Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWulff
A bad, bad man.
Casing follow up, pics from yesterday and today...
    #3139339 - 09/15/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

God I'm really stressing out about my casings. Since posting pics yesterday and getting feedback I decided that I'd "let nature run its course". Today the giant 'knots' have only become more pronounced and there is a darker color to the mycelium in some places. Here is yesterday's shot of my first casing:

And here is today:

Here is a close shot of the same casing yesterday:

And here is today:

Here is my second casing yesterday:

And here is today:

Here is a close shot of the second casing (didn't take one yesterday):

The changes I've made in my setup since yesterday is I've put ice packs below the aquariums to lower the temp a few degrees, and I've added small pockets of perlite to the sides (I had no form of humidification besides misting until today). Do the size of those knots look healthy? Should they be that large? What am I doing that causes them to be so large. The temps have been about 78 on average the past few days and as I said there has been no perlite, just indirect mistings to the sides of the containers.

I just want to get a general idea from you pros as to what you think of my casings right now. Scratching and putting a light casing soil layer over is still something I'm thinking about doing, but I'd rather let it run its course if I can.

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinericelicker
The Dude'sImaginary Friend

Loc: The Yard
Re: Casing follow up, pics from yesterday and today... [Re: Wulff]
    #3139400 - 09/15/04 03:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldn't scratch yet. It looks like you are very close to pinning. I would let nature run it's course, but if you don't get results, you might try increasing fresh air exchange. Are they getting 12hrs light?

I can't see it in the pics, but you mentioned the myc is getting darker in some places. This may be the beginning.

--------------------
"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Casing follow up, pics from yesterday and today... [Re: Wulff]
    #3139412 - 09/15/04 03:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Did you ever patch them? It doesnt look like it and looks like an uneven casing job. It's tough when your first starting out to get it evenly spread over the myc. Patching helps alot I've found. Take some left over casing mix and plop it down on the thick white spots when it starts comming up. You have to make sure you dont get any where there is no white and try not to pat it down. I dont know about them knots, they are huge as hell...I havnt had them so big but they look fine. Just let nature take its course at this point..even if your first flush doesnt turn out so hot, your next few flushes will get better (most likly).

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder