Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegooking69
Stranger

Loc: PNW
im a first time user
    #3129652 - 09/13/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hi iv never really used anything before and im kinda a nature buff and from what iv read shrooms will give me a whole new perspective on nature. what i want to know is what kind of shrooms can i where i live(north west Washington, usa. by Seattle) and how is the best way to take them for the first time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: im a first time user [Re: gooking69]
    #3129689 - 09/13/04 01:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery!

If you don't have alot of experience with mushrooms in general I would recomend to not pick wild ones unless you know somebody who know's what to look for or you can post pictures here before consuming. You will have better results if you grow your own, and you will know what you are putting in your body.

Once you get yourself hooked up and deciede when to eat them, go for a nice long walk in the woods (don't go wandering out by yourself if you are going to eat lots, you might get lost) bring some paper, pencil's and music if you can. and a bit of herb if you are into that.

The best way to take them is to chew them up really good, then swallow.

--------------------

Offlinegooking69
Stranger

Re: im a first time user [Re: FlusH]
    #3130122 - 09/13/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ok where would i get the stuff to grow them. i cant go buying them on the internet cause there are people that live with me that I would kick me out if they caught me with anything at all. I dont really trust the local "markets" all that much.

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #3130256 - 09/13/04 03:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well, do your homework and check this site out. There is more than enough information available at your fingertips that you can tap into. I would suggest to start in the cultivation section ( http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3 ) then check out the sponsors. (http://www.shroomery.org/vendors.php )

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3131170 - 09/13/04 07:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You should be able to find some in washington. However, like others have said, be VERY careful. Even if you do, a wild print is no picnic for a first time grow. Having said that, it shouldn't be Cubensis in washington, so it doesn't really matter.

Order a print online. It can be sent in an envelope, no suspicious box, or packaging. Just a blank envelope.

Your best bet if you can't order anything is simply to buy some from a dealer. Yeah, prices can suck. But for your first time, why not? See how you like it. Your living situation doesn't sound ideal for growing anyway.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3131187 - 09/13/04 07:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

don't cyans grow in seattle? if they do, yoru one lucky guy and you don't even know it.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinegooking69
Stranger

Re: im a first time user [Re: gdman]
    #3131388 - 09/13/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i went on to a few sites and these shrooms should grow where i live

Psilocybe azurescens
Psilocybe baeocystis
Psilocybe cyanafibrillosa
Psilocybe cyanescens
Psilocybe fimetaria
Psilocybe liniformans var. americana
Psilocybe pelliculosa
Psilocybe semilanceata
Psilocybe silvatica
Psilocybe strictipes = Psilocybe callosa
Psilocybe stuntzii
Panaeolus subbalteatus
Conocybe cyanopus .
Conocybe smithii
Gymnopilus aeruginosus
Gymnopilus viridans

if anyone has any info on these shrooms i would be thankful

Edited by gooking69 (09/13/04 09:03 PM)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3131821 - 09/13/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

take a look for some

Psilocybe azurescens
Psilocybe cyanescens
Psilocybe semilanceata

Again, if you plan on growing, just order a cubensis print.

Offlinegooking69
Stranger

Re: im a first time user [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3132086 - 09/13/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i think im going to just look for them cause the info on this site says they grow all over the place where i live.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3132786 - 09/14/04 12:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

In the washington/oregon area there are tons of different kinds of mushrooms. Make sure you learn all the ways to identify them. Worst case scenerio, take a pic and post it here on shroomery.

Sorry for the 'lecturing'. just that no one here wants you getting poisoned or anything. If you can find it, awesome. Remember that dosages for those kinds differ from normal, so don't eat an 1/8 of azurescens.

If you find em, awesome. Have a great time. Don't worry about growing any of those strains though.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
    #3132905 - 09/14/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Research psilocybe cyanescens. They grow gregariously in your (and mine :wink:) area.

They grow in alder chips, in man made areas, parks, apartment complexes, schools, dog parks. Find places that used the lighter bigger bark chips and not that new cheap brown bark being used anywhere because that doesnt fruit much of anything related to fungi :smile:. It will take some searching, trust me. They grow near blackberry or rose bushes. Check under rhodedendrens (sp.) in areas you check.

They will start fruiting after about one to two weeks of rain and cold weather and will continue to fruit until it freezes.

Watch out for the Deadly Galerina as it grows in the same area as Cyans!

Dont let that scare you though they can be easily id'd apart. The Galerinas are more orange, and the stems are orange. They also do not bruise blue. Cyans have more caramel/tan colord caps, white stems, and bruise blue pretty intensely when handled.

Have fun with the season and trust me your going to have to beat the streets if you want to find anything. And I suggest that you take pictures and describe your findings in the "Mushroom Hunting" section of this site to get a more proper identification.

Now go find your hardwood beds and check them often.

Have fun and welcome to the world of mycology!

Offlinegooking69
Stranger

Re: im a first time user [Re: vc77]
    #3132985 - 09/14/04 01:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

wow iv found those a lot my whole life and i didint have any idea what they were. lol that just cool.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
    #3132995 - 09/14/04 01:35 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Be sure you have the right ones, take a spore print, and do some research.

Read up on how to dry them and beware, cyanescens are very potent. I would say for your first time eat about 1.5 grams dried (Psilocybin affects people differently)

For your first trip its good to keep in mind that the effects are temporary. Find your wave and ride it. And no, you wont overdose on them, you'll just wig balls if you eat more than your ready for.

Offlinegooking69
Stranger

Re: im a first time user [Re: vc77]
    #3146137 - 09/16/04 10:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

what color are the cyans spores and same question for the glerinas

--------------------
Know your Mushrooms Posion

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds