Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
9/11: the worst of both worlds?
    #3128914 - 09/13/04 10:21 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If you believe the official version of the 9/11 attacks, and the only reaction you can express toward alternative hypotheses is flaming, just don't read on. Thanks.

There seems to be quite a debate among 'conspirationists' about whether the Bush administration planned the attacks or merely let them happen. My opinion is that it's a bit of both.

Follow my speculation for a while.
Attacks seem to be planned and prevented just about all the time, be they more or less spectacular. It seems obvious therefore, that if someone in power needed an attack to happen for matters of foreign and domestic policy, there would be no need to contrive one from zero. The only imperative would be to pick a promising plan of attack among those the FBI is currently spying on, and make sure it succeeds.

So what I'm saying is Bin Laden really planned 9/11. Was he ordered to do so? Did he know the FBI knew and would let it happen? Why bother? He planned the attacks. All the FBI had to do was to understand what was being planned and fill in the blanks. Maybe even take the whole thing one step further.
I've read (but not researched thoroughly) that Mohammed Atta had written a will, in which he states what should be done with his body after his death. Could it be that he didn't know his body would be vaporized (unlike his passport), and that a very different kind of suicide attack was planned, where some planes would be hijacked, but which would turn out very differently? Maybe once the intelligence people heard about the hijacking plans, the idea to make the planes crash into landmark buildings came from them? And once the planes were hijacked, the terrorists didn't control anything anymore. Everything was done to ensure a spectacular outcome, and destroy some strategic targets amidst the confusion (WTC 7). Maybe something went wrong with one of the planes, and they had to activate plan B, a missile, to hit the Pentagon. You get the picture.

What I'm saying is that in most conflict situations, the opposition is not what is seems. It's not about the two parties involved, the real struggle is between escalation and pacification. In Israel and Palestine, for instance, the Israeli (secular and religious) right (and a part of the 'left') needs Hamas, Jihad and Hizbollah, and vice versa. What they're after, what justifies their existence, is the need of confrontation and escalation. They don't want to solve the conflict, they want to fight, because they need conflict for a host of reasons.
Same with Bush/Bin Laden, they're after the same thing, confrontation. They had the same goals on 9/11. Is it really unimaginable, then, that they could have worked together (with Bin Laden either knowing it or not, doesn't matter) to bring about the desired clash? For the neocons, there were almost only advantages: it was very easy to prove the attack came from Bin Laden, because it did, and they could push their agenda as planned. Only a few details were wrong: if they had had the choice, they would have sent in Iraqis instead of Saudis, no questions would have been asked. And there was no real need to plant so much evidence linking Atta and friends to the attacks (like his passport on top of the smoking WTC rubble, his strange alleged visit to Johnelle Bryant, and some other oddities). They clearly overdid that part.

All right, this is all speculation, but as far as alternative theories go, I think there's worse than this one. Comments?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: 9/11: the worst of both worlds? [Re: Aldous]
    #3130139 - 09/13/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

In Israel and Palestine, for instance, the Israeli (secular and
religious) right (and a part of the 'left') needs Hamas, Jihad and
Hizbollah, and vice versa. What they're after, what justifies their
existence, is the need of confrontation and escalation. They don't
want to solve the conflict, they want to fight, because they need
conflict for a host of reasons.

??? Israel spends a huge amount of its governmental budget on
self-defense(which is a drain on resources). The Israeli public
is, I am sure, frightened to death about being killed in terrorist
bombings. I don't think the Israelis want the conflict that they
find themselves in. It doesn't justify their existences. It is just
something that they have to deal with.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3130435 - 09/13/04 04:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I won't flame but I have to ask, if you were President, would you as a person deliberately allow 911 to happen, or plan and ok it? Do you think anyone you know would do such a thing?
If not, why would assume someone whom you have never met would be capable of such an awful and inhuman thing?

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: 9/11: the worst of both worlds? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3130457 - 09/13/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

??? Israel spends a huge amount of its governmental budget on
self-defense(which is a drain on resources). The Israeli public
is, I am sure, frightened to death about being killed in terrorist
bombings. I don't think the Israelis want the conflict that they
find themselves in. It doesn't justify their existences. It is just
something that they have to deal with.

??? Israel spends a huge amount of its governmental budget on illegal settlements (which is against a U.N. resolution). The Palestinian public is, I am sure, frightened to death about being killed in Apache-spear headed terrorist bombings. I don't think the Palestinians want the conflict that they find themselves in. It doesn't justify their existence, it is just something they have to deal with.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: 9/11: the worst of both worlds? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3130473 - 09/13/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

>> why would assume someone whom you have never met would be capable of such an awful and inhuman thing?

for the same reason that hitler torched the reichstag...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3130779 - 09/13/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well first Bush and Hitler are nothing alike. Last time I checked Bush wasn't running on a campaign of invading neighboring countries, blaming all the nations problems on Jews and having them exterminated in camps and has not resorted to martial law.

