Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Lava Lamp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
First Trip. Go for it or take it slow?
    #3127174 - 09/12/04 10:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

hey guys, long time reader first time post.
i have never ingested shrooms before but, i have spent ample time reading about affects, experiences, preparation, set/ setting, and just about everything else about the psychedelic experience. i am contemplating my first trip. i am tempted to take a relatively high does like 3.5-4.0g dry for the first time and just surrender myself to the mush and hopefully have a profound spiritual experience but, then again i have seen many a tip saying to start at around 1.5g dry and work your way up. i was thinking since it would be my first time i could take atvantage of the black slate and really go for something big but do to my inexperience i thought it would be good to consult the good people here and see what they have to say. has anyone here had a large first time dose, if so, how'd it go?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: First Trip. Go for it or take it slow? [Re: Dimmy]
    #3127216 - 09/12/04 10:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

my first trip was with 1.5-2g dried. That was plenty for me. I got all the full effects. I'm very glad that i started small. When i look back, it would have been a huge mistake doing an 8th. You might think your ready for it but until you experience it you wont really know. Do half 8th and see how you like it. If you want more then do more.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #3127355 - 09/12/04 11:24 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

My first trip was on 3 hits of family fluff, it was without any doubt the most incredible experience of my life, and i'm so glad I took that much. It was indescribably intense and the most mind-blowing experience, it changed me for the better. However, that's just me, i'm extremely glad I dove in, and I wouldn't have it any other way, but you never know how you'll react so......good luck and Happy Trailss!!! Oh, make sure you have a trip sitter, esp. with a high dose, my first trip was at a small music festival, I went alone, but the people there all made sure I was having a good time and took good care of, having that is key, peace

--------------------

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: First Trip. Go for it or take it slow? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3127445 - 09/12/04 11:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i do have an experienced friend as a guide and before embarking on the experience i'd make sure to have everything i need, and i'd prolly make an effort to meditate a lil before hand. my only other substance experience is with alcohol and the mean green. i have had pretty intense experience with bud but i have never found myself fighting it (even when i was at the point where i felt as though an aneurism was imminent) and i often find myself getting excited when discussing other peoples psychedelic experiences or reading ones online. i was thinking this unconflicting and positive attitude would allow me to take on a serious first trip and get alot out of it. i am eager to dive in but am trying not to let my enthusiasm get the best of me. as i stand now, i think 3.5g dry maybe good... anyone else have any input?

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3127590 - 09/13/04 12:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thinking positively is definately a good step to take. However, thinking positively consciously (on the surface) might have nothing to do with things deeper down that could be let out for your trip.

My first trip was on a low amount (with friends who took the same amount) and it turned out great. Nothing compared to the mind blowing experiences I've had since, but great still.

Anyway, it seems that until you've had one of those experiences (probably a larger dose), I don't really think anything can prepare you properly. not even a low dose of mushrooms. you'll have a feel for the mental state you'll be in, so in some ways it will be familliar, but not enough to make a difference. The first time I had part of a trip that could be considered quite bad, I don't think my previous experiences offered much in the way of comfort. Setting is more important.

Anyway, seeing as what you're going for is a real spiritual experience, I'd go for an 1/8. If you take a lesser amount, you can still have a great time, and learn a lot, but you're still going to want that deeper trip, most likely. Keep in mind of course that it will be nothing like what you've read or heard about. You'll see how certain aspects are impossible to explain.

An 1/8 can take you a long way. You don't seem to have any intention of wanting a weaker trip. So, Make the most of it. Just don't go and take more than an 1/8 for your first time. While many people here probably have taken the dive, had it kick their ass, and open their eyes.. Theres always next time.

Maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't. Remember that even if a trip turns out 'bad', you always walk away from it having gained something. If you're alright with that, go for it.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly

Re: First Trip. Go for it or take it slow? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3127612 - 09/13/04 12:36 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah i've had 1/8s that felt like quarters if not more, it all depends on the batch. Some shrooms are so strong that a half dollar size pile will hit like a quarter.

--------------------

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
first second third [Re: Dimmy]
    #3128877 - 09/13/04 12:04 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

1st time - play it safe - 1 - 2g

2nd time - increase marginally 2g def.

3rd - push the envelope 2-4g

I pushed the envelope the 2nd time (didn't even measure, but must've been 5g+) - waaaaaay too cocky after first time - found myself watching my head peel away like apple peel as 'organic dominoes' wiped everything to a stone white colour.

In retrospect it was really needed, but high doses really need experience. I found myself thrown down a tunnel of every moment in my life when I'd had doubt about my self image, and kept alternating between laughing maniacally & crying my little heart out.

Sure it sorted a lot of shit in my head out - but it was a psychological rollercoaster I vowed never to enter into without experience.

The fun is really in building it up each time - I'm only up to trip number 10 and each time is totally different - I've levelled out at 5g - but be wary of dosage - my wife only need 2g to reach the same level as myself.

Play it safe, there'll be time to let thoughts expand out of your mind in orange bands of truth.

You may find tripping isn't for you.

Enjoy your experiment, whatever you choose to do.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #3129493 - 09/13/04 02:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

go for the full 8th..  thats what i ate the first time i did  :mushroom2:

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
    #3129647 - 09/13/04 03:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'd definatly say go for the full 8th. But I think the most logical thing (if you want to be cautious) is to eat half, wait till you start to trip and see how you feel. If you feel fine then go ahead and eat the other half. I personally would just devour the whole thing though.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#3129959 - 09/13/04 04:08 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

My first trip I took 3 grams, had a crazy fun time, the second was 4 grams and was quite spiritual with intense morphing visuals

I took an 1/8th a couple months ago which, in theory, should be a trip in between those trips, and had the most fucked up drug experience of my life.

If you were to experience what I did on that 8th I would say DO NOT TAKE THEM ALL... but those shrooms I had were SUPER potent, so I don't know.

I wouldn't say I know what an 1/8th trip is like.

OfflineWilf
Loc: England
    #3131015 - 09/13/04 08:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

My first trip was 2.3g and it was amazing and for me was about the right level for my first time. I was on my own, had music, lava lamp, my guitar, my bedroom window wide open to the warm summer night and the stars.......... ah.

It's hard to say, in my experience people's first trips usually go very well. If you are tripping on your own (or with just a sitter) and do get your set and setting right I'd go for maybe 2.5 - 3.0g, but that's just me. You seem to be confident about trying a fairly high dose which is important if you are to have a good experience, if you were/are too nervous/anxious about a high dose I'd say don't do it.

What I did before my first trip was to read lots of trip reports here on the shroomery and at erowid.org and see how different intensities of experiences (in terms of visuals, feelings, etc) correspond to the consumed dose. Although there are many variables this can give you a ballpark dose for the intensity of experience that you might like to dive in with , though such descriptions can never really explain the experiences adequately!!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: First Trip. Go for it or take it slow? [Re: F0SS1L]
    #3131093 - 09/13/04 08:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

F0SS1L said:
I'd definatly say go for the full 8th. But I think the most logical thing (if you want to be cautious) is to eat half, wait till you start to trip and see how you feel. If you feel fine then go ahead and eat the other half. I personally would just devour the whole thing though.

By the time you're tripping enough to know how hard the half is hitting you, eating the rest will be kind of a waste.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly

Re: First Trip. Go for it or take it slow? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3131169 - 09/13/04 09:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean, i've had eighths that did that to me too.....crazzzzzzyyy times :smile:  :mushroom2: :twirlyface:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Lava Lamp

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience