Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSuicidalImpulse
Stranger
Rundown...
    #3142498 - 09/16/04 05:19 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Lately (last month or two) I've been feeling very rundown and tired all the time.It takes a great deal of effort to get out of bed and start my day.The day drags on forever.It started years ago and its gotten worse over time and its to the point where I really dont get out much any more and I've over the years lost my friends...I'm left all alone with little family at all and no friends.Things are just going very...well, crappy.Whats bad luck turns to worse luck to make things even worse.I try to get out and meet people around here and I just dont succeed at all.Im not the best at starting conversations.

Whats worse is that growing up I was on alot of depression and anxiety meds.At the time alot of the ones prescribed to me were brand new and somewhat experimental yet and now a number of those drugs have been recalled or have been shown to cause harm to internal organs and others have been shown to screw with brain chemistry.

Its at a point in my life now where I need to get my life together.I cant keep living like a I am.But Im lost.Ive fallen so far from where I started that I cant even see where I started from and I have no idea how to fix my life.I ave no idea hwere to start either.My body also needs to recover from years of prescription meds(which never did anything for me anyway) and also years of other substances as well as doing some very stupid things.

So much has happened in my life over the years that now that nothing extreme is going on and my life is settling down that I dont know what to do.I feel like something major has to be going on almost...

I'm at this crossroad in my life now...Im getting married next year,Im going to be buying a house after that...we're planning to have kids...and alot of other major events.But I cant seem to pull myself together. :sad:

How do I start picking up the pieces of what was my life and start putting it all back together?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethelion
Re: Rundown... [Re: SuicidalImpulse]
    #3142721 - 09/16/04 09:53 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You have a future wife. That means you must be close to her. Have you talked to her about any of this? She must be supportive. If she isn't I would wager to say you might be in the wrong relationship. But I would think if she is to be your life partner then she could be important to making you feel better.

Sorry I don't have much more to say.

OfflineSuicidalImpulse
Stranger
Re: Rundown... [Re: thelion]
    #3143396 - 09/16/04 02:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yes we're very close.I've known her since she was born.We grew up together.

Yes I've talked to her about this but she doesnt really know how to help me with this.She's also very busy with schooling and work.So she doesnt have a whole lot of freetime currently either.She is very supportive yes.

It's not just about feeling better though either.Its more about needing to shake bad habits and fixing my social life and fixing my life in general.I just really dont know where to start or how to start picking up the pieces after everything that has happened. :confused:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3143422 - 09/16/04 02:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, I can relate on a large scale. 

I can suggest that you need to put yourself out there if you want to improve socially.  Maybe get a new hobby which involves meeting large amounts of people.  Then just introduce yourself.  It sounds cheesy and hard, but honestly, just go up and say, "Hey, I'm xxx" even if you have no idea what to say after that.  Chances are the people you are meeting are going to be a little nervous too.  To make new friends and relationships, you have to take a risk.  So take it!

When you decide to do something, DO IT.  Don't procrastinate, just DO IT.  What is stopping you from shaking those bad habits?  What is stopping you from finding a new social life? The short answer:  YOU.  So don't let you, stop you!  I mean this with kindness and sincerity, because I hear where you are coming from totally.  It's not always easy and it WILL take effort, but your goals are completely attainable!  You just have to DO IT!!  :smile:

Anyway, I wish you the best! :heart:

*me*

OfflineSuicidalImpulse
Stranger
Re: Rundown... [Re: MOTH]
    #3144009 - 09/16/04 04:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Maybe get a new hobby which involves meeting large amounts of people. Then just introduce yourself.

Thats the hard part.There arent any hobbies around here that I can think of that involves meeting people at all.

What is stopping you from shaking those bad habits?

Lack of willpower.It's really hard but I'm making progress slowly.

As far as being social its hard to be social again after being solitary for a number of years.It just seems like no matter how hard I try at anything lately I meet with failure most of the time.I cant seem to shake this "bad luck".

I am trying hard though.Most of my friends, were friends involved in alot of drugs.When I started to cut that part away from myself mostly and my life my so called friends dwindled away quickly.Now that I think about it and look back...It seems like they were there for everything I gave them and helped them with rather than being there for me.
:sad:

So now Im left a bit dazed and confused persay and Its like Im spinning around very fast and stumbling about in life b/c I dont know which way to go.My balance and a major part of my life isnt there anymore.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3144047 - 09/16/04 04:23 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I have just came past that very hurdle in my life.

Mabey you could try what I did. I just one day made the decision to get more oxygen to my brain. I started lung and heart pumping activities. Swiming, biking and more sex.

After lying around after work for 7 years my brain was starving. I really think exercise has everything to do with a healthy brain. Good life comes from a good oxygen supply.

It may seem very simplistic but it works.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Rundown... [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3144175 - 09/16/04 04:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I agree. 

Suicidal Impulse, why don't you try and make an exercise regimen to try and keep to, to start off with?  It can help bolster your self esteem and give you some confidence to begin making other connections in your life. :heart:

OfflineSuicidalImpulse
Stranger
Re: Rundown... [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3144204 - 09/16/04 05:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

(nods) It sounds like a good starting point to start fixing my life.Thanks for the advice,both of you. :grin:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being