Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
The Second Amendment vs. The Jihadists
    #3141340 - 09/15/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Now that we are blessed with a wider assortment of defensive weapons to protect our loved ones and our country, I was pondering this question... What is your preferred round and weapon for exercising your 2nd Amendment rights of protecting the homeland against jihadists?

I myself like something in .308 because you can use military ammo (7.62 X 51 nato) and snipe the enemy at a comfortable distance with very good accuracy, thereby eliminating the possibility of collateral damage while staying out of the vicinity of 'spray and pray' idiots.

A nice reliable weapon is the Vepr in .308 This is based on the classic Kalashnikov design...

Vepr also makes a sporting version, the 'Vepr Hunter'...

There is another fine weapon, again based on the Kalishnikov design the Saiga Synthetic ...

Here's a nice sporting version by Saiga, The Saiga 100...

Of course there's the classic M1A - updated with a black synthetic stock...

My personal favorite because of excellent quality, reasonable price and accuracy rivalling bolt action rifles is the latest version of the BAR sporting rifle from Browning, (the .308 version weighing in at a scant 6 lbs, 10 oz)The BAR ShortTrac...

Well, that's all for this installment of 'The Second Amendment vs. The Jihadists.'

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (09/15/04 10:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Re: The Second Amendment vs. The Jihadists [Re: Evolving]
    #3141349 - 09/15/04 09:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Fantasizing about shooting someone is fucked up.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: The Second Amendment vs. The Jihadists [Re: unbeliever]
    #3141365 - 09/15/04 09:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well then you shouldn't fantasize about such things. Me, I fantasize about sex with women... lots of women.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #3141375 - 09/15/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Me, I fantasize about sex with women... lots of women

and to think I was alone.......

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3141384 - 09/15/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It's funny you mention this, because I was thinking about how if they had a second ammendment in Palestine, they wouldn't need to resort to blowing themselves up.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
    #3141433 - 09/15/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think the Jihadists are going to be the ones that find themselves at the business end of our second ammendment. The real targets will come from much closer to home.

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: The Second Amendment vs. The Jihadists [Re: FrankieJustTrypt]
    #3141448 - 09/15/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting point, but let's pretend that Asscroft's men are monitoring this website and talk about real enemies. :wink:

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #3141523 - 09/15/04 10:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've been shooting one of these lately.

they are acurate as hell from a decent field
distance off the shoulder.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: The Second Amendment vs. The Jihadists [Re: afoaf]
    #3141542 - 09/15/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

A mini-14, no a mini-30. A handy little rifle.

** edit , second guess**

--------------------

Edited by Evolving (09/15/04 10:38 PM)

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #3141564 - 09/15/04 10:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

which one is the AK round and which is the M16?

mini 30 and mini 14...

I can never remember.

I want to try to find a bigger clip for this thing though,
it's only good for 5 shots.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3141581 - 09/15/04 10:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Mini-14 is .223 while the mini-30 is 7.62x39mm

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

#3141584 - 09/15/04 10:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

excellent. mini-14. i'm gonna get one. yessssss. a fine firearm.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#3141585 - 09/15/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Avoid firing surplus Eastern European and Chinese ammunition out of a mini-30 as the ammo is corrosive and the barrel is not chrome lined like those of the SKS and AK-47. If you do use the cheap ammo, you need to clean the barrel, the gas port, piston and gas tube thoroughly with hot soapy water or black powder solvent immediately after use.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3141601 - 09/15/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

shit evolving.. you know what you sound like?

you sound like a member of some redneck hillbilly militia.

:wink:

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Re: The Second Amendment vs. The Jihadists [Re: ]
    #3141610 - 09/15/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'm a mountain man, not a hillbilly... 7,000 feet :spliff: and getting higher!

--------------------

Anonymous

#3141619 - 09/15/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

nice. climb on brother.  :rocket:

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3141691 - 09/15/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Bushmaster XM-15, pre ban everything. After I load Mohammed and Yasser with .223's I can bayonet them. It's the shorty model, best for "in-fighting" in closed urban areas. Trijicon sites, streamlight scorpion undermount

Mini-30. The awesome .308, need I say more. 9x scope

Mossberg 590 Police model shotgun. 7+1=Massive hell raising. Got the streamlight on this too, barrel shroud, ghost ring sites.

Ruger .40 pistol - Nice little gun, has more knockdown than a 9mm, carries more ammo than a .45. I recommend everyone buying a .40 to see the glory that is the 10mm

Taurus 6" .357 magnum pistol. The BEST pistol to learn to shoot with. Big error of new shooters; anticipating and pre-acting the concussion of the round discharging, the jerking causes a miss. Best remedy? Have a buddy load your revolver with 2 rounds in random locations. You'll see when you anticipate the fire and jerk your hands even though you hit an empty cylinder. When you can fire 4 rounds and hit the live one without jerking your hand, you'll do great with othe rguns.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #3141987 - 09/16/04 12:27 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've got many shotguns and rifles, though no handguns.  A situation that needs quick resolution.

Since fighting situations would not all be long range, I think I would choose my Remington 870 12 gauge, but it's pump.  Maybe my Winchester 20 gauge semi would be the better choice.

For sniping, I guess a .300 mag Weatherby.  But only one or two shots.  That things fucking hurts. 

Well I gotta tell a story now.  The gun formerly belonged to my uncle.  He had been at some guys house who owned the gun.  They had been drinking (alot) and decided to go to the back of this persons property to shoot the gun.  The three of them drove some car with a rag top to a pond's bank to shoot the gun.  After some arguing about who would go first an how bad it kicked, the guy who was not the owner or my uncle decided it wouldn't kick bad and went.  He laid the gun across the the top of the car and began shooting.  Three times.

He finally put the gun down and turned to the others and said "See, it doesn't kick."  With a bloody ring around his eye from where the scope had kicked back and hit him.  They started laughing their asses off at him when the owner walked to his car and began screaming profanities.

It seems the concussion from the gun was sufficient to rip the rag top across the car.  Three neat, claw-like tears now adorned the cab.  The guy ended up getting so pissed off about it he didn't want the gun anymore and sold it to my uncle for uber cheap.

:drunk: :machinegun:  :pottymouth:

Which reminds me.  Is more of the noise a gun makes on discharge from the explosion or the breaking of the sound barrier by a bullet?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Anonymous

#3141992 - 09/16/04 12:28 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

donkey's wagon

Edited by mushmaster (09/16/04 12:40 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder