Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedankmoney03
Stranger
Varification on huge cubensis please
    #3143732 - 09/16/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Today mushroom hunting i found a few large cubensis growing together. Can someone help me out a little bit with varification on them.I live in the charlotte NC area. Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Varification on huge cubensis please [Re: dankmoney03]
    #3143812 - 09/16/04 01:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

those aren't cubes.

DH

Offlinedankmoney03
Stranger
Re: Varification on huge cubensis please [Re: spores]
    #3143836 - 09/16/04 01:51 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

What's your reasoning on saying that?

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #3143893 - 09/16/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Because they have green gills, a white veil, and don't show any signs of bluing.

They're a species of mushroom that is dangerously poisonous(causing death in some cases). It's called Chlorophyllum molybdites.

Don't believe me? Go ahead, take a spore print. Spores will be yellow green to bright green. Cubensis have purple brown spore prints.

I'd also imagine you didn't find this growing from cow dung... which is where cubensis grow.

On top of everything else, the color on the caps of cubensis is uniform and not broken like your C. molybdites are.

Edited by Gumby (09/16/04 02:00 PM)

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Varification on huge cubensis please [Re: Gumby]
    #3144010 - 09/16/04 02:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Now I can see why Chlorophyllum molybdites is reportedly the most common species responsible for mushroom poisoning in the South.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Varification on huge cubensis please [Re: Workman]
    #3144024 - 09/16/04 02:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

/me shakes head.

They really look nothing at all alike other than the cap coloration. They also have completely different habitats.

How people make the mistake is beyond me.
Even the most uneducated people I run into when talking to about mushrooms know that "shroomz gots purple ringz and turn blue."

Offlineshroomaster
journeyman
    #3144490 - 09/16/04 04:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

not cubes man...please don't eat, my brother got sick as hell. My, admittedly ignorant, ass found these in a cow field by the garbage bag full and figured since they were growing in the grass all around where the major cow trail was that they must be shrooms. I didn't even know the name of the shrooms I was hunting for at the time. Those mushies in the pic are referred to as 'green gills' and that's just about how you'll look if you eat any. Fortunately, I have learned what a Psilocybe cubensis and Copelandia cyanescans mushroom looks like...the only two active species you need to worry about really. I've hunted for years and now feel rather confident in the conditions it takes to bring them out and the habitats they're most likely to be found in...keep looking. persistence pays off.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Varification on huge cubensis please [Re: Gumby]
    #3144996 - 09/16/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

if find c. molybdites everywhere and also extremely easy to i.d.

anyways, the reason i'm posting is that i've read (arora) that they aren't all that damn poisonous being somewhat tasty and not affecting everyone badly. i understand that it won't exactly kill you and you may be the lucky type who deosn't get ill at all.

yes, i know, it's beside the point.

Offlinecosmicsea
Stranger

Re: Varification on huge cubensis please [Re: debianlinux]
    #3145037 - 09/16/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Arora is crazy. All i know is that I picked some for a spore print (my girlfriend was having a good time with them...) and I just couldn't stand having them in the same room with me. Just the thought makes me nauseas.

But we all have to learn somehow. This post is bizarre because I think with the minimal amount of information you can easily decipher that it is not anywhere near a psychedelic shroom. Peace.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Varification on huge cubensis please [Re: debianlinux]
    #3145493 - 09/16/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

They are the number one mushroom for poisoning by accidental ingestion thinking they are Cubensis inthe state of Florida.

They look l nothing like a cube.

When I lived in jackosonville in 1979, in Arlington, I remember walking down the street and aI saw a whole shitload of them in the grass on a publisc lawn alongside a sidewalk.

A longg-haired hippie type came by me on a bicycle and stopped to inform me they were magic mushrooms and I so hould try some.

Of course he did not know who I was.

HEre are two images of Green Gills ()Morgan's Lepiota or as noted above, it's latin name is Chlorophyllum Molybdites.

These are from a lawn in fron to f Mr. Samui's art shot in Chewang Beach. He is the man who paints most of my batiks for me. This is my friend Grant holding the shrooms.

GGreatOne234 has also posted some beautiful pictutres of the gills of Green Gills. They turn green in age. the caps are like parasols and are scaly with scabby skin simikilar to Amanita species. They become cracked and pitted and wrinkled with age and the scaly caps are referred to as squamose or warty.

mj

I still do not understand how anyone could compare that with a cubensis.

Wait till I get my Jpeg COmpressor. I want to show everyone the Psilocybe from Koh Samui which someone, after picking with me for 6 days, went out and picked two or three kilos of it and thought it was P. cubensis, although it does not grwo directly from manure but old manured soil like the P. samuiensis.

mj

And all have a shroomy day

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #3145736 - 09/16/04 09:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

oh man... those are "green gills"
-aka Chlorophyllum molybdites.

the most common lawn mushroom there is in the south.

poisonous.

'hope this fellow hasnt eaten them.

they not only eventually have green gills,
but if you eat them,
you become green in the gills also,
sick.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate