Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Shroomerites!
    #3129739 - 09/13/04 01:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Do think we have enough love light power here to collectively transcend paranoia energy for everyone who comes here with it?

Lets discuss paranoia and it's benefits? Maybe it's useful and we should let it fly like mad around here.

Considering how many people here who use drugs that can hieghten paranoia I think its a worthy topic to discuss and cause to collectively transcend.

People seem to feed and thrive on it though, why?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Shroomerites! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3130012 - 09/13/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Paranoia protects you from getting caught. My problem is I'm not paranoid enough.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Shroomerites! [Re: silversoul7]
    #3130130 - 09/13/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The only thing to fear is subversion of the self by the self.

At one point i was worried about CIA-like operatives monitoring the minds of people to prevent them from 'ascencion' which is realizing the real name of the game (read: self created reality, conciouss universe, etc)

my reasoning was that such operatives have already realized the name of the game and for obvious reasons want to prevent people from waking up and changing their 'prefered collective future' by sending out independent energy/thought waves or whatever.

Then i realized that such operatives do indeed exist, but like everything else only as a creation of my mind. Therefore the operatives really just represent my own ego, my own fears and inhibitions about grasping truth, and using it.

That is , the only threat is always from within, and i am now confident i can easily overcome such threats.

Paranoia is useless, counterproductive. Caution is a different story, and a better word is balance.

Balance is key.

Too much recklessness and dynamism leads to a personal fall. Too much passivity and restraint leads to vegetation.

Im not afraid to get up and spray some walls, when the need arises, but im also not keen to be thrown in jail.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3130203 - 09/13/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I once had the pleasure of hearing Mark Emery speak in front of our city Police HQ (also got to smoke with him in the same location!). One of the things he said has stuck with me (despite being rather stoned on the BEST bud I've ever smoked - compliments of Mark - though the wording may be slightly off from what he said):

"You see those people in there (pointing towards the police)? THEY ARE YOUR ENEMIES! Don't think that you're paranoid, BE paranoid...because these people ARE out to get you! They want to take away your rights as a Canadian, take away your life, and lock you up. You have every right to be paranoid."

I say a healthy level of paranoia is good, just like a healthy level of fear is good: it helps protect us from getting into situations we might regret.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Shroomerites! [Re: trendal]
    #3130209 - 09/13/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That must have been a high point in your life :cool:

Would have been awesome to be at one of those rallies...

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3130272 - 09/13/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

cautionary fea is different from paranoia and it is a good thing to have.

Isn't paranoia when you think something more powerful then you is out to get and harm and dominate you when there is NO appearant imminent threat? I think its cautionary fear gone to an unhealthy and destructive extreme.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3130483 - 09/13/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"Isn't paranoia when you think something more powerful then you is out to get and harm and dominate you when there is NO appearant imminent threat? I think its cautionary fear gone to an unhealthy and destructive extreme. "

exactly my feeling.

Balance is key. PAranoia is fear that has gone off balance.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerites! [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3130751 - 09/13/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

From Webster:

Main Entry: para?noia
Pronunciation: "par-&-'noi-&
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek, madness, from paranous demented, from para- + nous mind
1 : a psychosis characterized by systematized delusions of persecution or grandeur usually without hallucinations
2 : a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

Given that definition, which I think is a good one, I will agree that paranoia is "bad" fear, or bad ammounts of it. Obviously if "paranoia" is, by definition, irrational or delusional then it is not a beneficial form of fear.

I suppose the possibility remains that paranoia may not always be a "bad" thing. I'm sure certain levels of paranoia in certain situations can help you protect yourself, though obviously living in constant paranoia is no way to go about the big Experiment :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
    #3132765 - 09/14/04 12:11 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i have mild paranoia. i don't know why but i get it whenever i look at most poeple.
i've been working on transcending it by a) learning to relax b) learning how to control myself and by extension, whatever happens to me.

i think the only thing that will relieve my paranoia is mastering self control. ( i think poeple can read my thoughts and emotions, and i think i can read the emotions and sometimes thoughts of others, so in my paranoid fantasy land there is alot of bad or just stuff i don't like under surface exteriors).

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3132799 - 09/14/04 12:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't become paranoid when I use drugs.  I become anxious.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineStinky
Toaster ofPop-tarts

#3132899 - 09/14/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think that paranoia is a logical outcome to the kind of world we live in today. I have no proof of this, but I'd be willing to bet that the rate of paranoia is much higher today than it was say...300 years ago. I just installed Peer Guardian on my computer only to find out that the FBI, U.S. Marshals, DEA., and others commonly look into my computer. It would be unreasonable to think that some people would not think that everyone is out to get them. Maybe if we all lived out in the country without computers, we'd be happier (and less paranoid) as a species.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3134520 - 09/14/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

last night, an old friend i have been blowing off because of his toxicity instant messages me and I decide to recive it, hoping he out grow his paranoia. In no time at all, he is sending me david icke articles, articles about bushes dark secret agendas and telling me about marshall law being enforced in other states blah blah blah.

Then he goes into how his marriage is on the rocks because he can't deal with taking the brunt of his wifes anxiety disorder.

I was like 'dude, if I was married to your fear filled paranoid ass, I would be an anxiety case too."

This shit is toxic to the one who dwells in it and it is toxic to those who are infected by it. Its freaking contagious, like stinky said, it's porbably growing to become americas number one contagious disease and spreading fast.

if something comes along that makes fear arise, why choose to look for more reason to support why you should be afraid? rest assured, you will find them an amp your normal cautionary fear up to full blown paranoia in no time.

Why not look for reasons to support why you have no need to be in fear? Rest assured you will find them as well as peace and empowerment with the situation.

something to consider.

trendal, you act like that cop did you a favor. I'm not so sure about that unless the fear he instilled in you takes you to a place of overcoming it where you can then help others overcome it and be free from it yourself. You're sort of borderline with it.

be careful all about not dwelling in it. remember, you can start looking for reasons to support having nothing to fear about something, if you wish to end the drama. They are exciting for a while and then they become exhausting and take a toll, they begin to take joy and living in fullfillment from you too.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3134719 - 09/14/04 02:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I am not paranoid in the least...I know those bastards are after me. ....someday I'll get my gun...

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
    #3134834 - 09/14/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have been sucumbing to that kind of paranoia too. It really sucks! I have all these worries about the U.S. becoming a police state and some group of super rich people driving the world toward destruction.

The thing is, I can't figure out if I'm just being paranoid or if there REALLY IS something going wrong in this world that I need to understand.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Loc: The fourth dimension
Re: Shroomerites! [Re: Source]
    #3134847 - 09/14/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"PUSHING LITTLE CHILDREN WITH THEIR FULLY AUTOMATICS, THEY TRY TO PUSH THE WEAK AROUND"

J♠
Male User Gallery

#3134862 - 09/14/04 02:57 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

trendal, you act like that cop did you a favor. I'm not so sure about that unless the fear he instilled in you takes you to a place of overcoming it where you can then help others overcome it and be free from it yourself. You're sort of borderline with it.

It wasn't a cop :smirk:

It was Mark Emery, a marijuana-legalization activist here in Canada. He did me no "favor" by saying those things, other than to agree with my own thoughts on the issue. Paranoia in this case is a good thing, I think. Many cops here will let you off, sometimes without even a warning, if they catch you with pot. Some cops will even let you off if they catch you growing it. Yet the fact remains that SOME (a good portion) cops will bust you on the spot for having a 1/2g in your pocket. It is extremely difficult to make a decision on WHICH type of cop you are dealing with in the few brief moments before you FIND OUT what kind of cop you are dealing with.

Best to treat them all as potential enemies...best to be paranoid.

--------------------

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
    #3134890 - 09/14/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Im glad I don't live in the U.S.A....

J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomerites! [Re: BlueOrb]
    #3134916 - 09/14/04 03:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Gotta love Canada! :grin:

--------------------

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
    #3134933 - 09/14/04 03:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Canada is a diferent story....why are Americans trapped in this fear loving, controlling system....Its time to wake up.....

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3134984 - 09/14/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry Tren,

I thought you were talking about that guy warning you that those other guys wanted to put you in concentration camp and to be paranoid about that.

In the case you described, i wouldn't call that being paranoid. You had something on you that you could go to jail for and you were surrounded by people who could put you there if caught. That was rational fear and it served you to be catious. There was an appearant and immenant threat.

Thats not paranoia.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order