Secondly, there weren't 3,000 innocent civilians, including his own personal freinds, in the Reichstag. Also the economic impact of burning one building was nowhere near what 911 caused. Would a president really willfully kill not only his own citizens, but destroy the economy and seriously endanger chances of re-election in order to take away people's rights for no reason at all?

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #3130811 - 09/13/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Last time I checked Bush wasn't running on a campaign of invading neighboring countries,

No, in fact he ran on the platform of no nation building, but then, well, you know.......

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3131121 - 09/13/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
I won?t flame but I have to ask, if you were President, would you as a person deliberately allow 911 to happen, or plan and ok it? Do you think anyone you know would do such a thing?
If not, why would assume someone whom you have never met would be capable of such an awful and inhuman thing?

Why can?t you imagine that the government would do something like this? They blew off Kenedy?s head in broad daylight.

9-11 was the BEST thing that happened to Bush. Even you should agree with that. On the 10th, he was a moron. On the 12th he was a genius. 9-11 allowed him to attack Iraq and it?s helping him manipulate a scared shitless public.

Why wouldn?t he do it?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3131156 - 09/13/04 07:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Well first Bush and Hitler are nothing alike. Last time I checked Bush wasn't running on a campaign of invading neighboring countries, blaming all the nations problems on Jews and having them exterminated in camps and has not resorted to martial law.

No, instead he invades countries far away, blames the nation's problems on his predecessor, and has American citizens spied upon and held without trial or due process.

Quote:

Secondly, there weren't 3,000 innocent civilians, including his own personal freinds, in the Reichstag. Also the economic impact of burning one building was nowhere near what 911 caused. Would a president really willfully kill not only his own citizens, but destroy the economy and seriously endanger chances of re-election in order to take away people's rights for no reason at all?

If you think 9/11 hurt president Bush's chances of re-election, I'd suggest getting your head examined. 9/11 is probably the only reason why he even stands a chance of re-election. As for the economy, Bush's spending habits are a clear indicator that he doesn't give a damn about the economy. Also, he has plenty of incentive for taking people's rights away, but it all boils down to power. The fewer the rights of the citizens, the more powerful the government becomes. The Patriot Act is a major stepping stone towards tyranny.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3131559 - 09/13/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I agree of many of Bush's policies and I would absolutely never allow 3,000 of my fellow citizens to be blown to bits nor do I want a dictatorship. If I can support those policies without some kind of malicious intention, why should I believe Bush is any different?

I can and have argued endlessly why Bush would not have rational motive to allow such a thing to happen, but all I am asking here is why assume his unhumanity? Why assume that he would be capable of horrible things you yourself never could do?
It is true that some people like Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and Osama Bin Laden, are capable of despicable things, but in every instance the motives, circumstances, personalities, background and beliefs of every one of these people are completely different than Bush's. I see absolutely no reason to lump our President in with that rare group of truly evil people. And only a truly evil and inhuman person could allow or support 911 for any reason.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#3131601 - 09/13/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Why assume that he would be capable of horrible things you yourself never could do?

Preservation of power.

I don't know what its like to be the most powerful man in the world, but I've heard its addicting.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: 9/11: the worst of both worlds? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3131638 - 09/13/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Also, he has plenty of incentive for taking people's rights away, but it all boils down to power. The fewer the rights of the citizens, the more powerful the government becomes. The Patriot Act is a major stepping stone towards tyranny.

In other words, Bush is about big government.

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Re: 9/11: the worst of both worlds? [Re: Zahid]
    #3131652 - 09/13/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

In other words, Bush is about big government.

You know, I've been debating that for a while, I mean if you look at his record, then yes, he is big government, but honestly, he's so big government, its almost like he's trying to bankrupt the government once and for all, which would make him the ultimate small government.

But hey, like I've said many times, I'm a retard.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: 9/11: the worst of both worlds? [Re: Skikid16]
    #3131673 - 09/13/04 08:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It's the American people he's bankrupting, not the government.

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#3131682 - 09/13/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

which will eventually bankrupt the government, once foreign investors pull their money out.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3131711 - 09/13/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

In case you hadn't noticed, the government runs its own counterfeiting ring(the Federal Reserve).

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#3131726 - 09/13/04 08:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Which much of the value is still based upon international perception of our dollars worth, which will sharpely decrease once foreign investors start hounding for some returns on their "investments".

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3131741 - 09/13/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I see your point, but I'm not sure that causing the destruction of the United States is exactly what I'd consider to be for "small government," though I can see how it could be interpreted that way.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3131766 - 09/13/04 09:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

What if the U.S. government crumbled like the Soviet Union? And the country's 6 million _____ takes power and imposes _____ Law on all of the United States and declares a ________ against__________?????

What would you do??

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#3131804 - 09/13/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i hear you, and as I said, I've been debating it myself, and I know its very unlikely, but you never know with these damn neocons.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom