Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 47. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms?
    #3130472 - 09/13/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Tripper's FAQ

47. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms?

Proof?

Links?

Discuss.

Help with the Tripper's FAQ.

Thanks

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: FAQ 21. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms? [Re: Rose]
    #3131244 - 09/13/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

My brother claims that he knows people who have gone permanently crazy from taking shrooms. However my brother is full of shit so I am inclined to not believe him.

OfflineHijinx_Spike
JourneyMan

#3131485 - 09/13/04 08:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Lead singer of Pink Floyd, but thats more of Mesciline, pcp, orlsd but same basic concept. It's like thinking your asleep and about to wake up and everything will look different. Just think if your in a shroom trip now and you wake up in a whole different universe on the come down...

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
    #3131650 - 09/13/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i have known that people who take large doses, or too many doses close together of pcp can have permanent effects. but when you never come back, whos to say where you really are?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: FAQ 21. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms? [Re: Hijinx_Spike]
    #3131942 - 09/13/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You mean syd barrett? (Not the lead singer?) Apparently acid was his drug of choice.. but he did mushrooms. Acid seems to be more likely to have a long term effect on the mind, for some people just a few times (namely with a pre existing mental condition, known or unknown). Just the same, some people can use it for a long time and be mentally healthy.

Shrooms can alter people's views of the world, it could change you for the rest of your life. but I rarely (if ever) hear of anyone stuck in a trip like state. Once in a while someone will say, "yeah, that guy did too many mushrooms in college." Yeah, shutup. You can't really do if often enough (as often as acid for instance) to be 'forever tripping'. Tolerance, etc.

HPPD is another thing. Mostly visual sensations after a while of heavy acid use.
1-5% according to http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/health/hppd/hppd_faq.shtml

I've heard claims of people who only did shrooms having this but no real studies or proof.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 21. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms? [Re: kontron]
    #3131975 - 09/13/04 09:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Can I trip and never come back on MUSHROOMS?

This is a MUSHROOM related question. Let's keep this topic specific.

Thanks for the input though...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
    #3132075 - 09/13/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe if you eat shrooms at a constant rate for maybe 3 hours straight. Too much of any psychoactive drug can shock the brain so horribly that it could lead to permanent psychosis. Brain trauma, it is a form of a head injury. Ussually happens when the brain is physically twisted in the skull. Too much drugs causes the chemicals in the brain to damage the nueron and send the wrong single to the receptor. The nueron recieves chemical info. and changes into another chemical single then sends it, by way of the axon, to the receptor which branches into other nuerons. So it forms like a web of nuerons and receptors. Unfortunately the nueron is damaged permanently from the overload of chemicals. So the brain reroutes the chemical single causing different perception. However minor amounts of chemicals recieved and sent dont permanetly damage them. They recooperate after a short time. This is where the dependency is built. I hope this makes sense to everyone.
Larger nuerons and receptors are on the outside of the cerebellum. They deal with motor skills. The smaller more compact of these two are in the gray matter near the center of the cerebellum. These deal with memories and emotions.
oops terminology is wrong so I changed it, been a while since I studied it.

Edited by AhHaHaHa (09/13/04 10:53 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3132120 - 09/13/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Evidence? Proof? Links?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineAhHaHaHa
    #3132146 - 09/13/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

My study of Biology and Anatomy in college. That is really all the proof I have. I will try to find some links for you.

This one might help in explaining how the brain works.
http://www.brainchannels.com/

Here is another that better explains.
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro98/202s98-paper1/Ebbitt.html

--------------------
So Im packing my bags for the mysty mountains where the spirits go.

Edited by AhHaHaHa (09/13/04 10:34 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 21. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms? [Re: AhHaHaHa]
    #3132271 - 09/13/04 10:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, it doesn't sound like you are spouting bullshit... but you see why I am looking for specific proof?

People need to know this stuff and trust their information.

Thanks for the links.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleTRS
The SneakyMastermind
    #3134035 - 09/14/04 11:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well, a few days ago i was talking to a guy at work about mushrooms.  now let me just say that i dont believe him one bit, although im still going to write what happened.  we had a conversation about mushrooms and he was trying to tell me how bad they are (full of strychnine (sp?) rotts your bones, stays in your body forever, blah blah blah) he really had ALOT of WRONG 'facts' about mushrooms.  anyway, he began telling me about a situation some 15 years ago.  he and i dont remember how many other buddies decided to trip.  they each had two cups worth of freshly picked mushrooms (mashed up in the cup).  one of the guys apparently said 'im not feeling anything and ive had more than you guys before so im taking some more' and proceeded to take an extra half cup of mushrooms.  after a bit he began saying that he didnt like the trip and he shouldnt have taken more.  so this guy apparently never came down.  the thing is he changed parts of the story here and there.  at first he said his friend was still in hospital because of mushrooms, then he said he never came down, then he said he would move really really slowly (making a smoking ciggarette gesture) and saying it would take the guy 20 mins to walk across a room.  another guy that works with us apperently knew this guy aswell.  when asked about him i was told that he never came down.  i asked the guy i first started the convo with how his trip went.  now im thinking that two cups of natures finest would put someone into ego loss for sure.  all he said was the he kept seeing skulls all over the place and yellow dots and stuff like that.  to further he non-credibility he then began telling me about how mushrooms grow in the wild.  the way it works is cow shit mixes with something in the ground to make a poison, and mushrooms grow from the poison.  i tried explaining a bit about the life cycle of a mushroom and even threw in something about growing them at home to which he didnt believe it could be done.  i know there are no facts here, nor will there be but i wanted to post about this anyway.  if you feel it has no place in this thread ill kindly delete it. 

ill also add that another guy chimed in with a few quoatable quotes :smile:

'arent mushrooms 95% arsenic?'
'this guy i know lost the front of his tongue from the acids in mushrooms'
'what do you think fungus is, its a poison'
'mushrooms are one of the easiest drugs to die from'
'one of my friends eats the stuff that mushrooms grow from, its like ten times better than mushrooms' <-- to which i replied 'the mycellium?' and he said 'what? the green stuff that grows on cow shit man'

i was actually laughing in their faces with some of the stuff they were saying.  oh yeah, and when asked how much i do mushrooms he thought that once every 1-2 months was alot and 'i dont look like someone that takes mushrooms' because i should be all hunched over and decaying and whatnot.  anyway, it was a funny ten minutes

OfflineAhHaHaHa
Re: FAQ 21. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms? [Re: TRS]
    #3134274 - 09/14/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, these guys are idiots dont listen to then. Shrooms affect chemicals in the brain like serotonin, etc. none of which have anything to do with your bones, posture. Deppression is a result of an imbalence of serotonin, that is probably why he was moving slow. Serotonin also effects energy level. Here is a website

http://www.smart-drugs.com/ias-5htp.htm

That guy there talking about, sounds like Ad to me. Even though you have to be pretty old to get it. Ussually comes down through genetics. Unless that guy had a shit load of crossed nuerons in his cortex, called plaques, then there is really no other way to get it. When these plaques are exposed to too much glucose it heightens the possibility of Ad. I emphasize possibility. Another website.

http://www.efmoody.com/longterm/diagnosis.html

Shrooms have no synthetic chemicals in them. They are all natural. The only acid any where near those shrooms is the stomach acid in the cow shit, which can not rot your brain, only give you a stomach ache and thats if you drink a glass full.

--------------------

Edited by AhHaHaHa (09/14/04 12:54 PM)

OfflineHijinx_Spike
JourneyMan

Re: FAQ 21. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3134585 - 09/14/04 01:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

elgr said:
You mean syd barrett? (Not the lead singer?)

"The More You Know!"

He was the bass player, and was the lead singer.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: FAQ 21. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms? [Re: Hijinx_Spike]
    #3134888 - 09/14/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've heard of shrooms triggering Schizophrenia that was lying dorment in people. Thats genetics though.

OfflineAhHaHaHa
Re: FAQ 21. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms? [Re: vc77]
    #3135017 - 09/14/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Parkinsons also. Dopamine is another chemical affected by shrooms.
http://www.parkinsons.org.nz/about_parkinsons.html

Dont think I am saying you shouldnt eat shrooms. I love them.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3136620 - 09/14/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

What is the likelyhood of tripping and never coming back on shrooms?

Any articles stating someone tripped on shrooms and never came back... any proof?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineWolfe3001
journeyman

Loc: Calgary
    #3139482 - 09/15/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know, but I know for a fact that it CAN happen on acid, so it's possible on shrooms I suppose.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3139946 - 09/15/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Like any other kind of "trip" (ie. a trip to japan..), you end up going HOME but you never really leave behind the experience that your senses and mind recorded.

If somebody meets their childhood idol or gets mugged one night in the streets, that experience stays with them forever. They are not perpetually going to get mugged or perpetually meet their hero though...

You can take the tourist out of Japan and bring him back home, but you can't take the Japan back out of the tourist.

Hopefully that expresses my thoughts on this issue.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ�...
Re: FAQ 21. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms? [Re: Wolfe3001]
    #3140027 - 09/15/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Wolfe3001 said:
I don't know, but I know for a fact that it CAN happen on acid, so it's possible on shrooms I suppose.

BULLSHIT!!!
Gimme some evidence, and don't tell me your mothers brother had a friend who thought he was a glass of O.J.

Read Strumpling's post.

HPPD is the only condition known to be brought on by the consumption of psychedelics, which means all psychedelics, not just acid, and apparently you need to have a pre-existing psychological condition for this to occur.

i.e.
If your family has a history of schizophrenia, and your eventually going to get schizophrenia, then psychedelics can bring on the symptoms much sooner.
That's all

Get your facts straight. :smirk:

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Edited by TeKn0 (09/15/04 06:13 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: FAQ 21. Can I trip and never come back on mushrooms? [Re: TeKn0]
    #3140158 - 09/15/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"BULLSHIT!!!
Gimme some evidence, and don't tell me your mothers brother had a friend who thought he was a glass of O.J."

A co-worker of mine at an old job spent two years in a mental institution. He claims this was because he went on an acid binge and just couldn't seem to come back down.... I dunno though from what I've learned from his family he's been pretty nutty his whole life :laugh:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order