Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
Re: Super potent shrooms, why argue? [Re: ]
    #314506 - 05/11/01 04:08 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Teonan.. I just don't get your "resperatory" argument. If everything is determined by genes/DNA, then why do people take vitamins, asprin and other meds?

It's been said in this thread and the other that the fungi in question have a feedback mechanism that limits tryptophan production.

Cop cyans growing on the same shit as cubensis may yield a higher psi/psi content because it is more efficient or because it requires more psi/psi to produce spores (or whatever it needs it for).

Potency (chemical potential) may very well be fixed as granite in the DNA, but maybe shrooms only achieve 5-10% of that potential under average circumstances.

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDirtmaster
addict
Re: Super potent shrooms, why argue? [Re: Bleuboxo]
    #314511 - 05/11/01 04:19 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

you are all wasting your time

Offlineegghead
veteran
Re: Super potent shrooms, why argue? [Re: Dirtmaster]
    #314534 - 05/11/01 06:07 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

We know that. How are you wasting yours?

--------------------

Offlinegray1
addict

Loc: brooklyn
    #314557 - 05/11/01 07:10 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

you can try to get your hands on tryptamine from your friend who has established accounts with scientific companies, but i doubt that it will work. first of all, general supply companies like fisher and VWR don't carry specialty chemicals, just common analytical reagents. sigma does however: page 993 of the 200, 2001 'biochemicals and reagents for life science research' catalog:
tryptamine (3-[2-aminoethyl]indole), biogenic amine formed from the decarboxylation of tryptophan by L-aromatic mino acid decarboxylase. vasoactive, may have neuromodulator function. fre3e base form, 99%, white crystals, 250mg $8.60, 1g 19.60.

so it's available, but as far as i know this is a closely regulated compound and i doubt that your science friend could order it without a dea liscense. what kind of research do they do that they could convince someone they need tryptamine for?
anyway, if they are willing and you are interested, it is certainly worth a try. i would be interested to know the results of your quest, keep posting

c12h16n24ohdmt

Anonymous

Re: Super potent shrooms, why argue? [Re: egghead]
    #314749 - 05/11/01 11:49 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Egghead people take vitamins, etc.. because they lack them in there diet. But like all living things if you take too much of any of them, you will cause imbalances. Thanks for stating an analogy that supports my theory. All metabolism is tied to energy consumption, i.e. respiration. Substrate composition does effect potency, I'm not arguing that. You stated exactly what I am stating in your last post. What is the difference between Cop. cyans and P. cubensis, figure that out and you will know how to increase potency. It certainly isn't the quantity of Tryptophan in there substrate. It most certainly is there ability (internal) to run these conversions at a higher rate. More conversions, more potency. Higher quantity of necessary enzymes, no neccessity to use Tryptophan for as many uses, etc...

Offlineegghead
veteran
    #314767 - 05/11/01 12:08 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

So is it useless (for people) to take L-Tryptophan supplements? Instead just drink more milk or something?

--------------------

OfflineBleuboxo
enthusiast
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #314772 - 05/11/01 12:11 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

i have simplified something:

L-TRYPTOPHAN TO TRYPTAMINE::::::::::::::::::

STEP 1- Mix 80g tryptophan - 250mL Dimethyl Sulfoxide.
STEP 2- Add 5g Cyclohexanone.
STEP 3- Heat to 150deg.
STEP 4- Wait 2-4hrs until solution is clear.
STEP 5- Dissolve residue in Methylene Chloride.
STEP 6- Wash off with a 5% baking soda solution.
STEP 7- Wash off with a distilled water solution.
STEP 8- Seperate Methylene Chloride layer.
STEP 9- Dry with Magnesium Sulfate Anhydrous.
STEP 10- Boil off Methylene Chloride.

L-Tryptophan - www.iherb.com - $60 for 180caps

1/2 pint jar:
1/2 - 2/3 cup of vermiculite + 1/8 cup of brown rice flour
45millileters water & .10g tryptamine

if i cant get it from my friend than i will try to make it. these chem's are pretty expensive though...i dont know if i can afford $120 for a liter of chloride.

" Insanity is just a thread of reality...the make-as-you-go part of living, the bare second reflex of dying _Stavros Christou... by_"

--------------------
" Insanity is just a thread of reality...the make-as-you-go part of living, the bare second reflex of dying _Stavros Christou... by_"

Anonymous

#314776 - 05/11/01 12:17 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

No it is not useless!!!!! You take a recommended dosage, to supply substances you are LACKING from your diet. You don't take excessive dosages, thinking it will help you more.

Offlineegghead
veteran
    #314777 - 05/11/01 12:17 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Damn bleuboxo.. don't blow yourself up.

Would I be correct in assuming that anything derived from such a process could no longer be considered 'organic'?

--------------------

Offlinesonichell
journeyman
    #314866 - 05/11/01 01:49 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

what about just adding a DMT containing plant material to the substrate?

Offlineegghead
veteran
Re: Super potent shrooms, why argue? [Re: sonichell]
    #314882 - 05/11/01 02:07 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I believe some folks use amaranth due to its high triptamine content.

--------------------

OfflineBleuboxo
enthusiast
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #315112 - 05/11/01 06:07 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

DMT? that is a very good question...i dont know, i want to try mimmosa root bark, or there is a grass containg high amounts of DMT that are called phalaris. maybe if you cultivated your own phalaris, then dried it out....not with an oven, and used it as a casing or substrate it would work. the method for tryptophan to tryptamine is from The Rhodium Chemsitry Library...all there posts are extremely accurate i have just simplified the terms that people dont usually understand. but if it is possible for the fruits to break down DMT to psilocybin...there is a good shot at this....actually, its three steps sooner and faster and cheaper to do!!! thats a very good experiment...plus all the chem's you need to buy are quite expensive. phalaris grass and mimmosa root bark experiment is coming soon. anybody else want to do it? just so we have more results to work with and analyze?

--------------------

Offlinegray1
addict

Loc: brooklyn
    #316764 - 05/14/01 07:30 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

egghead:
in this sense, being an organic molecule refers to a carbon based structure with active groups like amines, hydroxyls, alcohols, etc...
it is still an organic molecule even if it is produced synthetically.

teonan: i aggree with you on a couple of things: don't overdo supplementing with vitamins/minerals. what i am interested in, for my own personal nutrition and in suggestion experimental conditions for those interested, is in creating an optimal environment for function of natural processes, doing so in part by providing sufficient levels of nutrients/vitamins/etc...

also, the difference in species that contain variant psilocybin/psilocin content is of great interest. if two species are grown under identical conditions and result with different alkaloid content, it implies that there is something internally different, and this must be related to gene transcription and regulation, my intial interest when i began posting here. would very much like to look into this issue further.
gray1

c12h16n24ohdmt

Offlinewyldeman007
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Super potent shrooms, why argue? [Re: gray1]
    #5707912 - 06/03/06 04:17 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

This is just an opinion but i believe that the production of a greater amount of psilocybe/psilocin can't be accurately monitored through just adding chemicals known to be an isomer, Ester, Ethyl or salt of the desired product. The production of psilocybe can most reliably be attributed to the strain or sub strain, instead of messing with the mushrooms intake of metabolites/nutrients, a strain with the proper biology to convert existing natural source of metabolites/nutrients into a larger density of psilocybe would probably be the way to go. When an optimal strain is used as opposed to a setup with 'enriched' nutrients, the result of production can be exactly copied via spore and reliably controlled.

--------------------

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here." - Richard Dawkins

Offlinekong
Stranger
Re: Super potent shrooms, why argue? [Re: wyldeman007]
    #5708727 - 06/03/06 08:05 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

tryptophan can be turned into tryptamine fairly easy using otc products. The synth is on .....^.... think spearmint oil....

If you are familiar with any vendors you should have no problem buying tryptamine.... Just ask for it, and don't pay more than five a gram.

Large american companies are not going to give you much of anything. I wouldn't worry too much about ordering tryptamine. It's just one of those chems that can't be controlled. ie.. take a shit extract tryptophan and then right to tryptamine. all otc

Tryptamine isn't useful for making that many active tryptamines, sure dmt and det, but not very many more. Although Ive been wrong before.

if you are using poo, chances are your substrate contains more precursers than you can use anyway. What we need to learn is how to make the mushrooms produce more of the chemicals that allow the tryptamine ect.. to be made into 4-ho-dmt. These chemicals are the constraint for those with poo as a substrate.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Super potent shrooms, why argue? [Re: kong]
    #5712770 - 06/04/06 09:05 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Doesn't sugar content, have to do with the potency?

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #5713422 - 06/04/06 11:56 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

well ihave seen phalris grass used many times here. i assume it may work from positive reports. i do have phalris growing everywhere and its not your low alkloid type its from a wetland reclaimation. so i well give some properly dried product to my friend. i do think pans are easier because you dont have to grow the grass first but if you dont have the proper equipment yes i can see the advantage.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Super potent shrooms, why argue? [Re: durban_poison]
    #5714143 - 06/05/06 07:57 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Guys, this exact same thread gets started once per month or so. It has never been answered because there is no known magic bullet that is going to increase your potency. If you scroll back through the last few months you'll see it discussed to death. This is a five year old thread. Nothing has changed since then.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

Re: Super potent shrooms, why argue? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5714167 - 06/05/06 08:17 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

:repost:
:smirk:

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

:dna::dna:

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #5714270 - 06/05/06 09:22 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
This topic has been coverd too many times. There is no point in reliving this discussion.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order