Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Skipping University
    #3132624 - 09/13/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

This is the second week of school for me this year and I have skipped three days (out of 7) already :blush: I missed lectures last Thursday because my alarm clock failed to ring and I woke up only at noon when everything was over. I didn't get myself together yesterday too because of the tiring weekend I had. And today I'm skipping in favour to cleaning my room which I otherwise can't find time for (and my room is a real mess, it's hard to work in at the moment).

I guess I suck as a student :frown: But I promise I'm going tomorrow and every day from then :laugh: Hope it's not going to bee too hard to catch up, even if it's biochemistry it's still the very beginning of the year and such... I just have to get used to all this after the summer.

How are You?

:heart:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePJDIDDLE
Female
Re: Skipping University *DELETED* [Re: ivi]
    #3132651 - 09/13/04 11:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Script

Reason for deletion: .

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Skipping University [Re: PJDIDDLE]
    #3132690 - 09/13/04 11:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm taking Computer Sciences, English, Introduction to Studies and Scientific Work, Inorganic and Analytic Chemistry, Biochemistry, General Biology, Sports, and Civil Defence or whatever it's called in english. Not that much, it's my first year :smile: That makes 8, i guess.

--------------------

Edited by ivi (09/14/04 12:02 AM)

OfflineStinky
Toaster ofPop-tarts

Re: Skipping University [Re: ivi]
    #3132812 - 09/14/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Wowee, you really don't want to get behind on those science classes. I know the exact feeling. Nothing is worse than getting up in the morning and walking to class when all you want to do is sleep.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #3132903 - 09/14/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, I mean I was going to say, "its ok, its just the first or second week" but after seeing the classes you're taking I say "fuck a clean room, git your ass to class"

Good luck. Study hard. HAVE FUN.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Skipping University [Re: Skikid16]
    #3133036 - 09/14/04 01:58 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:crazy:

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #3133041 - 09/14/04 02:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Its your first year in college?

I remember my first year, especially my first semester, I rarely skipped, but it became more and more frequent, until I failed 2 of 4 classes. That was a wake up call.

So much success in college, is just attending class. At my university, if you were a relatively smart person, you could get a C average by just attending class and never studying. On the otherhand, if you never went to class, you would study your ass off come test time.

Its early in the semester, you'll be fine. Just go to class today, and only miss class for good reasons from now on.

You'll be fine.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3133313 - 09/14/04 06:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

most of the time I go to all the lectures but like this afternoon I have one about statistics and I can better read the book than go there because it's just toooo boring :smirk:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3133441 - 09/14/04 08:00 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I skipped classes alot last year and did ok, sometimes start drinking early or something. Or we finished a huge blowout session and I was like: "hmmm borning lecture, or video games." This year I'm really making an effort to go to every class though, unless I have a better reason, after all, these classes are money. So I might as well go.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Skipping University [Re: gdman]
    #3133718 - 09/14/04 09:44 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

YEAH SKIPPING!

ive been back for like 4 days, and ive skipped like half my classes already.

Im at home right now and im supposed to be in class, but i called in sick this time cuz my back is fucked (not that fucked tho)

but like seriously at my university they have like welcome week or something right? so they set up this huge stage with giant speakers and a fucking beer tent, and have like a kick ass live rap concert, live music all week.

So im sitting there in philosophy class barely able to hear the teacher cuz the base is thumping outside the window and im like "what the fuck am i doing here? theres gonna be a lot more philosophy classes than live rap concerts this year"

so i waited till the teacher turned around and shafted out the door.

Seriously what do they expect? like why set up a concert if no one can listen to it cuz their in class?

thats how i justify it.

Plus i fell asleep at lunch and missed half of math and then i was like fuck it im not goin in late.

And then i skipped it cuz i hate it another time.

Oh well ill do juuust fine

almost time to smoke a medicinal bowl

last year i skipped like 30-40% of many of my classes and i got an A average and a 'student of distinction'

so attendance isnt nescessarily all its cracked up to be

but it sure helps

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Skipping University [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3133848 - 09/14/04 10:22 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

skipped today, just compleatly spaced on the time, when I realized what I had done, it was already like 20 minuets into class.. d'oh

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #3134002 - 09/14/04 11:05 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

So you attended 4/7 days?  Hmm, that's about my running average after three years at university! :tongue2:
(if you factor in my junior/senior year in high school that average attendance will drop to 3/7 classes)

Unless it's a class I can really vibe with, I never saw myself making use of the time spent walking to class, listening to the prof answer other people's questions, and prattle on about whatever it is they like to go on about.  That isn't to say all classes were like this, and that isn't to say I had the best habits in the first place, but I did find more enjoyment (at the time) not partaking actively in my classes.  Never failed one, though I did pull a few W grades (withdraws) when I knew that I wouldn't be able to easily salvage my standing before the quarter's end.

At any rate, I'm currently skipping out on (at least) 5 quarters since I realized that I really didn't want or need to be in college right now.  Having been through two quarters of absence now, I've come to realize that college was more than I was giving it credit for.. and upon my return, I wholeheartedly believe that I will be better motivated to attend my courses - specifically because all my general education is out of the way and I can concentrate on the courses that fuel my fire. :grin:

I'm sure some of my procrastastic nature will persevere however, seeing as I honestly have a hard time being efficient unless I'm working under pressure.. I end up thinking about how this doesn't need to be done right now, so why not make life more enjoyable by enjoying the outdoors, friends, some good music, a fine smoke, a smooth drink, or even great food. 

Anyways, I'm rambling - but I just wanted to remind everyone that you don't need to go to school if it's really not for you.  I see so many people these days jumping into college because they "feel it's the right thing to do" or they just don't know what else to do after they graduate high school.  I fell right into this mentality and it took me three years to finally realize that I'd prefer some time to myself outside the rhelm of formal education.  Just make sure you think long and hard about your position including the benefits as well as drawbacks of temporarily halting or discontinuing your education, but while you're at it, why not consider the benefits and drawbacks of staying in school? :smirk:

For me... I'm diggin' my own path! :heart:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Anonymous

#3134119 - 09/14/04 11:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm in my third year and just taking half time. I took full time my two freshman semesters and got burnt out on it bad. I attend class about 60% of the time, especially weeks before exams :wink: I'm still pulling a 3.8+ but it will probably take me 10 years to finish at this rate so I'm probably going to take a year or two off and come back when I have organized and restructured my lifestyle. Its becoming more apparent to me that university isn't worth shit, its who you know, so I may not go back if everything works in my favor

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3134146 - 09/14/04 11:55 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

that sucks

each semester I would go talk to my professors and see what the attendance requirements were. I thnik my Junior year I went to a total of 40 classes, if that...I just did the reading, came in for tests, and any required days.

I guess it depends on your classes and major

My Calc in 3d class, I talked the teacher into letting me take the final only...he agreed if I got an A he would accept it and if I got lower he would fail me..

just find out your requirements

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Skipping University [Re: geokills]
    #3134186 - 09/14/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"just wanted to remind everyone that you don't need to go to school if it's really not for you. I see so many people these days jumping into college because they "feel it's the right thing to do" or they just don't know what else to do after they graduate high school. I fell right into this mentality and it took me three years to finally realize that I'd prefer some time to myself outside the rhelm of formal education. Just make sure you think long and hard about your position including the benefits as well as drawbacks of temporarily halting or discontinuing your education. For me... I'm diggin' my own path!  "

Rock on man. one more year and im finally starting my real education. Peru (if the border war dies down) to visit the shamans and the floating reed island people, plus see the rainforest before they finish bulldozing it.

Then ill check out the Mexican ruins, and then probably india or japan to check out some meditation/martial arts instruction.

who knows i might fuck the whole gig and join a monastary for a few years!

:mushroom2: :grin:

Mushrooms. Meditation. Martial arts. Marijuana.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order