Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
World Wants Bush Out of the White House
    #3138320 - 09/15/04 12:53 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040908/wl_nm/campaign_world_opinion_dc_2
Quote:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The world wants President Bush out of the White House, according to a poll released on Wednesday that shows in 30 of 35 countries people preferred Democrat candidate John Kerry.

Kerry was particularly favored in traditionally strong U.S. allies and beat Bush on average by more than a two-to-one margin, 46 percent to 20 percent, the survey by GlobeScan Inc, a global research firm, and the University of Maryland, said.

The survey of attitudes around the world contrasts with U.S. polls that have shown the American electorate closely divided and that Bush has been gaining momentum since the Republican convention this month.

Bush launched a U.S.-led invasion of Iraq last year over the objections of many governments, including allies, and the first U.S. pre-emptive war angered many people around the world. Kerry has said he will pursue stronger international alliances if he wins the presidency.

"Only one in five want to see Bush re-elected. Though he is not as well known, Kerry would win handily if the people of the world were to elect the U.S. president," Steven Kull, director of the university's program on international policy attitudes, said.

The only countries where Bush was preferred in the poll of 34,330 people that was conducted mainly in July and August were the Philippines, Nigeria and Poland. India and Thailand were divided.

Asked how the foreign policy of Bush has affected their feelings toward the United States, a majority or plurality of respondents in 30 countries said it made them feel worse about America, while in three countries more respondents said they felt better.

The survey's margin of error was plus or minus 2.3 to 5 percentage points.

Here are some of the poll results:
Norway: 74%-7%
Germany: 74%-10%
France: 64%-5%
Italy: 58%-14%
Spain: 45%-7%
UK: 47%-16%
Canada: 61%-16%
Mexico: 38%-18%
Brazil: 57%-14%
China: 52%-12%
Japan: 43%-32%
Indonesia: 57%-34%
India: 34%-33%

The picture was more mixed in Asia. Only respondents in the Philippines clearly backed Mr Bush, but there was an almost even divide in India and Thailand.

Philippines: 32%-57%
Nigeria: 33%-27%
Poland: 26%-31%
Thailand: 30%-33%
Source: GlobeScan Inc/University of Maryland PIPA

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSteinM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: World Wants Bush Out of the White House [Re: daussaulit]
    #3138358 - 09/15/04 01:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Of course they want kerry in the Whitehouse. They want America to be a big fuckin pussy for 4 years.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #3138408 - 09/15/04 01:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Should it ever matter who the rest of the world wants to be the president, you statistics will have some interest.

Until then they are worthless.

Or to put it another, simpler way.... who gives a shit.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: World Wants Bush Out of the White House [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3138468 - 09/15/04 01:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

we shouldn't let the rest of the world decide our fate but we should definetly at least take it into consideration. Who here likes being forced into carrying on discussions with people you hate? Could be a problem at a UN meeting or if the president goes to another country to visit with their president or prime minister. Since we are the police of the world, it would help more if they liked us.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#3138492 - 09/15/04 01:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

we shouldn't let the rest of the world decide our fate but we should definetly at least take it into consideration.

No, we should not.

Quote:

Who here likes being forced into carrying on discussions with people you hate?

That's just part of life.

Quote:

Could be a problem at a UN meeting or if the president goes to another country to visit with their president or prime minister.

They're supposed to be adults. There are a great many unpopular world leaders.

Quote:

Since we are the police of the world, it would help more if they liked us.

Really? I don't see the need.

I want a president who puts this country first and foremost. It's not a matter of who's the choice of the rest of the world, any more than Americans should have a voice in who's the leader of say.... Canada. And I'd think that Canadians wouldn't give a fuck about who we think should lead them.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
    #3138501 - 09/15/04 01:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Lurvdemshrooms is right, it's the beautiful people of the USA who gets to vote in your presidential election.

As long as you're propping up dictators, assasinating democratically elected leaders and "spreadin' democracy", all in the name of that cultural disaster "the american dream", we'll keep bitching though.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #3138540 - 09/15/04 02:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hitler didnt care about the rest of the world either.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #3138566 - 09/15/04 02:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I want a president who puts this country first and foremost.

nationalism. plain and simple.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: World Wants Bush Out of the White House [Re: 1stimer]
    #3138575 - 09/15/04 02:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

1stimer said:
Hitler didnt care about the rest of the world either.

So what?

I don't recall the citizens of Germany being worried about what the world thought.

Frankly, basing your vote on what others think would be the height of stupidity.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: World Wants Bush Out of the White House [Re: Stein]
    #3138587 - 09/15/04 02:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stein said:
Of course they want kerry in the Whitehouse. They want America to be a big fuckin pussy for 4 years.

unfortunately..the majority of american voters shares that opinion..and now that its been mediacized..they will take it as another cue to vote for bush...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: World Wants Bush Out of the White House [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3138592 - 09/15/04 02:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
Quote:

I want a president who puts this country first and foremost.

nationalism. plain and simple.

Call it anything you'd like. The President of the U.S. should always put the interests of the U.S. first.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion