Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Scales, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDXMUser
Stranger
First time growing, in need of some advice
    #3132102 - 09/14/04 12:06 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

My plan: to buy some cubensis from the neighborhood grower and start growing my own by making sporeprints.

The bad news: growing them might be a little more suspicious than I'd hoped. Is it worth growing my own as compared to just coughing up $50/ounce?

What kind of special precautions should I take (as to not get caught, get infected shrooms, etc)? They'll probably be growing in my room.

Thanks for any advice!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: First time growing, in need of some advice [Re: DXMUser]
    #3132126 - 09/14/04 12:10 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Only do it if you think you'll really enjoy it and will be interested. At $50/oz, I doubt you have the trouble of not enough mushrooms.

If you're trying to keep it from parents, you're probably going to get caught unless you do invitro hidden in your sock drawer or something.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First time growing, in need of some advice [Re: DXMUser]
    #3132153 - 09/14/04 12:15 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Wow 50 bucks an ounce, pretty good deal. Could get costly, especially if your time is valuable to only grow them for yourself (as opposed to a large scale then selling them). Read up alot on the FAQs if you decide to do it but I think if you spend the money to do some PF cakes right to get an ounce you'll find you spent almost 50 bucks and a whole lot of time. I mean if your good you could do it for fairly cheep, 6 jars, some BRF, perilite, and a bin and some verm. Maybe like 20-30 bucks depending. Oh and spores, so thats another 9-18 bucks. Plus about 6-8 weeks of patience and hopefully you shall come off with an ounce or so, maybe a little more or less depending. Of course after that they'll be cheap to make. And if you really get into it you can speed up the process (liquid cultures ect) and/or increase your "operation".

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineDXMUser
Stranger
Re: First time growing, in need of some advice [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3132199 - 09/14/04 12:24 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well interest isn't a problem --- I think growing anything is great, I used to grow mantis root for my DMT cultivation until my mom asked what it was a pulled it out, still wondering how it got there.

My parents wouldn't get too suspicious if I was growing shrooms. I would probably use the 2-liter coke-bottle method, the hardest part will be making a sterile cake for them to grow on, and remembering to give them air twice a day (when I wake up and when I go to bed). I'm sure I could find somewhere to hide the atrium.

Anyway, I'll buy 1/8oz this week and later on buy 1/8 more so it'll be fresh for making a sporeprint. Thanks for the advice guys :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Scales, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation