Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: Shroomism]
    #3133696 - 09/14/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
yeah, if I just move out of the DC area, rent would drop by at least half. There's towns I could move to 30 miles south where rent would be like 700 a month for a townhouse I could split with roommates. This paying all my money for rent and shit is getting rediculous. heh, maybe I'll just go live with my friends in their dirty old house, since they are only paying like 150 each per month to live there.

Anyway, I've got a lot to think about. But right now I have to go back to work and finish this job. Thank you all for your helpful advice and may love and light shine on ye all :smile: :heart: :sun:

yo i hear ya man. i'm up here too and its insanely expensive. the prices have skyrocketed here, my parents bought theyre house here in nova about 17 years ago at 270,000 and its now worth easily over 500,000. im living back with my parents, making around what you make. its nearly impossible to rent around here making what we make.

i'd move further south in VA or out towards west va but theres hardly any jobs there. in my case i'm just saving up enough money to move south also, but to florida probably. a lot cheaper places to live but of typically you dont make as much money there. i've lived in nova almost all my life and need to get outta this place

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: synthesis]
    #3133734 - 09/14/04 09:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I know this may sound crazy... but lots of people are making good money with jobs like - http://jobsearch.monster.com/jobsearch.asp?q=kuwait&re=0&sort=rv&tm=&vw=b&cy=US&brd=1%2C1862%2C1863

Many people who are work one year contracts in Kuwait are doing very well.  Do a little homework and you will find that Kuwait is a REALLY nice place.  Its not Iraq, Israel, etc...  Kuwait has a very strong economy and has little/no violence.  So many people make the assumption that Kuwait is as violent as Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries that  they see on TV.  When in Reality, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and many other Middle Eastern Countries aren't bad place. 

"US-GA-Kuwait-Wheel Vehicle Mechanic - Kuwait - $52k++, Tax-Free"

Can you change tires :smile: 

"US-CA-Kuwait-Firefighter - Kuwait - $56k++, Tax-Free"

If you did this, you could come back here and probably get a job with any Fire Station in the US :smile: 

Benefits:
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes a cash bonus, profit sharing, a recruitment bonus program, relocation assistance, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, a vision-care plan, paid sick time,  a shared company car, paid company holidays, on-site personal services, and paid vacations."

All this for one years work.  Get all of your medical work done.  Make some money TAX FREE and one year is definitely better than 4

Its just another option.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3133753 - 09/14/04 09:54 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Jesus christ man...  you're saying HE'LL be brainwashed...  you've brainwashed yourself.

Quote:

you have a beutifull mind! potentials, possibilities! all that will be gone when you put on that uniform and pick up that gun. You will have traded your divine god given human potentials for the chance to be a machine of death, one of billions of soldiers throughout history, killing and being killed for reasons they dont understand, with the spoils of their work going to the rich who never had to see or spill a drop of blood. 

Is he going to immediatly cease being shroomism?  He's not inhabited by satan, hes probably repairing broken devices in the comfort of a base. God'll never forgive that will he?  :tongue2:

My dad enlisted durring vietnam....  he ended up repairing things in germany, like he asked...  they didnt trick him, they put him right where he signed up for...  thats one advantage the army has over all the others.  You sign up for a job, and a place, and its guaranteed to you.  The airforce and navy?  You sign up for a field, like electrical, and they put you somewhere they need someone.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #3133775 - 09/14/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i mean if you can get a job in a reasonably safe area doing non combative work, ok , maybe thats a good option.

Im just saying, dont kill for money, dont die for money,

and ive heard from many people what combat service is like, and almost universally they say 'when you join the army you stop being a person, and when you get out its hard to get it back' ya know, to that effect.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #3133782 - 09/14/04 10:02 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

the only branch he may have a chance of really being completely brainwashed is marines. army is almost as bad. the marines go through the toughest bootcamp, when they really just want to strip you of your personality and you become just a number, a killing machine property of uncle sam.
the air force's is cake compared to marines bootcamp.

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3134040 - 09/14/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

my advice.

drop out of society and live in the woods in idaho or wyoming.

~JSlice~

--------------------

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3134108 - 09/14/04 11:42 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

shroomism---

SERIOUSLY LOOK INTO WORKING FOR A COMPANY IN FL, FOR HURRICANE RELIEF

SERIUOSLY GOOD MONEY

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: goobler]
    #3134205 - 09/14/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

^^^ do it man, good money, good karma, no problem!

ill bet it helps you get laid too!

although women love a man in uniform...

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3134286 - 09/14/04 12:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Only the fedEx type. :wink:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3135186 - 09/14/04 04:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I want to sincerly thank everyone for their advce in this thread, and the support I have been receiving through PMs. I've made my decision.. and I am NOT going to join the military. You all make very good points, and it is just not worth it to me. Just today, we got a ton of new work that will keep our schedule busy for the next two months, and I should get a good amount of overtime and extra pay in...

I'm going to be looking into electrical training to get a journeymans license, as I've been doing electrical work for almost a year with a master electrician, so I think I would just have to brush up on a few things, maybe do it a little longer, and take the test.

Goobler - hurricane relief in florida sounds pretty good.. but isn't hurricane season almost over? I thought it was only like 3 months of the year. Anyway, that's still a possibility, my band wants to get out of the area, and perhaps I could convince them to move south and we could get a place down there.. I know it's like ten times cheaper to live down there. Plus, Tampa has the best metal scene in the US :wink:, at least it used to.

So to everyone that PMed me with your concerns, I'm not going to do it. Thank you all for your support it really means a lot to me :smile:

Me.. I'm just going to put the gear to the grindstone or whatever the fuck that term is, work my ass off, save & spend more wisely, and just see where the universe guides me.

Love, Light and Good Vibes to all of you :sun:

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3135555 - 09/14/04 05:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hurray!!!!!  :grin: :thumbup: :heart: :sun:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3135868 - 09/14/04 06:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I say don't do it.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinervd3201
enthusiast

#3135879 - 09/14/04 06:51 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
I'm going to be looking into electrical training to get a journeymans license, as I've been doing electrical work for almost a year with a master electrician, so I think I would just have to brush up on a few things, maybe do it a little longer, and take the test.

that is what i told him to do in pm. I am the man

OfflinePoisonCrazy
Stranger

Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #12386474 - 04/13/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Phishgrrl said:
Only the fedEx type. :wink:

They deliver packages to all the lovely ladies.

OfflineEvent
Tropical Gold
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: PoisonCrazy]
    #12387576 - 04/13/10 07:14 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I just got out of the military after a 6 year contract.  Your title is asking for advice so here it is.  Don't join.

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: Event]
    #12394610 - 04/14/10 08:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

5 year necro.  Shroomism still posts here though, so I'm guessing he *didn't* join the military.

--------------------

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery

Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: Humility]
    #12400239 - 04/15/10 09:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

LOL at bringing back a 6 year old thread.

But yea, I'm sure shroomism is looking back, and glad he didn't join :smile: Things just went downhill.

Joining the military is a cop out if your heart isn't fully in it. I'd rather be who I am, live the way I want, and find a way to afford my bills and rent, which is what I am doing now :smile:

Offlinextokex
Stranger
Loc: SoCal
Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: tekramrepus]
    #12401734 - 04/16/10 01:49 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

yea I know a guy who is doing that Army scholarship for college (covers tuition up to 100g's) in return for 4 years in the Army reserves + 4 more years of service after he gets out of college (he'll still get paid for the service).. Hes planning to get that over with then start a family once he gets out and use his college degree to get a job.
So by the time he gets out he will be like 26 and the fun part of his life would be pretty much over.
Thats a pretty big comitment at such a young age and a huge gamble in regards to banking on getting a job w/ his college degree once he gets out
It's def. a smart move to avoid the military at all costs IMO, because it will skew your views and leave you with a life long mind fuck of the entire experience...

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: xtokex]
    #12403869 - 04/16/10 01:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

and if I was working full time, I wouldn't be in school.. get it?

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Definitely do-able.  Happens all the time.

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: thinking of doing the unthinkable - need advice [Re: memes]
    #12428027 - 04/20/10 06:30 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Shroomism, if you end up reading this shit, how about giving us a 5-year update? : )

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder