Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
What is Light and What is Not
    #3136039 - 09/14/04 07:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have been thinking a lot about this lately. My interest was started by the thread I read here on this website about the true nature of the mind being pure light. I agree with that. But what is and isn't light? The sun is light. Are we the same as the sun? We are always told we are based on carbon, made of molecules, etc., but what about light? Do you believe the physical brain is light or is the mind a seperate entity composed of light or something magic? Let me know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
Re: What is Light and What is Not [Re: sox24]
    #3136054 - 09/14/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I am going about it the wrong way by looking for answers though I know there to be none. I just think there is a lot more progress to be made for us as humans, new discoveries. Einstein didn't say anything new, he just saw it so precise and simple. My interest is being a good writer, so this stuff is key to me, the interpretation of the life experience.

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3136067 - 09/14/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well not light as in our perception of light, otherwise we would have reached total self realization and would be completely aware of it.

So it depends on your definition of 'light' :smile:

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3136583 - 09/14/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The is not light, the sun "radiates" light. Light is an expression of energy, a "force" which we call the electromagnetic force. In quantum mechanics, light is emitted as a photon when an electron jumps to a lower energy state. We can only see a very small portion of all the light that is around us. You can think of light as a bunch of small particles (photons). Each one has a specific frequency, and the range of these frequencies is the whole spectrum. UV rays, X-rays, and gamma rays are higher frequency than we can see. Infrared, microwaves, radar and all kinds of radio are lower frequency than we can see.

I don't know about our minds being pure light...but I suppose it's possible our minds are based somewhat in the EM fields generated by the neurons in our brain.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3136774 - 09/14/04 10:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Here's a fun theory I like to play with. What if the darkness is actually light that is vibrating so freaking fast you can't even see it?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: What is Light and What is Not [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3136899 - 09/14/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

then if you were in a closet with duct tape around the edges of the door and youre in complete darkness, where is all that uber-fast light coming from?

darkness is the absence of light

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: What is Light and What is Not [Re: plexus]
    #3136962 - 09/14/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Uber fast! I love it.

Your assuming that there is no light source. What if that is vibrating so fast, you can't see it either? What if it is being piped in uniformly from another dimension? Like hyper illumination beyond our physical perception?

Thats the fun of this, all of the questions and where contemplating them takes you.

Where does the light of insight come from? When you go to insight into something, its because its dark. What light are you seeing with when insighting into dark places of the mind heart and soul?

I'm not saying it is nor am I out to prove it is. I said it's a fun theory to think about because of the places it takes you in thought.

sometimes, i think of the dark as holding what has always been there and when we go to put light on it we can see in it.

We do with with our inner eye and even with our heart of emotion.

Where does the light come from that illumes this sort of darkness?

This is just thought play.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (09/14/04 11:02 PM)

Invisibleninjapixie
 User Gallery

#3137579 - 09/15/04 03:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

No one really knows what light or energy is. Some say it is a wave. Some say it's a particle. Some say it behaves as both. No one really knows for sure. All we know is that it is all around us, we can use it and we can't survive without it. Maybe that's what god is. God is the light.

--------------------
Put that monkey back in the oven.

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: What is Light and What is Not [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3137990 - 09/15/04 07:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Uber fast! I love it. 

Your assuming that there is no light source. What if that is vibrating so fast, you can't see it either? What if it is being piped in uniformly from another dimension? Like hyper illumination beyond our physical perception?

word.... word.... i like that. but what about when there is no source? hypothetically. when all the dimensions line up their ductaped closets and there is utter nothing? what does that look like? if darkness is fastass light, what is the abscence of light all togehter?

Quote:

Where does the light of insight come from? When you go to insight into something, its because its dark. What light are you seeing with when insighting into dark places of the mind heart and soul?

spirit? self? maybe your instance the fact that you ARE is the light that guides you through yout shadow. it sure make sense when relating to my own experience through my shadow.

Quote:

sometimes, i think of the dark as holding what has always been there and when we go to put light on it we can see in it.

i agree. i see dark as whats there too. the place where light dwells.

Quote:

Where does the light come from that illumes this sort of darkness?

Then again... where does the dark come from? thats asking where everything comes from. thats, in the end, asking where the universe comes from. thats asking everything.

to bad where merely cosmological morons :wink:

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3138054 - 09/15/04 08:56 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

We do see things every day, from the moment we get up in the morning until we go to sleep at night. We look at everything around us using light. We appreciate kids' crayon drawings, fine oil paintings, swirling computer graphics, gorgeous sunsets, a blue sky, shooting stars and rainbows. We rely on mirrors to make ourselves presentable, and sparkling gemstones to show affection. But did you ever stop to think that when we see any of these things, we are not directly connected to it? We are, in fact, seeing light -- light that somehow left objects far or near and reached our eyes. Light is all our eyes can really see. But, as you use your imagination, aka see using the inner eye, you can see light right? or is this "seeing light" merely you believing you see it, so you actually not seeing light, you are imaginatin it? so.. what is light and what is not? to answer that, i need a answer to this: is it possible, to sit in a dark, "duck taped" closet whiteout a light source. so, Total darkness, you then close your eyes and imagine a sunny beach whit palm trees and naked girls, then where did that light come from? and does this imply you could create light from nothing, simply by imaginat it?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #3138877 - 09/15/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

sox24 said:
The sun is light. Are we the same as the sun?

We came from the sun. Back to the origin ...

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3175239 - 09/24/04 01:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I am surprised no one mentioned Albert Enstein.
E=MC^2
That equation explains that all matter is energy. That everything you see is light. That we are living in a holographic universe. Everything is just vibrating so that it gives the illusion of solidity.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
Re: What is Light and What is Not [Re: mecreateme]
    #3175573 - 09/24/04 02:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

that is called the unification theory mmmmmm ( all is light just beyond the curtain of our perception)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: What is Light and What is Not [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3176191 - 09/24/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"all is light"
sorry bout beeing picky, but does this mean dark is light?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: What is Light and What is Not [Re: Gomp]
    #3176214 - 09/24/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"dark" is just a human expression used to convey the lack of acceptable sensory input into our eyes. If you want to use "dark" as meaning "no light" then darkness is not a natural occurance in this universe. In fact it may be impossible to actually create a region of space completely devoid of light.

Just because we can't see the light...doesn't mean it's not all around us. We can only "see" such a small section of the EM spectrum :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: What is Light and What is Not [Re: trendal]
    #3176223 - 09/24/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

now what about black holes?

I heard this quote one time and I wonder if it makes sense to anyone.

"travelling at the speed of light would be akin to saying travelling at the speed of existence."

cause isn't light everywhere all at once?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: What is Light and What is Not [Re: kaiowas]
    #3176232 - 09/24/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Black holes are a special case...and at any rate light does still exist (in abundance) right up until you hit the event horizon. At that point any concept of spacetime gets flushed down the hole so it's quite hard to say if light (or anything, for that matter) "exists" inside a black hole.

--------------------

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3176235 - 09/24/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes. Light is merely an unknown seemingly universal "energy". Of course, the same is true of "energy".

Many people discredit this existance's awe through the reasoning of science, when yet, science knows so very little. The real awe lies beyond the commonly accepted anchor points of "science" and into the infinite that is among us.

Like trendal explained, "light" is our symbol to describe a certain spectrum of EM frequencies which can be sensed by our eyes and then refereced to neurological impulses, creating this illusion of a three dimensional lightscape. So, again this comes down to semantics. Do you mean light as in the commonly accepted meaning of the visible light spectrum, or rather to include other waveforms of the entire EM spectrum. Because, if you mean the latter, trendal is absolutely right. Everything is light, and darkness is just our lack of precision in detecting it.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#3176240 - 09/24/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

it boggles the mind!!  :cool:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: What is Light and What is Not [Re: kaiowas]
    #3176248 - 09/24/04 06:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The perception (you) also exist as an 'event horizon'. This is why I use terms like void in describing our true (infinitely non-existant) nature of perception.

Think of the intersection here -> X. It doesn't really exist if the lines have no width.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: What is Light and What is Not [Re: deff]
    #3176436 - 09/24/04 06:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

deff said:
The perception (you) also exist as an 'event horizon'. This is why I use terms like void in describing our true (infinitely non-existant) nature of perception.

Think of the intersection here -> X. It doesn't really exist if the lines have no width.

:thumbup:  that makes tons of sense!

off topic:

I have always felt that our true self is pure awareness, and your describing it as "perception" adds a great twist to this :smile:

--------------------

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

#3176592 - 09/24/04 07:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i would say that when talking about the fact that all is light.. that goes beyond black holes.. pure light .. goes beyond perceptual light and darkness and black holes.. and concept of universe .. oneness and light transcend everything physical( or "anti-physical such as black holes or white holes or pink holes it is all synergized in pure light) pure light is so eternal and bright that it synges every conception till there is nothing but nothing haha .. we must always remember that concepts like light and eternity go past our conceptualization of concepts altogether haha (we can go in circles with that for eternity)

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

#3176693 - 09/24/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

we can rise and we can fall but all in all .. all is one.. yet all is all .. heh from a poem that came from my hand and probably 1000 other people

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3176957 - 09/24/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

How can you agree with something that you are unable to define what it even means?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order