Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it fit
    #3128759 - 09/13/04 08:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Im not sure what to think of it. Some things come to mind about it being a survival instinct/feeling for the individual. Sort of like baby spiders eating eachother :sun:. But other times it doesnt seem so clear. Like loosing affection from someone. Maybe this can be tied into survival somehow, with a chain or reactions loosing something valuable because of the loss of affection, eg: sharing food.

Eg: Picture your jealous hating caveman ancestor whatching the other caveman eating a nice big juicy piece of deer. Then going out for a nice stroll in the woods, all the while the other caveman is waiting behind the bush to give a good clubing towards his turned back.

This behavior garantees the reproduction of the jealous caveman, and the nice caveman genes are forever lost.

Basicly I think because of all the advantages of backstabbing & other things like stealing, with it giving such increadible reward to the individual, we've ended up over time breeding hate. I think this is a probable cause of a big chunk of the worlds problems if not all, not just jealousy ofcourse. As we're getting out of the cut-throat surival world into the modern world we have so many left over feelings/instincts that we have little or no use for.

People always seem to be pushing that nature cant be wrong "evil". That nature only devises things for its survival. How can this be true if what its end production produces destruction of everything else? (atleast in our current state) and giving an easier probability of extinguishing all life. Why does nature produce Lions which kill the cubs of other offspring to produce its own?. Wouldnt it be better for the species if all Lions where having an orgy at all times?. Sure the population would peak and starve but wouldnt it be always a better option than fighting over territory and mating partners?.

Does life always produces a balance?. IMHO this is incorrect. I think we are a not-well thought out experiment (who and what thought? :confused:) along with everything else on the planet that can go downhill at any time till theres nothing left from what ppl comonly understand as life if we arent carefull, and that goes for the rest of nature on its own.

Comments?.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it fit [Re: bandaid]
    #3128765 - 09/13/04 08:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think jealousy fulfills any positive or useful purpose. I believe it was added to us as a result of DNA modification by alien genetic engineers for the purpose of further control over us. I'm not making this up either.

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it fit [Re: ]
    #3128769 - 09/13/04 08:22 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

uhhh :wink: maybe you could expand on why you think this?

Anonymous

#3128826 - 09/13/04 09:13 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

OK. You were probably hoping for a philosophical discussion on this, but I'm going to explain it in a spiritual sense.

In our world of duality, there are two types of actions. One which manifests inward towards oneself, and one which manifests outwards towards all. The first action serves only self, while the latter serves all, including self and otherselves. Our world, that is, the planet and dimension in which we're incarnated, is focussed upon the first type. Our survival is dependent upon serving oneself. There exist other worlds where one's survival is dependent upon serving all. The type of world you inhabit is dependent upon your DNA. Or I should say, your reality is dependent on your DNA. DNA acts as a semiconductor for the electric fields of the universe. The 'program' you experience as an entity depends on the properties of your DNA. This includes your level of consciousness, perception of time, and types of emotions. Thus your experience of reality will have sub-routines, if you will, different from other living creatures. You body will allow only certain frequencies and data to plug into it, depending upon the configuration of your DNA.

Now, getting to my point (and there is a point :wink:). There is a possibility, no matter how small, that the human race was genetically engineered, perhaps from a similar race or a more primitive one, by another species more intelligent than ourselves. There is yet another possibility that our race (via our DNA) has been 'tinkered with' by more than one intelligent species. If at some point one of those other species intended to use us towards some end, like we use animals for meat and other products, then it would probably be their intention to exert some sort of control over us. Rather than keeping us in pens they could have just altered our DNA slightly to keep us focussed on oneself and chasing rainbows. This could include the addition of emotions used to keep us entangled in our own egos and fighting amongst each other. This has successfully kept the human race oblivious to tyranny for many generations.

Jealousy, and by relation envy, is a means of control as its sole purpose is desire for oneself. The emotion of jealousy can only manifest in a self-serving world (as described above). So, whether jealousy "serves a purpose" is subjective, depending upon what your intentions are, and what type of world you wish to be living in.

Of course, this is all just a crazy theory and should be ignored.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3128828 - 09/13/04 09:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Jealousy serves to protect our genes by preserving monogamy.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Anonymous

Re: Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it fit [Re: silversoul7]
    #3128840 - 09/13/04 09:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

If by 'protect' you been propogate, then a person would protect one's genes by spreading them with as many sexual partners as possible to ensure 'fruitfulness.' Monogamy does the opposite. It goes against our instinct to ensure gene propogation. Thus jealousy serves no purpose in that department.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3129143 - 09/13/04 11:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Jealousy is a sign of emotional insecurity in a relationship. You could have the most beautiful woman in the world as your girlfriend or you wife and guys could be hitting up on her all the time but it would not bother you if you felt secure in your relationship.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it fit [Re: silversoul7]
    #3129444 - 09/13/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Whether thats true or not your only limiting it to 1 deparment and theres many, jealousy isnt only related to reproduction.

I remember this story about a maid in mexico on the news. She burned her owners house and tried to open their safe but failed. When she was caught she admited she was motivated by jealousy. Can you tie in how this helped her reproduction?, just a joke question :tongue2:.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it fit [Re: ]
    #3129671 - 09/13/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I wanted to comment on the DNA tinkering max talked about.

All to often when this topic comes up, it is implied or interpreted to mean that we have been messed with by outside sources for mallevolant purposes.

I want to put it out there for consideration that these intelligent beings can be benevolent ET aspects of our own selves who tinkered with the DNA of the human form because we wanted a form to inhabit where we could go deeper into forgetfullness and density. By doing this we could then bring more love light energy into richly physical densities to have profound experiences of spirit and self realization through re-membering to experience ourselves in.

Please consider this and see the benefet of spreading this knowledge around when the topic of evil ET's messing with DNA comes up.

Max, I realise you were neutral about it! That's the only time I have seen it brought up in a neutral manor.

Humans sure love having things to fear and blame and feeling powerless don't they?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3130015 - 09/13/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Jealousy and envy are not the same thing. Do not confuse the two.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #3130055 - 09/13/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

jealousy can be alchemically transmuted into positive energy

ie- you can use it to inspire yourself to be a better person that deserves (and gets) more out of life.

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#3130452 - 09/13/04 04:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I actualy looked up the definitions of both before I made this post and think they can be used in the same context. Not to be picky but heres the definition.

jeal?ous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jls)
adj.
Fearful or wary of being supplanted; apprehensive of losing affection or position.

Resentful or bitter in rivalry; envious: jealous of the success of others.
Inclined to suspect rivalry.
Having to do with or arising from feelings of envy, apprehension, or bitterness: jealous thoughts.
Vigilant in guarding something: We are jealous of our good name.
Intolerant of disloyalty or infidelity; autocratic: a jealous God.

en?vy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nv)
n. pl. en?vies

A feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another.
The object of such feeling: Their new pool made them the envy of their neighbors.
Obsolete. Malevolence.

Edited by bandaid (09/13/04 04:42 PM)

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it [Re: bandaid]
    #3130495 - 09/13/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Jealousy is a reaction that can lead to healthy or unhealthy behavior behaviour.

It exsists because it works to make people be able to pass on thier gene. It has been successful, so it passed on.

It can be bad: jealous over dumb things
or be healthy: jealous because he/she really cheated or flirted

Either way, it ensures the passing of the gene, whether the behavior is considerred healthy or not.

--------------------
Agent 727

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it fit [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3130584 - 09/13/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Couldnt that be looked at as more of a shift on what to concentrate on? (just a distraction), like moving from one room to the next instead of an actual conversion where theres no jealousy to ever be revisited.

I guess you could look at it in the same manner, just a difference in perspective, feel free to give a more specific example cuz Im not clueing in on your example.

Anonymous

Re: Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it [Re: MAGnum]
    #3131163 - 09/13/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

As I explained above, jealousy is antithetical to gene propogation. And I don't think jealousy is healthy in any way, unless you consider selfishness healthy -- which is subjective.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it [Re: ]
    #3131255 - 09/13/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Jealousy, in the context of a society with limited resources, is VERY useful and healthy and beneficial towards one's own survival.
It's offset by benevolence.

Let's say we're all sitting around and I walk up with a dead deer. I'll eat it first obviously, and give of it accordingly -- first to those who I appreciate, and then to those I tolerate, and last to those I do not like. Jealousy drives me to guard the meat from those lower on the ladder until I deem it time for them to eat.

Thus the most successful at survival are able to provide for themselves and others that they appreciate. It helps to weed out unwanted characteristics, establish heirarchy, and blah blah blah.

Basically if it weren't for jealousy and possessiveness, that hunter that got that deer might just sit by while ravenous slackers feast upon it. Because he is jealous of his sustinence, he will guard it from them.

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it fit [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3132739 - 09/14/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
I wanted to comment on the DNA tinkering max talked about.

All to often when this topic comes up, it is implied or interpreted to mean that we have been messed with by outside sources for mallevolant purposes.

I want to put it out there for consideration that these intelligent beings can be benevolent ET aspects of our own selves who tinkered with the DNA of the human form because we wanted a form to inhabit where we could go deeper into forgetfullness and density. By doing this we could then bring more love light energy into richly physical densities to have profound experiences of spirit and self realization through re-membering to experience ourselves in.

Please consider this and see the benefet of spreading this knowledge around when the topic of evil ET's messing with DNA comes up.

Max, I realise you were neutral about it! That's the only time I have seen it brought up in a neutral manor.

Humans sure love having things to fear and blame and feeling powerless don't they?

Thanks Jiggy! That was good!

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3133344 - 09/14/04 06:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

go read some robert a heinlein, hehheh...
(jubal talking to ben in _stranger in a strange land_ comes to mind...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it [Re: ]
    #3135354 - 09/14/04 04:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Max Headroom said:
As I explained above, jealousy is antithetical to gene propogation. And I don't think jealousy is healthy in any way, unless you consider selfishness healthy -- which is subjective.

Antithetical - Exactly opposite

I'm not speaking in opposites, I'm arguing that it can be good and bad (good and bad are not objective anyways). The only reason Jealousy is around is that it does indeed help genes get passed.

Selfishness is healthy and unhealthy, like all things.
Same thing with selflessness

I think it is unhealthy for someone to be so selfless that they don't care if thier partner cheats on them. Yet it is good to be selfless with food and people you are close to.

You asked where jealousy has a place, I said it helps genes propigate because it ensures that you and only your gene will mix with the partners gene. It is one of many methods which helps the genes of a specific person reproduce. Others include penis size, personality, looks, etc. There are also many other non-genetic traits like jobs and clothes that help it too.

Jealousy can go either way, it can be either:

bad (Partner kills his partner before they can have child over jealous thoughts)
or good (guy doesn't want his wife to have other man's child).

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Jealousy: everying serves usefull purpose? where does it [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3135360 - 09/14/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
jealousy can be alchemically transmuted into positive energy

ie- you can use it to inspire yourself to be a better person that deserves (and gets) more out of life.

--------------------
Agent 727

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds