Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: HAPPY REDNECK HILLBILLY MILTIA DAY!!! [Re: 1stimer]
    #3134883 - 09/14/04 05:00 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

What were your sources on that?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#3134918 - 09/14/04 05:06 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Why so nosy?

because to be frank i don't think you were ever in the military.

In the 24 states with no gun-control laws in 1990, there were 24.4 gun related deaths per 100,000. In the 26 states with gun-control laws, there were 19.6 gun-related deaths per 100,000 persons.

huh?

first of all, every state has gun control laws, so i don't have any idea what those statistics are talking about.

second of all, we're talking about homocides commited by people using assault weapons as defined by the 1994 ban, not all "gun-related" deaths.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: HAPPY REDNECK HILLBILLY MILTIA DAY!!! [Re: Xlea321]
    #3134981 - 09/14/04 05:19 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

And what do you do when you run out of ammo?

This.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (09/14/04 05:30 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#3135014 - 09/14/04 05:26 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

There's the trouble of the people going berserk and slaughtering people if they have access to automatic rifles too.

Yes. And people only kill other people with guns right?

87 killed with gasoline.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: HAPPY REDNECK HILLBILLY MILTIA DAY!!! [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3135049 - 09/14/04 05:37 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
im not anti gun i just dont trust gun freaks with all types of weaponary... there needs to be limits..

I agree. Nobody(including the government) should have nukes or chemical weapons. However, the so-called "assault weapons" mentioned in this thread are well within reason.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Anonymous

Re: HAPPY REDNECK HILLBILLY MILTIA DAY!!! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3135057 - 09/14/04 05:39 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

87 killed with gasoline.

wow. i am unaware of anyone ever killing anything close to 87 people in a shooting spree.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: HAPPY REDNECK HILLBILLY MILTIA DAY!!! [Re: ]
    #3135084 - 09/14/04 05:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

It certainly dwarfs the Columbine number.

--------------------

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Loc: SOUTHLAND
    #3135633 - 09/14/04 07:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

"And what do you do when you run out of ammo? Walk into the nearest shop and buy some more? What if the government ban the sale of ammo?"

well i haven't bought ammo in about 6 years. some of us dumb ass rednecks understand ballistics and load our own ammo. i myself load .222, .45acp, 12ga, 20ga, 7.62x54, and 7.62x39 for my AK.
yes thats right i have an AK. its got all the bells and whistles too. krinkov flash hider, bipod, pistol grip, 75 round drum, scope, and a few extras i threw in.
i got this 5 years ago durring the so-called ban. i bought it legally and from maryland one of the most gun restictive states in the union.

--------------------
If it wasn't for this damned insomnia, Id have more pot when i woke up. :mad:

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #3136036 - 09/14/04 09:28 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

mushmaster,
what kind of limits do you support?

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3136396 - 09/14/04 10:43 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I'm so happy that a bunch of guys with small penises and huge egos can now again buy mahcine guns. What an amazing day, I'm sure the NRA is happy that the public can buy automatic guns again. I feel so much safer from terrorism knowing that Billy-Bob down the street is packing an AK. I think we should lift the ban on personal nuclear weapons, rpgs and mortar rounds. Lets just all have arsenals, because thats what this country is all about right?

And I'm so happy they let laws be passed on the backs of a massive mis-information campaign waged by national media outlets.

Don't believe the liberal media bias?  Look into gun laws.  The mass media feeds the public lies about guns, about gun laws, about the contents of new gun legislation, and about the results of those laws being passed.  The mass media LOVES stirring up FEAR AND HATRED of firearms, because that means all they need to do to cover the "shock" aspect of the news is cover gun violence.

Quote:

Ok, so here's where we have an issue, according to the 2nd amendment:

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"

who has the right, people, or a well regulated militia? I know you say people ARE the militia, but people aren't always well regulated, do you see what I'm getting at?

It's simple.

A well regulated milita is neccessary to the security of a free state.
Being neccessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

If the 2nd Amendment was about a well-regulated militia being armed, it would have been worded:

A well regulated milita, being neccessary to the security of a free state, the right of the milita to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The arms of the militia are the arms that the members bring from their private homes, that they privately owned, kept, and maintained.

Quote:

but i am also smart to realize everyone packing arsenals is ridiculous..

Why?  Whatever do you mean?
Oh I see.  You have an issue with idiots and criminals that have guns.

Solution?  It's an ugly one.  TEACH YOUR CHILDREN TO BE GOOD PEOPLE, TO BE DECENT, THINKING PEOPLE, AND THEY WON'T BE IDIOTS OR CRIMINALS.

Such a solution is abhorrant to the Left.  It involves individuals taking control of their, and their children's, development and lives.. and there's nothing the Left enjoys more than telling us how we should teach our children. 

BEAT YOUR KIDS! :crazy2:

Quote:

The only way the 2nd amendment will protect us from a corrupt government is if we are allowed to possess nuclear bombs and f-16s. 

I am neither fan nor supporter of it, but there's a lot to be said for the Lone Nut With A Gun.
How many Presidents have been assassinated, how many leaders?  How much has that changed the course of history?  Imagine it it was organized?

Yes, in the event the entirety of the government is corrupt and must go, the entirety of the government  will go.  Don't be afeared.

"Since gun laws were tightened up in the UK we havn't had a single mass slaughter. "

Unless you count soccer riots, right?  And how about all those stabbings I keep hearing of -- you know, with ice picks that go straight through bullet-proof vests?

Quote:

i don't know where you're from exactly, but i can tell you as a pennsylvanian that there are still quite a few places in this country where a rifle is an important tool in most households.

Holy shit you're from PA too?

This state's got a VERY, very strong background with firearms.  Well, primarily the center of the state..  I'd like to disown Philadelphia honestly, but the cheese steaks are enough to hang on to it.  Plus I wouldn't with New Jersey on anyone.

Quote:

sheesh. debating anti-gun people is almost as bad as debating anti-drug people. 

No.. it's worse.  I've never heard an anti-gun advocate fall back on the "it's illegal because well.. it's illegal" line of argument.  They always have some other grandiose moral obligation that they feel they're fulfilling by taking guns out of the hands of decent people.

No one has yet given a single reason that cosmetic features should be the basis for gun legislation, which is all the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban covered.

PS - An Assault Weapon actually has a selectable rate of fire.  The entire bill, including the name, was just sensationalist drivel.

OfflineSlackerKM
Unusual suspect

#3137056 - 09/15/04 01:15 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

1stimer said:
Quote:

A highly overlooked fact. In fact, they'd be much more effective weapons for waging a revolution than for mugging someone on the street, which is probably why the government is so afraid of them.

You are living in neacon lala land.  The only way the 2nd amendment will protect us from a corrupt government is if we are allowed to possess nuclear bombs and f-16s.

Alright smart guy. Why don't you take a trip over to Iraq and tell the rebels that they're not supposed to be able to resist the full might of the U.S. military without F-16s and nuclear bombs. I'm sure then they'll stop killing our troops, slaughtering scores of police officers with crude explosives and taking over entire cities.  :smirk:

--------------------

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: HAPPY REDNECK HILLBILLY MILTIA DAY!!! [Re: SlackerKM]
    #3137234 - 09/15/04 02:16 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Alright smart guy. Why don't you take a trip over to Iraq and tell the rebels that they're not supposed to be able to resist the full might of the U.S. military without F-16s and nuclear bombs

No-one is saying you can't launch an insurection. What we're questioning is whether it makes any difference if Aunt Mabel has an automatic rifle.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3137241 - 09/15/04 02:18 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

One question mush, if the general population having guns prevents tyranny, why did Saddam have power in Iraq where most households have guns?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: HAPPY REDNECK HILLBILLY MILTIA DAY!!! [Re: Gijith]
    #3138259 - 09/15/04 12:35 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

mushmaster,
what kind of limits do you support?

on guns?

children, people with a history of violent crime or mental illness, and people known to be addicted to 'hard' drugs should not be permitted to own firearms.

fully-automatic weapons, ammunition with greater muzzle energy than 14,000 foot-pounds, and explosive or incendiary ammunition, should not be permitted.

Anonymous

#3138326 - 09/15/04 12:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

One question mush, if the general population having guns prevents tyranny...

it doesn't necessarily prevent tyranny. it helps though.

there are numerous scenarios in which private citizens might engage in military-style combat. you're only addressing only one here. sure, armed citizens probably have only a small chance against a materially superior, unified, steadfast government military.

but there are many scenarios other than me and luvdemshrooms taking on the navy SEALS.

what about armed citizens joining up with regular military units to repel an invader?

how about armed citizens joining up with an invading liberator against a domestic tyranny?

how about armed citizens joining up with defecting regular military units in a civil-war scenario?

armed citizens defending and policing themselves after a temporary collapse of government authority in a given area, perhaps as the result of a terrorist attack, natural disaster, or economic collapse?

armed citizens fighting against a fading and unpopular government power?

you're assuming that the only possible scenario for civil warfare in a country is a few armed citizens against a strong, popular, unified, and resolute government, but that's not the only scenario, nor even a common one. warfare is usually more along the lines of the scenarios i described above, scenarios in which citizen soldiers with military-style rifles could certainly exert meaningful affect.

Edited by mushmaster (09/15/04 01:13 PM)

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: HAPPY REDNECK HILLBILLY MILTIA DAY!!! [Re: Skikid16]
    #3139050 - 09/15/04 04:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Skikid16 said:
I understand that it is not about hunting, its the right to bear arms. Now which arms should you have a right to bear, well, that's up for debate.

Sure it's up for debate! The constitution is a ever-changing thing. Thats why they wrote "shall not be infringed". To show the state of flux *rolls eyes*

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3139199 - 09/15/04 04:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
the right wants abortion illegal and machine guns legal ...so when all the unwanted babies grow up to be thugs and criminals, theyll have guns to kill them with.

'

The left wants to allow unborn children to be executed, but not convicted killers. Really twisted shit huh?

It's hard to imagine, and I write this in reply to all of your posts on this subject, how you could start a thread based on such ignorance of the laws and the issues at hand, and still have the balls to come back in and try to make a point. Your initial post about the, lets see what was it, ah yes, the "MILTIA"'s, was so filled with inaccuracies and left-wing horseshit that I didn't even bother to read it, figuring that anyone with half a brain would have already debunked the subject. Why are you still here? Shouldn't you make a post saying "Wow, I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about, I'll sit here quietly and get educated" long ago?

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3139218 - 09/15/04 04:59 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
oh and i like it when they say they want those machine guns for "sport shooting" :lol: i have visions of fucktards drinking pabst and blowing away watermelons "for sport". or maybe cletus and wilbur squirel hunting with uzis

Oh ok, so you think that "sport shooting" is something done by rednecks and other socially "useless" people? Lets see how this progresses..

Post  #3132196
Quote:

hahaha riiiiight...a lot of us on the left love our guns...we just dont love em in the sick twisted weird way the right does.... im a proud pistol owner, but i am also smart to realize everyone packing arsenals is ridiculous.. i dont have to be a badass with 100000 guns. and for home defense?? these fucking gun tards dont even realize handguns arent the best for home defense. they actually get a chance to kill a robber and shoot their kids or neighbors through walls.....real men know a shotty is the safest gun for your home defense

So you admit that you own a pistol, but not for defense. You also say that you have a shotgun. You ALSO are saying that you are an expert(or damn near) about firearms. Now, why would such a proficient firearms afficiando hunt with his pistol? Hunting with a pistol isn't really the most effective way of doing something, as a "Real man" would know. So, if you don't use it for defense, you don't hunt with it, why do you own a pistol? Could it be

SPORT SHOOTING PURPOSES?

I'd love to sit here and make fun of your ignorance some more, but I'll let the other members do it instead.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: HAPPY REDNECK HILLBILLY MILTIA DAY!!! [Re: retread]
    #3139230 - 09/15/04 05:03 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

its not that i think all sport shooting is redneck hillbilly crap...but i have visions of rednecks with newly legalized aks shooting shit for the hell of it.....oh and i do use my pistol for sport at a range

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3139311 - 09/15/04 05:26 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

So Jethro using his legal AK for the hell of it is different than your sport shooting at a range? I see. Fair and balanced, just like we've all come to expect from KOTT.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Political Discussion