Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: is weed still fun if smoked daily? [Re: Hooty]
    #3137176 - 09/14/04 11:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

When you have a raging case of STDS would be a bad time to have more sex....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: is weed still fun if smoked daily? [Re: Kingkole]
    #3137200 - 09/15/04 12:05 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Only bad afterwards for those you are having sex with.. you're still getting laid in the meantime. :finger:

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: is weed still fun if smoked daily? [Re: iamreadynow]
    #3137211 - 09/15/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i like smoking everyday... but sometimes it makes me LAZY as fuck, so i have to stop for a while. and that i get burned out.

Offlineschmektron
Vainglorious

Loc: Wrapped in an imbroglio
Re: is weed still fun if smoked daily? [Re: Zero7a1]
    #3137225 - 09/15/04 12:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

this is just me, but the only good thing about smoking weed everyday, is when you stop

smoking weed everyday = boredeom when you are dry and can't get any herb, and when you're sober - you have nagging (at worst) longing for marijuana

InvisibleComfortably_Numb
FriendlyStranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Here (not everywhere)
    #3137882 - 09/15/04 06:53 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I wish asked this same question when I started smoking. It used to be incredibly fun for me too. Every time I smoked, I would get really stoned - almost like a mild trip. But the people I was smoking with were people who had already been smoking for years, so we were smoking large amount of weed on an almost daily basis. It was hard for me to keep up, and eventually weed lost it's magic for me. It just became an everyday routine. Instead of getting really stoned, I'd just feel tired and burnt out. It's possible it has to do with setting and my sources.. I used to smoke with different people and get different weed, but I still think I ruined it by smoking so much. I'm now taking a long break, maybe even quitting for good. If I were you, I would smoke in moderation.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: is weed still fun if smoked daily? [Re: schmektron]
    #3138083 - 09/15/04 09:22 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

schmektron said:
this is just me, but the only good thing about smoking weed everyday, is when you stop

smoking weed everyday = boredeom when you are dry and can't get any herb, and when you're sober - you have nagging (at worst) longing for marijuana

Thats why i never run out lol. I have not had weed available to me ina long time. I always get more before i smoke the rest of my last bag. Once i get a new ounce i stash away an eigth or so from the last bag into long term storagae and i always have like 5-10 different kinds of herb to choose from to smoke.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlineiamreadynow
    #3138509 - 09/15/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks all for the responses. It's tempting to do it all the time but maybe I'll just continue doing it in moderation - that seems to work.

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
Re: is weed still fun if smoked daily? [Re: vivid]
    #3138573 - 09/15/04 12:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

vivid said:
kinda feels like a cup of coffee to me. you get used to it. I think the "fun" factor diminishes and it is replaced with a certain living "satisfaction". thats my experience anyway.

I smoke all day every day and that sounds about right for me, too. :bong: :stoned: :spliff:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: iamreadynow]
    #3138623 - 09/15/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: is weed still fun if smoked daily? [Re: ]
    #3138770 - 09/15/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

thats the cycle. :smile:

Offlinewds
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
Re: is weed still fun if smoked daily? [Re: vivid]
    #3139463 - 09/15/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

in my experience, if you do it everyday, you will have to get stoned to have fun, and it seems like nothing is fun without it. not to mention, you're not even getting that stoned. your tolerance goes up, so you have to smoke more and have to buy more to keep up with your habit. gets VERY expensive.

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3139970 - 09/15/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

When I am working I smoke less, when I am not I smoke more.

Right now I am out of work and I not only smoke daily I smoke multiple times a day.

But an 1/8 still lasts me 5 days or more. :thmubup:

Tomorrow I have an interview at a cabinet factory!, maybe I will find the perfect grow cab and a job at the same time. :wink:

If I do get working there I will go back to smoking only at night.

I can play guitar stoned so how could I be bored :stoned:

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#3140067 - 09/15/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think the answer to this question is a definite "no".

I started smoking back in November of 2003. Man, those were the days. The first time I smoked it was just so exciting I couldn't contain myself. I didn't get high really, but the sheer intensity of smoking pot just blew me away. I had never even had a cigarette. I was smoking, AND it was pot. It was fun for the sake of rebellion, not just getting stoned.

In the weeks after smoking quickly became a daily exercise. I would smoke every time I came home with my friends (the ones who got me smoking) and eventually that was our world. Everytime someone's birthday came around, their gift was some sort of smoking utensil. We would burn through OZ's in 3-4 days, buy a new one and start again. At college, my roommate and I would smoke every night after we had our work done (oftentimes when we didn't) and that was fun for a while. But eventually, once we smoked at night I really wasn't high. I was just really intensely focused on whatever I was doing. It wasn't all too thrilling. My friends back at home would smoke even more than me since they were going to a deadbeat college, and even though they wouldn't admit it, they weren't getting high anymore either.

So I took 2 weeks off at the end of spring semester so I could be coherent during finals, and damnit it worked. Pulled 2 A's and 2 B's. I went home, and as a celebration I smoked a bowl of some schwag since that is all that we had.

Well, that is when pot really started to lose it's luster. I got high as FUCK, but I realized that I had to go home quickly afterward. And that's when the paranoia started kicking in. When I was living with my parents over the summer, everytime I smoked during the day it would just suck. All I could think about was how I had to go home, and I would constantly worry about my eyes, or my eyelids (half closed), or smelling like smoke, or lighters in my pockets, or something to that extent. It just became more of a habit with too many downfalls.

Over the summer, I grew kind of distant with my friends. We all spent way too much money (most of my friends went bankrupt). None of their cars are insured, and none of them have jobs. Everytime we are together we have a good time, but the idea of smokin up or doing some kind of drug is always on my mind and I'm sure it's on their minds as well.

Smoking everyday is bad. It doesn't become a reward anymore. I'm not saying it's not a reward due to addiction, but the novelty of it just wears off. Marijuana isn't THAT potent, and if you do it too much it just becomes weak and pointless.

I've quit smoking for good now (or so I say..it's been 4 days, but I'm resolute). As someone said earlier, getting healthy is a trip all it's own. Being sober is actually kind of enjoyable. I really do think clearer now, I'm not high or post-high around my parents, and I'm working on doing other things than smoking or thinking about smoking.

That story may have been a little dramatic, but, it was over a long time. The point of all this is that no, smoking isn't fun everyday. There is no good reason to do so, and if you don't believe me then start smoking everyday. You can't really learn a lesson without experiencing it  yourself anyway, but I hope that you trust me and everyone else and believe us when we say it sucks smoking everyday.

Good luck. Smoke on special occasions, and don't be afraid of LSD :smile:

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: is weed still fun if smoked daily? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3140134 - 09/15/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I find that as long as i'm completely sober before smoking i have a grand ol time. Usually once a day will do this for me, but if i wake and bake, and then that night smoke some, it's damn near just as good.

I definitely disagree with anyone who says smoking daily isn't fun. Obviously this is just personal experience, but man... if i have the bud, and know i can get more whenever i want, i'm going to be toking daily. If anything it makes my rest just about the most comfortable, good sleep i could ask for.

Cheers to smoking!
:spliff::laugh:
:cig:    =  :projectile:

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3140274 - 09/15/04 06:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Some people have ZERO problems smoking everyday.

Cannabis is safer then coffee, so I really dont see it turning into a problem for most people.

I am not just a stoner , I use cannabis medically.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: is weed still fun if smoked daily? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3140644 - 09/15/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i smoke every day, usually more than once. I get A marks, am motivated, happy and athletic, do well socially...

I can honestly say weed has no real adverse effect on me and ive smoked this way for more than a year now. I dont blaze much a gram lasts me 2 days or more.

Sometimes i get madly high and laugh like nuts and get all stupid and trippy, other times i just get a buzz and a moodlift that lasts for a long time. Im so used to it that its super familiar but it always effects me well and strongly.

Its great for any pains aches or unhappiness, good for insomnia and nausea, good for headaches, good for hangovers.

Im in love with mary jane

Oh yeah and repeatedly had times when circumstance demands i go entirely without weed for a week or more at the time. I do this after at least a year of daily smoking and i experience no withdrawal and very rapidly adjust to no smoking. Either way im happy, but i just look at weed as something that im blessed to have the privelage of using, its something i see no reason to give up.

But some people get fucked up lazy amotivational and unhealthy. However there is enough evidence of extrememly succesfull individuals regularly and openly using pot that i think its fair to say stoners run the gambit from politicians to celebrities to musicians to artists to maintenance workers, to desk jockeys, cops, soldiers, managment, drifters and wasters.

I think that the whole 'amotivation' stuff being attributed to weed is bullshit, a supreme example of selective evidence. Theres so many fat lazy slobs that never touch weed in their life, and so many stoners who do great.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: is weed still fun if smoked daily? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3140763 - 09/15/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
i smoke every day, usually more than once. I get A marks, am motivated, happy and athletic, do well socially...

I can honestly say weed has no real adverse effect on me and ive smoked this way for more than a year now. I dont blaze much a gram lasts me 2 days or more.

Sometimes i get madly high and laugh like nuts and get all stupid and trippy, other times i just get a buzz and a moodlift that lasts for a long time. Im so used to it that its super familiar but it always effects me well and strongly.

Its great for any pains aches or unhappiness, good for insomnia and nausea, good for headaches, good for hangovers.

Im in love with mary jane

Oh yeah and repeatedly had times when circumstance demands i go entirely without weed for a week or more at the time. I do this after at least a year of daily smoking and i experience no withdrawal and very rapidly adjust to no smoking. Either way im happy, but i just look at weed as something that im blessed to have the privelage of using, its something i see no reason to give up.

But some people get fucked up lazy amotivational and unhealthy. However there is enough evidence of extrememly succesfull individuals regularly and openly using pot that i think its fair to say stoners run the gambit from politicians to celebrities to musicians to artists to maintenance workers, to desk jockeys, cops, soldiers, managment, drifters and wasters.

I think that the whole 'amotivation' stuff being attributed to weed is bullshit, a supreme example of selective evidence. Theres so many fat lazy slobs that never touch weed in their life, and so many stoners who do great.

Oh I agree. Weed is completely safe, and I don't think any adverse affects are related DIRECTLY to weed. However everyone that I know except for one has just become a worse person since they started smoking. Maybe it's the money, maybe it's the fact that we really didnt have lives to begin with so the pot just ate our lives hard, or maybe we just all suck at life (big chance on that one).

Either way, smoke away if you can handle it. Pot is a beautiful thing and I wouldn't mind smoking right now. But I'm not, because I want to see what life was like without it. I've forgotten.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3140873 - 09/15/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I was just as lazy before i started smoking.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3140876 - 09/15/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

weed, like anything, has its downfalls if you smoke it everyday. i don't really smoke anymore, unless i'm high on something else and smoke a little. i don't like getting really high though. its just not as fun as it once was, anyone else get me?

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: is weed still fun if smoked daily? [Re: ]
    #3140913 - 09/15/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I get high 3 times a day usually. Some times more. I can take 1 hit off of a pipe and definatly catch a buzz. I like to smoke a whole lot more tho. If i am bymself or just chilling i can probably smoke until i pass out without it becoming a problem. I became a little less social tho once i get very high.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals