Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Need id again. Pan sub or better?
    #3141884 - 09/16/04 12:08 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i dotn know much about the actives here unfortunatly but im hoping to get the hang of it this season.  anyway everything is here http://www.angelfire.com/bc3/fungus/sept1504.html 

Coprinus atramentarius???

the top one is the one i need help with.  the pics and description are at the link.  i cant link pics unfortunatly, but here is the description:

General: Very brittle little mushroom. found next to some weird shaped grey/black caped mushrooms. very moist wood.
Habitat: Moist/wet, dark, cedar/maple/fir forest. scattereed other decid./conifers.

Substrate: Wood. at the base of dieing tree in wood mulch.

Grouping: Grew in groups. 1-10ish per group.

Weather: Rain and small sunny breaks last week. heavy rain last 2 days. temps have droped about 10-15f from previous week. misty today.

Cap: Medium brown in the center/top of cap, light brown in meddle turning really dark at the lower potions of the cap. The older caps were really dark/black. quite brittle, moist but not sticky. 1/2-1" wide same for height. Conical.

Stem: 2-4" high, pretty thin 1/8-1/4" thick. fibrous but very weak. crushes easily, but always splits length wise. see pic.

Gills: Black. everything gets black when it touches.

Smell: no smell, jsut like the wood it grows out of.

Texture: small groves going top to bottom of cap. very fine but can feel it. wet/slight slimy.

Spore Print: BLACK.

Does that coral look like Ramaria stricta?

Also found my all time favorite mushroom from around here!!!  only seen em 3 times, but i am alsways thrilled everytime.  Pseudohydnum gelatinosum.

thanks for any help :smile:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Edited by kadakuda (09/16/04 12:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Need id again. Pan sub or better? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3142135 - 09/16/04 12:59 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The Coprinus atramentarius I have found have been much more gray and not brown like yours. I would lean more towards C. micaceus or C. domesticus or one of the other very similar species.

If you want to figure it out for sure, here's a key that will let you do that. Warning - a microscope is required for an accurate ID.

Happy mushrooming!

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Need id again. Pan sub or better? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3142201 - 09/16/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ToxicMan said:
The <I>Coprinus atramentarius</I> I have found have been much more gray and not brown like yours. I would lean more towards <I>C. micaceus</I> or <I>C. domesticus</I> or one of the other very similar species.

Yep, I agree. Also, Atramentarius is much more 'massive' in its appearance. The cap is really solid and heavy. I picked a medium sized Atramentarius last year and the single specimen weighed in at about 300g.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3142255 - 09/16/04 01:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the look. i dotn knwo much about shrooms, or my borrowed shitty camera but i can use the scope pretty well. please excuse the shat pictures, the digi im using is pretty cheap.
400 times Mg.

1000 tiems Mag.

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3142265 - 09/16/04 01:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i did take a brief look at the site you gave, very much appreciated.  too tired right now to look in depth but tomarow will bring a whole new light :smile:

also would gettting a pic of the spores under the microscope be a wise idea for IDing?  i can do it easy enough, jsut need to borrow the camera.  i can go 40/100/400/1000 on my mic.  whats best for active species?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags