Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
What do you Georgia people do when growing mushrooms?
    #3129940 - 09/13/04 04:06 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ive noticed on alot of sites that sell kits that they wont sell to Georgia. WTF is this!? Do they just not sell the syringes but will sell the cakes or whatever else it is you need. What do you guys do about getting spores? Is their a way to circumvent this?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: What do you Georgia people do when growing mushrooms? [Re: mastacheefa]
    #3130106 - 09/13/04 04:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I believe that spores are illegal in georgia... the only way to circumvent that is get a friend that grows them and get a print from him/her. I don't know if mycelial cultures are illegal in georgia, that may be the case. When buying the cakes, are they already grown/innoculated? I don't think they are...

Tough luck man. The one cool thing is that Ps. Weilii is in season in your area. Try to get together with a mushroom hunter around your area and try to find them. If I were you, I'd look for an old mushroom hunter... as they say, there are bold mushroom hunters, and there are old mushroom hunters, but there aren't any old, bold mushroom hunters.

Happy shrooming!

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3130112 - 09/13/04 04:45 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

They go down to Florida and stock up :wink:

Anonymous

#3130126 - 09/13/04 04:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

im looking to get around the same problem in california...too bad for us, we gotta work for our spores!

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
Re: What do you Georgia people do when growing mushrooms? [Re: ]
    #3130482 - 09/13/04 06:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So if I have a spore print of the species I want to grow, I can use that?  And those damn weilii are elusive little bastards!  Every second of me and my friend's time for the last 2 weeks has gone to hunting weilii.  Unfortunately we havent found the first one... :frown:

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

Re: What do you Georgia people do when growing mushrooms? [Re: ]
    #3130504 - 09/13/04 06:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Spores are illegal in Georgia, Idaho, and Cali. ANYTHING further than spores is illegal in all states, inculding mycelium with no intent or capability to fruit. Mycelium still contains an active substance whereas spores do not. Since the law is based on containing ANY active scheduled substance (whether it is enough to dose, or not) then mycelium cultures are illegal too. Also basically if you have mycelium they assume you will attempt to fruit, and then the three "hardcore" states above extended this to basically if you have spores you intend to grow mycelium and thus intend to fruit. Whereas it is perfectly legal under federal law to posess spores for microscopy and other non-germination reasons.

It's the war on drugs, taken to ridiculous extremes - but that's business as usual. I still think anything which occurs naturally on this Earth should not be illegal. They had better arrest the wind currents because I bet the wind imports a large number of spores just across the state border, from wild growing psilocybes and friends.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #3130527 - 09/13/04 06:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like a sea of shit,Bummer

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: What do you Georgia people do when growing mushrooms? [Re: KaptKid]
    #3130560 - 09/13/04 06:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

>Mycelium still contains an active substance whereas spores do not.

Pre-hyphal knot stage mycelium does not contain psilocybin and should be legal in many states. There are many uses for mycelium that don't include fruiting it, such as mating experiments. Still, I wouldn't risk it. A zealous prosecutor may try to prove intent, and since you do have intent they may well be able to prove it. It doesn't really matter anyway because if they want to fuck you over they will. Regardless if they can actually get a conviction or not.

-FF

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation