Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

poppy seeds?
    #3136581 - 09/14/04 11:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

In theory of course...(we dont want to break any US laws :grin: )

Wouldnt it be possible to extract active components such as morphine,etc. from poppy seeds? Of course given that there were enough seeds used to create more than trace amounts of these chemicals.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: poppy seeds? [Re: UnenlightenedOne]
    #3136597 - 09/14/04 11:29 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Have you been watching SNL? No the poppies just have morphine ect when in flower.

Edited by Gr0wer (09/14/04 11:30 PM)

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: poppy seeds? [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3136670 - 09/14/04 11:47 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

snl?

Alot more than one lab result from a urine test shows both codeine and morphine in urine after consuming poppy seeds.Ive also spoken to a a lab locally about whether or not poppy seeds contain any opiates.They told me the same thing.That urine tests show codeine and morphine in urine after consuming poppy seeds.

--------------------
Do not desire to reach a high level.Rather work without thought of reward to iron out flaws and impurities in one's self for the sake of one's self.When one has done this one needs not to desire anymore. http://www.lifeforceonlinestore.com/yc/

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3136805 - 09/15/04 12:17 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You test positive for opiates. It doesn't mean that theres actually opiates in you. There have definately been threads on this in the past I believe, try a search. Even from seeds, you must ingest quite a few to test positive for anything.

It's also possible that there is opium residue on some seeds, depending on your source. So, yeah... I suppose it's possible given the residue on them. However, I just made poppy tea from dried pods (after deseeding). The result of about 3 tablespoons of pod powder (coffee grinder.. 6 or 7 medium pods) was quite a nice, mellow opiate high.. probably a low dose. I can't imagine how many lightly tainted (if even) seeds you would need to feel anything at all.

So, I figure yeah it's possible. But the best way to go would be planting them.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3136810 - 09/15/04 12:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Crazy I always thought that was BS..

Oh and I think your thinkin about sinfeld.. not SNL... mabey it was in both

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: poppy seeds? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3136955 - 09/15/04 12:50 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The alkaloid content of poppy seeds is low (50 ppm) and cannot have any pharmaceutical effect. It is, however, high enough that morphine can be detected in the urine after heavy poppy seed consume, which might make for an unpleasant surprise in drug tests.

I found this during a search.I know 3 tsp can cause 1200 ng/ml and by that deduction about 7.5 tsp should cause roughly 3000 ng/ml which will cause even the highest cutoff level tests to test positive for opiate usage.If you test 3000 ng/ml you're going to set off major red flags at the lab lmao In theory enough seeds should be able to make an extract containing enough morphine and codeine to get high.Yes of course poppies are much more productive.However seeds are more discrete and can be concealed easier than growing poppies.However my only interest is to find out how many it takes to be usable and of course to dispel the notion that theyre inactive and get to the bottom of poppy seeds.

--------------------

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
    #3136977 - 09/15/04 12:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

no they had a funny shroom skit where they trip on the radio talkshow skit where they all talk real low. In the end they mentioned poppy seeds.

Anyways i read on erowid a kid that made a big batch of tea and got nothing.

OfflineUnenlightenedOne
Two Spirited

Re: poppy seeds? [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3137015 - 09/15/04 01:01 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

What proportions of what did he use?What weight was the person?Any drug tolerance?These things all play a big part.Also crushing is required to release the majority of components of poppy seeds.Otherwise very little components are released.

Also I've found that alot of erowid experiences are unreliable. (Id say as much as half or more in some categories)

--------------------

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

#3137113 - 09/15/04 01:35 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well poppies do contain illigal substances,but its not a phycoactive amount! oh yeah if u need any seeds PM me!

InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3138813 - 09/15/04 03:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You need pounds of seeds to have any effect. There is a recipe for poppy seed cake. I heard it can blunt the edge on a withdrawal but never heard much about anyone getting high off them even with lots and lots. I have lots of hens and chicks which is a potent strain. I'll be planting soon. I can swap for seeds if anyone wants.

Stoney

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden