Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesafeway
Long brown HairTastes Good
dried mycelium, etc.
    #3131090 - 09/13/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have a few quick questions that could probably be answered in sure through hours of mining but i figured id just throw them out there: will spores injected directly into a potato, dextrose and yeast media propogate mycelium, or do i have to add an already established mycelium growth to it? and also, in accord to the "5000 hits in a small room a month" tek, could i just simply dry and consume the mycelium {in mass} and injest suffiecient amounts of psilocybin? If this process were to work out effectively, it would be a godsend for super-stealth psilocybin production, really

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: dried mycelium, etc. [Re: safeway]
    #3132405 - 09/13/04 11:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>could i just simply dry and consume the mycelium

No. Pre-hyphal knot mycelium has no detectable psilocybin in it. The 5000 hits story is just that, a story, IMHO.

-FF

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: dried mycelium, etc. [Re: safeway]
    #3132495 - 09/13/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Where is this 5000 hits story?  Sounds like a great romp through fields of fiction :smile:

Offlineglimmi
Stranger
Male

Loc: USA
Re: dried mycelium, etc. [Re: utopianglory]
    #3132680 - 09/13/04 11:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think you can read the 5000 hits story on erowid. Im pretty sure thats where I read it.

--------------------
"This stuff it makes pure mescaline seem like...ginger beer man" Hunter S. Thompson

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: dried mycelium, etc. [Re: glimmi]
    #3132877 - 09/14/04 12:38 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: dried mycelium, etc. [Re: fastfred]
    #3132912 - 09/14/04 12:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry, fred, but the story is true.

THERE IS magic in pre-hyphal knot mycelium. I tested it myself (in vivo) plenty of times.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: dried mycelium, etc. [Re: Anno]
    #3132974 - 09/14/04 01:25 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The published literature on the subject would disagree with you...

JOURNAL OF FORENSIC SCIENCES
American Academy of Forensic Sciences (1948)
Volume 45 - Number 3 - May 2000 - JFSCAS 45 (3)513-754 (2000)
http://www.mushbox.com/PFtek/Pages/forensic.htm
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat-Number-489268-sb-7.html (with discussion)

I read the discussion, including yours, in the last link. I can assure you that the paper cited above does exist as does the "Minnesota Forensic Science Laboratory". Additionally I worked for one of the scientists mentioned in the paper, so I can assure you that he is real and that he is not given to sloppy science.

It's been my experience that mycelium does bruise blue before the hyphal knot stage, so I would tend to agree with you. However, the people who matter to the DEA and those who have actually analyzed samples say that there is no detectable psilo in the pre-hyphal knot stage. OTOH, the lower limit of detection on their GC/MS was approximately 0.1 mg/mL, so there could very well be extremely small amounts in the tissue.

There is another paper by Dr. David McLaughlin on the same issue, which also comes to the same conclusion. I can't seem to dig it up at the moment, but there are also other papers which reach the same conclusion.

So while my experience would tend to agree with you, the evidence states otherwise.

-FF

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

#3133185 - 09/14/04 04:10 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

From the '5000 doses' thing:
Quote:

Each 100 grams of dried mycelium should yield about 2 grams of extracted material. This should contain at least 500 mg of psilocybin/psilocin mixed

So right there the writer says that it has a 1/200 dry concentration (half a gram per 100 dry grams). So then live/wet mycelium, being around an assumed 90% water similar to other mushroom tissues like fruits, would have a 1/2000 concentration by weight. Which is 0.05% so yeah it may not have shown up on those tests. But I still think it's illegal because it contains more than "none". Also if this guys numbers for actives yield are already reduced by the loss in his extraction technique, then there's probably a bit more in it to begin with than what ther math above shows.

And so you could do extractions and the '5000' paper is true and interesting (but certainly it's not the fun way, nor the most productive).

And you'd have to eat a whole lot of it in other words to get any effect at all.

--------------------
Anywhere in this posting where I have referred to myself or my possessions, it is a personalization of events and items experienced or possessed by someone else.  I do not personally do anything illegal, and I hope nobody else does either.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3133205 - 09/14/04 04:26 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>So while my experience would tend to agree with you, the evidence states otherwise.

Then this "evidence" is obviously false. There is magic in mycelium, I don't need and don't want to argue about this.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3133207 - 09/14/04 04:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

As for the amounts, an orange juice extract from 200 g colonized rye will give you pretty noticable effects.

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

#3133238 - 09/14/04 04:56 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Colonized rye may well have more actives than that grown in liquid culture. Thus the 200g (wet I assume? and partially still rye grain I assume?) extraction in OJ should be believable. Especially since I know Anno wouldn't say something like that he didn't know for sure about. Was the OJ and pulp consumed, or just the liquid (strained)? I am not real familiar with extractions using OJ, but am familiar with the making of a "power drink" with powdered mushrooms and OJ where you drink the entire contents with no filtering.

EDIT: and someone should answer the original questions second part, about the spores germinating on PDY medium. I don't know much about that but I know FF knows about mediums (he wrote a guide, anyway!!)

--------------------
Anywhere in this posting where I have referred to myself or my possessions, it is a personalization of events and items experienced or possessed by someone else.  I do not personally do anything illegal, and I hope nobody else does either.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: dried mycelium, etc. [Re: Spudz76]
    #3133264 - 09/14/04 05:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>Thus the 200g (wet I assume? and partially still rye grain I assume?)

200 grams dry rye , 210 grams water in a quart jar with polyfill filter, sterilized for 1 hour in the pressure cooker, inoculated multispore with a syringe, grown a few days past visible full colonization(~14 days all in all), then the contents of the jar were shaken with around 500ml orange juice and strained thourgh a relatively wide strainer. Basically exactly what this tek says to do:
The Foolproof Psilocybe Cubensis Mycelial Culture Technique

>Was the OJ and pulp consumed or just the liquid (strained)?
Juice and pulp(mycelium).

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3133855 - 09/14/04 10:23 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>will spores injected directly into a potato, dextrose and yeast media propogate mycelium,

Yes. There are a couple problems you can run into though. Not sure if you are asking about a broth of agar. With agar it's easy to have the surface dry out a bit, especialy with a high gel strength. Usually the spor solution will rewet it, but sometimes it's not enough if you only use a bit of solution. Another problem is that sometimes the spores sit on top of the agar without germinating. You can fix that by using a spreader to imbed them into the agar.

Overall, using fresh media, you usually won't have any problems getting them to germinate.

-FF

OfflineAkiva_lysergic
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Newcastle, NSW, Aust
    #23027222 - 03/20/16 05:34 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_cultivation20.shtml

"[Erowid note: This guide is quite old and contains significant
inaccuracies. It is archived here for historical purposes.]

THE PSILOCYBIN PRODUCERS GUIDE
                                ------
            How to produce 5000 doses of organic psilocybin                 
                      in a small room every week                 
                                ------ 
                                  by
                              Adam Gottlieb

Feb 24, 2012: Ronin Pub has informed us that it is the sole copyright holder of this text and has demanded
we remove it from the site."

Any other places where we can view this?

Invisiblewoodrow
journeyman
Re: dried mycelium, etc. [Re: Akiva_lysergic]
    #23028703 - 03/21/16 03:10 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

As Anno said, “There is magic in mycelium.” but the magic may be strain dependent.

I have found that mycelia will often spread across the top of a perfectly still molasses or malt extract liquid culture and form a solid mat exactly as they do on MEA. It helps if the growth container has a large surface area and the depth of the liquid is no more than one cm deep. This is like growing a lc in a Petri dish or growing a kombucha scoby.
The mats can be removed and hung up to dry and a second or third mat will often form until the neuts are used up.

I don't recall what strain I was working with but the dried tissue was just as magic as the fruit and even better because the flavor was excellent. This tek is more trouble than it is worth and unforgiving about contams but it can be done.

OfflineGPryder
Stranger

Re: dried mycelium, etc. [Re: Akiva_lysergic]
    #23029897 - 03/21/16 01:08 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Akiva_lysergic said:
Any other places where we can view this?

http://www.lycaeum.org/~sputnik/Shrooms/shroom1.html

--------------------

Check out my first grow log. Completed successfully!
Experienced: Weed, LSD, Mushrooms, DOC, DXM, MDMA, DMT, 1P-LSD, AL-LAD, ALD-52, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-MiPT 4-ACO-DMT
Interested in: Ketamine, MDA. 

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: dried mycelium, etc. [Re: GPryder]
    #23034087 - 03/22/16 03:01 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

As others have said there are definitely alkaloids in the mycilial mass although I seriously question that 500mg/100g number as that is equal to if not even higher than your typical mushroom itself. More to the point however why would you not wait an additional 2 weeks to get actual mushrooms? There is nothing more 'stealthy' about growing mycilium than mushrooms, at all. You can fill a spawn bag with mycilium and comeb back in a month or two and it will grow mushrooms, it doesnt need light or even fae, though your yield will suffer without. There's nothing advanced about growing mushrooms under your bed in your parents house either, this is a topic that has been beaten to death.

Invisibleb1blazin
The Transcendent

Re: dried mycelium, etc. [Re: krypto2000]
    #23056762 - 03/28/16 08:55 PM (8 years, 20 days ago)

agreed as this is 11+ years old^ :whathesaid:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck