn is to try and connect the new thought, the new idea, the new lesson, into one's preconceived understanding? :grin:

I think this happens anyways, but it all just depends on where everything connects in your mind... and what value it is given....

The only problem is if ones previous realm of understanding isn't based in complete reality... or something like that....

At any rate, you can only know something in this moment based on your understandings from the previous moment, you always have to start with what you know, and "what you know" could always be wrong...

Its crazy how completely subjective learning and understanding are. So many unqiue paths and connections, and what they are all based in, and how they are connected... and the fact remains that it could all be based on incorrect perceptions of mere illusions....

Sorry for not being consise, or even coming to some point, because there was no point intended... :nut: Learning and understanding comes closest to what some would define chaos as anything else I can think of do... who is learning, what is being learned, where is it being learned from, why is it being learned, does it even matter, is it even the truth? Where the fuck are we and who the fuck are we? :lol: Its the most genuinely amusing aspect of life, the fact that we have no objective point of reference, no validation, no nothing.  :smirk: It scares some people; I just laugh perhaps a little too hard. :lol:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Experience, is the best teacher! [Re: kaiowas]
    #3147767 - 09/17/04 10:38 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I liked your post Kaio,

You pretty much summed up the post on individual truth I started a few weeks back.

This post wasn't about, "how to find your way to your truth. I might as well be responding to Fireworks to know.

This was about how we learn to understand ourselves relative to existance. We learn how to speak new lanhuages to get along with others, we take management courses to become more effective in the work place, we dine in fancy restaurants or go slumming to see how the other half lives.

None of this has anything to do with truth or fact finding.

What I was saying Fireworks, is that if someone presents an idea to me, and I can't see how it would be possible for someone to engange in a certain type of behavior, I may ask the universe to set me up in a situation where I will be prone to act that way or experience or see how someone could.

I suppose this is more about understanding the nature of the human/soul/ spirit relatative to excperience.

I do learn from the experience of others as well. I don't have to experience everything for myself to understand it. Sometimes, just seeing or hearing of anothers experience is enough for me to develop deeper understandings. I havn't had cancer, but I have heard of the experience from enough people to learn about more about it and the lessons it brought them.

In short, I will take throwing myself into experiences any day over book reading when I am seeking deeper understanding, forget that ever elusive element of "truth". Just when you think you have your hands our mind around it, it slips away.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom