Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Kratom - Ingestion tips
    #3144413 - 09/16/04 05:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I've recently gotten my hands on some Kratom. I have heard that you're supposed to make a tea from it using about 7-10 grams. I'm drinking some of it right now. These are the questions I'm hoping those of you with Kratom experience can answer 1.- eat previous to ingestion? (I've opted not to, but I had breakfast). 2. -Will a warm/hot tea decompose any of the active ingredients? 3. -Should I eat the kratom in the tea I made or strain it out? How complete is the process of extraction from water alone?

Right now I'm drinking some tea I made in my coffee maker. Its quite bitter, but I sweetened it some. Once I'm done with this glass I'll brew another cup from the same leaves. I don't plan on eating the stuff this time, but if its suggested bythe majority I will in the future. Once I've finished off all I have I will write a bioassay as best I can.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Kratom - Ingestion tips [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #3148564 - 09/17/04 04:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

1. Well of coarse if you choose to eat before ingesting then the result will be less effective. I would suggest not eating so that you can get more out of the experience and conserve more kratom.

2. No.

3. Again, another choice of effectiveness. If you eat it along with the tea then you will of coarse get a little more out of it. But it's not necessary. And you will get all you need from the tea. Unless you have a tolerance to kratom, or you really don't want to waste anything at all, then I would say just strain and drink the tea. Drinking the tea itself can be a task on it's own sometimes. And trying to eat the solids will be more disgusting.

4. Works great.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience