Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
The Spiritual Path *revisited*
    #3127050 - 09/12/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

After my absolute rebellion to it today, I can't deny that there seems to be some sort of collective path. It seems that people do go through certain stages and phases of awakening at different times and not even in order, but non the less they are relatable.

There's a lot of talk about surrendering your will over to divine will. I use to reason that if I am a divine being then my will is it's will. Any thoughts on this one?

There's talk of a divine plan or agenda and the rebel in me wants to create and follow MY OWN. Sometimes I wonder if that's the programming surfacing of "orignal sin" "separation from source" yada yada for reprogramming. Anyone feel this way?

Do you ever sometimes feel like you are getting sucked in by a force greater then that of your own will? If so, do you ever resist it? Do ever feel like you are being pulled towards something and feel the desire to pull away from it because this little something inside says, you are almost there, break free.

I don't feel this way all of the time but I do more often lately. Can anyone relate? Can anyone add to this or give outside perspective on it.

Do you ever get tired of seeking answers only to realise that every answer comes with 10 more questions and realising how much more there is to know that you don't? Do you ever get overwhelmed and want to stick your head in the sand?

Sometimes it feels like I am growing to big for this egg I am in and I crack and break free only to find myself growing to big for another egg I am in and so on and so on. Sometimes, it dawns on me that this shit never ends and I want to hit the pause button and smell the roses. Anyone ever feel like this?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
Re: The Spiritual Path *revisited* [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3127208 - 09/12/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, that's why I haven't been posting in S & P much lately. I spent a couple years pursuing the "spiritual path", thinking I was almost "there", wherever "there" is. Then all of a sudden none of it mattered and I just wanted to live my life without all this bullshit. Thinking about all this spiritually just led me to more and more thinking, which felt like a waste of time. It is what it is - I don't need to analyze everything to death.

Now I go to work and do all my mundane activities without feeling like I should be doing something "spiritual" instead, but I also can sit back and appreciate the wonders of life that I wouldn't have known without my exploration. I appreciate it, but it's more like a part of my daily life, not something I need to chase and continually think about and discuss. Something pops in my head and I don't really care why it happens or what it means. I'm just going about my life and trying to do the right thing - both in the physical, material world, and in whatever spiritual world there is.

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3127271 - 09/12/04 09:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"There's a lot of talk about surrendering your will over to divine will. I use to reason that if I am a divine being then my will is it's will. Any thoughts on this one?"

i dont think you realize what a profound insight this is. Your will is indeed 'God's Will'

That is the great secret behind being created in gods image. God is the creative force, and he created you. Not in his physical image, but rather he gifted you with your own power of creation.

He gives you the power, and whatever you do with it is indeed in tune with his will.

This is deeper than i can explain right now, but in the bible they talk about the supremely secret name of god, and that name is I AM.

Say it aloud to yourself. I AM.

YOU are.

God hasn't so much 'made' you as temporarily allowed you to seperate from him. You are in fact a piece of god, but within every piece is contained the whole. The purpose of this life is for you to use your god given power to experience yourself and your world as you want it to be (and as you want yourself to be) . It is a time to decide who you are. It is your opportunity to take an active part in the continuous unfolding of creation.

However, the time will come when you, the little flame, are called back to your source, which we could compare to the sun.

We are all GOD, and we are here to experience our own creation (and that creation includes ourselves! we are creating ourselves!) However, even now as you temporarily inhabit this human body, you are still GOD and thus your will is GODS will.

GOD is IAM
YOU are IAM
YOU ARE GOD

sorry that might be more than you were looking for

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: The Spiritual Path *revisited* [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3127277 - 09/12/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
GOD is IAM
YOU are IAM
YOU ARE GOD

correction:
GOD is IAOM
YOU are IAM
YOU are a part of GOD

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Path *revisited* [Re: Renegade8]
    #3127427 - 09/12/04 09:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Renegade,

THANKYOU!  :hug: You completely related to the feelings I am having that promoted this post and thats all I wanted- "some one" to relate and understand without tripping on me for being afraid to take next steps or some spiritual mumbo jumbo cuz thats not what this is about. Or worse, when i would bring this up to friends, they took offense to it as if I was saying this isn't where it's at like I was thumbing my nose to it all because I'm not and neither did you.

I've been a foot in and one out for almost a year now and am having trouble getting the other foot out. It's what I want for the same reasons you went for it. I'm having a really hard time unplugging as it seems next to impossible though. Definetely much better then last summer.

But, there is a glimmer of hope.

Moonshoe, I came to realise all of the I AM and being an individuation of source stuff a long time ago. They are powerful realisations to so I am glad you posted them here for others!

I've been feeling something I can't put into words and was hoping somebody else would be able too.

About the divine will/agenda versus my own will/agenda bit. I have experienced surrendering to the whole and it's awesome for a time but then I feel oblivious to the point of it not being productive in this life and then I pull back but life gets more difficult and negative for some reason.

After reading these replies, I just thought of something I never did before. When I would go to surrender to the larger self and plan, it was an act of surrendering to something a part from me in wisdom and beyond me.

Thats where I was getting fucked up-I think. I felt like it was a divine will or my will choice and treated it that way. When I thought I was following MY will, life did become more difficult. Comparing the two experiences is what had me put it all in question because they seemed different.

It never dawned on me until just now that I can surrender to my will and wisdom that is beyond me. Total cohesion. this makes the two ONE. ahhhhhhhh I think thats it. This is what I am going to focus on for the next week.

It seems like "duh" now and so subtle you wouldn't think there was a difference but it looks huge to me based on what was in my head before and now!

You guys rock! THANKYOU!

:kiss:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3127511 - 09/12/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have to add to what i wrote as someone else may be able to relate and use it up the road once it's in words.

I understand that what is outside of me is also within me. For some reason, when it came to divine will and my will, I was holding them separate. I also understnd the duality in that and just never saw that is what I was doing in this ONE case.

naturally, when I would shift in my mind from divine will to my will, I was putting up resistance to something and thats where the added struggle and negativity would come from.

I find it unbelievable that I did not see this right in front of my face all of this time. Wonder if it was one of those tricks your ego plays on you to keep itself separate????????

This has been about more. On this spiritual quest, have you ever jacked yourself up with soooooo much love/light that you become blinded by it? I mean, to such an extent, there are no problems in the world or in your life?

I don't know if that is so good or not. people start to think you don't care about "global human suffering issues" or that you are insensitive to their problems and ya catch a lot of flck for it. They trip on you for not taking action on the problems they see. Any thoughts or relation on this one?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3127860 - 09/12/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

There's a lot of talk about surrendering your will over to divine will. I use to reason that if I am a divine being then my will is it's will. Any thoughts on this one?

That is what I believe, in my faith.  My belief is that it's not "my will be done" but "His (God's) will be done".  I can seek whatever I want, but ultimately, I put it into God's hands and tell Him, "Okay, you know what I want, but whatever you think is best is fine by me."  Something like that.

Quote:

There's talk of a divine plan or agenda and the rebel in me wants to create and follow MY OWN. Sometimes I wonder if that's the programming surfacing of "orignal sin" "separation from source" yada yada for reprogramming. Anyone feel this way?

Well, I am a rebel, too.  I think it's also called "oppositional defiance disorder", if you believe what the psychs call it.  :grin:  And I never thought of it that way, but maybe our rebellion has to do with original sin, if one believes in such.  (I do, I think.)

Quote:

Do you ever sometimes feel like you are getting sucked in by a force greater then that of your own will? If so, do you ever resist it? Do ever feel like you are being pulled towards something and feel the desire to pull away from it because this little something inside says, you are almost there, break free.

Yes.  But a couple of years ago, I sort of gave in to God.  Up until that point, I thought I was believing in God, and praying about things, and trusting Him, but then I realized that I was just going about my own business.  (Long story.)

I realized that if I believed in God, then I had to believe that He had my interests at heart, even if they didn't always coincide with what I thought were my interests. 

So I decided to start looking for "signs" for what I believed God wanted me to do.  A short time later, I found this essay by Ralph Waldo Emerson wherein he expressed very eloquently what I felt.  I won't requote the whole thing here, but basically he said that the divine universe has put before us what it is that we are here to do, and all we have to do is pay attention to the signs. 

If we pay attention to the signs, if we do what we are supposed to do, then our lives will be easier than we make them.

But like Renegade said, it's all like opening a pandora's box.  One question leads to another.  But I also read a book by some guy, whose name I can't remember right now, and some "guru" in that book says to the author that sometimes, we can be "not spiritual". 

But I'm not tired of seeking the truth.  What wears me out is waiting for so long for the next answer.  The next piece of the puzzle.  Granted, it's MY puzzle, but hey, it's my life, and my thoughts.  So I'll build the puzzle any damned way I want, based on whatever piece of information that I think is pertinent. 

:grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #3128003 - 09/13/04 12:11 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i can identify with everything you've said, as there have been times in my life where i wish i could have gotten away from my culture and gotten into an ashram to really purify myself.
there have been times where i've thought i didn't need a spiritual path, because i was fully capable of being my own creative visionary.
there have been times where i've found all of it to be overwhelming, that i couldn't balance it out with my needs for a social life, a lover, travel, enculturation, and retreated to all this for comfort.
there have been times where i've been felt such great bliss that my own mother thought i was callus because deaths in the family didn't even phase me...
yeah, i go through phases too.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Path *revisited* [Re: Frog]
    #3128948 - 09/13/04 10:35 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That was nice read frog, from the heart of your experience. 

Surrendering to a higher will, making it separate from my own is what I ultimately kept pushing away from me.  I would start questioning free will stuff and think that if I am following the will of another then what the fuck good is my free will. I would start to feel like somethings pawn or puppet in someone else game plan and then get defiant.

I repeated this at least 5 times in the last year. I want to be the creator of my own game plan. I want full use of my free will. I want to follow my higher wisdom that is beyond me by the signs it provides me.

For whatever reason I had the two separated doesn't matter. I know separation is an illusion and leads to duality struggles. The duality in this is the idea that there is a force out there more all knowing or powerful then myself "on the grander scale" and thats not true to me at all. I beleive in spiritual equity accross the board.

I beleive whatever source intelligence and creative energy is, we are just the same.

I've known that for at least 10 years. How did it keep evading me in this one case of surrender? That's been the problem out to get my attention. They are one in the same when it comes to surrendering as well.

Now that I look at surrender as being surrendering to MYSELF, this pattern will cease. I broke it finally and "healed" this area of separation in my programming. What a relief!

Talk about guiding signs! Before I was posted this, i was thinking about it all and was thinking of just removing myself from reading here for a while to clear my head. I went to watch TV and found VH1's I love the 90's and thought that would pull my head out of the spirit zone.

They were showing the movie independance day and playing will smiths song getting jiggy with it in the back round. I busrt out laughing. I was like okay, so leaving a board for the bit won't solve a thing. I came back here later and posted this and TA DA. I got my solution out of it.

Cosmic Joke!
Yes, it sounds like you did totally understand the other element of my post. I can't beleive you mentioned the funeral thing and your family thinking you are callous. That happened to me too. I still want an answer to understanding if our oblivion to pain, loss and suffering, is a good thing or not. Does it serve us to be oblivious to the realities of others if a primary goal here is to relate to others and develop compassion? Maybe I will start a post on this. Your user name has a lot to do with this too. I like it!

Thanks for sharing here everyone! This convo has meant much to me!:heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3129114 - 09/13/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It is a neutral thing :wink:

Not to worry, as you are without worry.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Path *revisited* [Re: deff]
    #3129164 - 09/13/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'll tell what fucked me up this time. Having 3 hurricanes aimed at your ass in 4 weeks. One with 160 mph winds.

If that doesn't get you spiritual and re-questioning possible powers and wills beyond your own and your equality to neutralize them I don't know what will.

The first time I "surrendered to Divine will" was 9 years ago, when life was aball, but I began to feel like I was missing the boat and wasn't thrilled with a lot of my decisions. I gave up on myself and turned my life over. I got smacked with NASTY hurricane that altered my life and put me on "the path" hardcore.

I am laughing now at how it has come up again being faced with more hurricanes.

I was fucken angry at all of what happened with '95 hurricane and pissed off I turned my will over and found my ass finding spirit at the loss of an awesoem fun life in paradise. That anger still comes up and I question if the exhcange was worth it. It was.

Now I am looking back on it realising that i just turned my ego will over to MY higher will and that IN FACT it was my higher will to experience all of that. No more blame, no more anger, total acceptance today.

I am at peace!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3129176 - 09/13/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Great to hear :smile:

We are all at peace, whether we realize it or not

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #3129968 - 09/13/04 02:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

gettinjiggywithit
you definately ought to come down to their level and relate with them.... you don't give them a rap on mysticism, you think of experiences you can relate with them. you share activities that ease their mind - if you know they're good at baking pies, you say you're wanting to bake one and ask if they could help you some.... you know what i mean, every awakens at their own rate, you can't force anybody to awaken by teaching them about higher truths... that doesn't mean you have to suffer along with them, because you can't, you just have to lend them your strenghts gracefully.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Path *revisited* [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #3130088 - 09/13/04 02:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"have you ever jacked yourself up with soooooo much love/light that you become blinded by it? I mean, to such an extent, there are no problems in the world or in your life? "

hell yes. For a long time after my revelatory experience a while back i was so jacked on that it was unreal. I kept saying 'my only problem is convincing people that their is no problem' and to an extent that was true. But only in the ultimate sense, and weather we like it or not (and we have every reason to like it) we are still living in the world of the relative, meaning we still have problems to deal with. This is part of temporal life.

"I don't know if that is so good or not. people start to think you don't care about "global human suffering issues" or that you are insensitive to their problems and ya catch a lot of flck for it. They trip on you for not taking action on the problems they see. Any thoughts or relation on this one? "

i can relate man i can relate. I had a huge discussion with my bro about this once, were very similar people but he took the hardcore politically aware/active path and i took the spiritual/transcendent one. Its sometimes hard to reconcile the two. I mean once you realize that its all basically a dream in your mind, an illusion, fleeting and largely inconsequential, its hard to get to worked up about stuff.

What ive come to realize though is that the main purpose of life is to decide who we want to be (and therefore how we want the world to be) . Thus when we see suffering or evil, we realize it is originating within us. The solution in my oppinion is first to adress the problem within yourself, and make sure that what you dislike outside doesnt exist inside.

Unless we purify the self first, we cannot take action in the external world without being hypocrites.

--------------------

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #3130353 - 09/13/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Glad this thread was able to help you out.  I still love reading this forum even though I'm done actively seeking answers.

To answer your question about being blinded by it - I'm an empath, so I'm always aware of the world's negativity, but I did get so caught up in my spiritual quest that I lost sight of things in my own life, like working & paying bills. :grin:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Path *revisited* [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #3130392 - 09/13/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

exactly cosmic joke. That is the ticket. Its what I do now for the most part. In the begging, there were times in my oblivion I just couldn't drop my frequency. Now I am in control of it.

Where it gets tricky is when I do drop, sometimes I get stuck and forget that I can jack up again and then end up in negative wavelengths when I am on my own.

getting better with that too.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3130416 - 09/13/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

moon shoe,

That was awesome! Thanks for relating here. It feels good to know I'm not alone in this and how others are handleing it.

I think it is going to come down to mastering the ability to occupy your reality when it serves you and then shifting to occupy others when you want to serve them IN THERE's.

Basically, for the last year I have just been working on getting better control over this type of frequency shifting.

A part of me wants to be in oblivion 24/7 but its isolating. I wish everyone would just get there and then we could stay there all of the time.

My ultimate goal is to not have to shift, but to maintain awarness in both at the same time and be able to distinguish proper action relative to the two simultaneously.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3130464 - 09/13/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"I think it is going to come down to mastering the ability to occupy your reality when it serves you and then shifting to occupy others when you want to serve them IN THERE's. "

-brilliant man.

"A part of me wants to be in oblivion 24/7 but its isolating. I wish everyone would just get there and then we could stay there all of the time."

i wouldnt call it oblivion nescessarily, but i know what you mean. And dont worry , well all be there soon enough!

:grin:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3130502 - 09/13/04 04:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You know what I mean because you described it. For readers, it means that "problems from a problemed perspective" will be there, but in "oblivion" they arn't problems in the traditional sense. It's hard to explain what they are, but they arn't negative bad or wrong happenings. They are a part of what is and for the self, they are glorious ooportunities for creating greater experiences of self understanding, realization, empowerment, creativity, appreciation acceptance and forgiveness.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offline3eyes
Citizen of Earth
    #3130507 - 09/13/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hi getjiggywith it,

most of us are trapped within the thought we aren't free because of these limited concepts we are stuck with or grew up with.

Another challenge is overcoming the survival state system/consciousness that is programmed in our dna, some or most humans are experiencing right now.

3 eyes

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Path *revisited* [Re: 3eyes]
    #3130517 - 09/13/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've been talking a lot lately about DNA reprogramming here. There's a lot to be done. It's on going work.

Whats your insight into survival stuff to be reprogrammed. have you done any of it and what specifically did you do?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3131495 - 09/13/04 08:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Surrendering to a higher will, making it separate from my own is what I ultimately kept pushing away from me. I would start questioning free will stuff and think that if I am following the will of another then what the fuck good is my free will. I would start to feel like somethings pawn or puppet in someone else game plan and then get defiant.

The dreaded "free will" topic.  :grin:  Someone should go find Phluck's (or was it Sclorch's??) free will thread and drag it back up.  :lol:

I believe in free choice actually.  Even if I decide to follow God's will, I am still exhibiting my free will, or choice, in doing so.  I could also not follow His will. 

Sorry for what I'm about to post, but I can't help myself.  No free will at all.  I feel compelled.  :grin:

Spiritual Laws
from Essays: First Series (1841)

The simplicity of the universe is very different from the simplicity of a machine. He who sees moral nature out and out, and thoroughly knows how knowledge is acquired and character formed, is a pedant. The simplicity of nature is not that which may easily be read, but is inexhaustible. The last analysis can no wise be made.

We judge of a man's wisdom by his hope, knowing that the perception of the inexhaustibleness of nature is an immortal youth. The wild fertility of nature is felt in comparing our rigid names and reputations with our fluid consciousness.

We pass in the world for sects and schools, for erudition and piety, and we are all the time jejune babes. One sees very well how Pyrrhonism grew up. Every man sees that he is that middle point, whereof every thing may be affirmed and denied with equal reason. He is old, he is young, he is very wise, he is altogether ignorant. He hears and feels what you say of the seraphim, and of the tin-pedler.

There is no permanent wise man, except in the figment of the Stoics. We side with the hero, as we read or paint, against the coward and the robber; but we have been ourselves that coward and robber, and shall be again, not in the low circumstance, but in comparison with the grandeurs possible to the soul.

A little consideration of what takes place around us every day would show us, that a higher law than that of our will regulates events; that our painful labors are unnecessary, and fruitless; that only in our easy, simple, spontaneous action are we strong, and by contenting ourselves with obedience we become divine. Belief and love, ? a believing love will relieve us of a vast load of care.

O my brothers, God exists. There is a soul at the centre of nature, and over the will of every man, so that none of us can wrong the universe. It has so infused its strong enchantment into nature, that we prosper when we accept its advice, and when we struggle to wound its creatures, our hands are glued to our sides, or they beat our own breasts. The whole course of things goes to teach us faith. We need only obey.

There is guidance for each of us, and by lowly listening we shall hear the right word. Why need you choose so painfully your place, and occupation, and associates, and modes of action, and of entertainment? Certainly there is a possible right for you that precludes the need of balance and wilful election. For you there is a reality, a fit place and congenial duties. Place yourself in the middle of the stream of power and wisdom which animates all whom it floats, and you are without effort impelled to truth, to right, and a perfect contentment. Then you put all gainsayers in the wrong. Then you are the world, the measure of right, of truth, of beauty. If we will not be mar-plots with our miserable interferences, the work, the society, letters, arts, science, religion of men would go on far better than now, and the heaven predicted from the beginning of the world, and still predicted from the bottom of the heart, would organize itself, as do now the rose, and the air, and the sun.

I say, do not choose; but that is a figure of speech by which I would distinguish what is commonly called choice among men, and which is a partial act, the choice of the hands, of the eyes, of the appetites, and not a whole act of the man. But that which I call right or goodness is the choice of my constitution; and that which I call heaven, and inwardly aspire after, is the state or circumstance desirable to my constitution; and the action which I in all my years tend to do, is the work for my faculties.

We must hold a man amenable to reason for the choice of his daily craft or profession. It is not an excuse any longer for his deeds, that they are the custom of his trade. What business has he with an evil trade? Has he not a calling in his character.

Each man has his own vocation. The talent is the call. There is one direction in which all space is open to him. He has faculties silently inviting him thither to endless exertion. He is like a ship in a river; he runs against obstructions on every side but one; on that side all obstruction is taken away, and he sweeps serenely over a deepening channel into an infinite sea.

This talent and this call depend on his organization, or the mode in which the general soul incarnates itself in him. He inclines to do something which is easy to him, and good when it is done, but which no other man can do. He has no rival. For the more truly he consults his own powers, the more difference will his work exhibit from the work of any other. His ambition is exactly proportioned to his powers.

The height of the pinnacle is determined by the breadth of the base. Every man has this call of the power to do somewhat unique, and no man has any other call. The pretence that he has another call, a summons by name and personal election and outward "signs that mark him extraordinary, and not in the roll of common men," is fanaticism, and betrays obtuseness to perceive that there is one mind in all the individuals, and no respect of persons therein.

By doing his work, he makes the need felt which he can supply, and creates the taste by which he is enjoyed. By doing his own work, he unfolds himself. It is the vice of our public speaking that it has not abandonment. Somewhere, not only every orator but every man should let out all the length of all the reins; should find or make a frank and hearty expression of what force and meaning is in him.

The common experience is, that the man fits himself as well as he can to the customary details of that work or trade he falls into, and tends it as a dog turns a spit. Then is he a part of the machine he moves; the man is lost. Until he can manage to communicate himself to others in his full stature and proportion, he does not yet find his vocation. He must find in that an outlet for his character, so that he may justify his work to their eyes. If the labor is mean, let him by his thinking and character make it liberal. Whatever he knows and thinks, whatever in his apprehension is worth doing, that let him communicate, or men will never know and honor him aright. Foolish, whenever you take the meanness and formality of that thing you do, instead of converting it into the obedient spiracle of your character and aims.

We like only such actions as have already long had the praise of men, and do not perceive that any thing man can do may be divinely done. We think greatness entailed or organized in some places or duties, in certain offices or occasions, and do not see that Paganini can extract rapture from a catgut, and Eulenstein from a jews-harp, and a nimble-fingered lad out of shreds of paper with his scissors, and Landseer out of swine, and the hero out of the pitiful habitation and company in which he was hidden.

What we call obscure condition or vulgar society is that condition and society whose poetry is not yet written, but which you shall presently make as enviable and renowned as any. In our estimates, let us take a lesson from kings. The parts of hospitality, the connection of families, the impressiveness of death, and a thousand other things, royalty makes its own estimate of, and a royal mind will. To make habitually a new estimate, ? that is elevation.

What a man does, that he has. What has he to do with hope or fear? In himself is his might. Let him regard no good as solid, but that which is in his nature, and which must grow out of him as long as he exists. The goods of fortune may come and go like summer leaves; let him scatter them on every wind as the momentary signs of his infinite productiveness.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Path *revisited* [Re: Frog]
    #3131794 - 09/13/04 09:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That was cool! Why be sorry for posting it.

Here's the short on what just happened. I realised that if divine will is also my will because I am infused with it and nothing else and I prefer life when I surrender to the will of divine wisdom, then why not just surrender to my own so I could stop feeling like a pawn of anothers agenda.

It was that idea that had me putting up resistance that caused a struggling negative experience when I thought I was taking my will back and going my own way, without thinking to surrender to my own divine wisdom that is of me yet beyond my awareness.

I have been working on my complete soverenity as this was a major piece of puzzle to be fit in.

I brought up the idea of original sin being tied in because I beleive that it was programmed in to be healed. It's related to experiencing a separation from the one mind. Only, there is and never was anything sinful about it. The Bible paints a story that we rebelled from a God and separated ourselves from it.

I guess it was programmed in so we could resolve any guilt or fear or inferiority issues related to a complete individuation which was a concern of the souls wanting this.

I beleive that there are conscious beings that act in sync with the one mind. I beleive that some of them were given the choice to act independently from it.

I beleive that we came up with a way to forget we are a part of the one mind. The experience of re-membering our divinity as an individuated being brings us to a place of being able to act independently from the one mind.

i think this was done so the one mind could know what it was through seeing itself in a mirro. another reason, was that it could more efficeintly realise itself and potential by having more of itself thinking for itself.

I don't want to confuse anyone.

Welcome to my mind. LOL

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinehalfoz
Stranger
    #3135322 - 09/14/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What you are saying in a sense was right. Saying that you are a part of god is true, but saying that you are god is wrong because you are not. God didn't tell us to live as god , but rather to follow in his footsteps, not overcome them. If saying you are god it draws a comparison to lucifer. But God gave you the choice to decide what's right and what's wrong. What do you mean when you say the sun? I don't want to burn if that's what you are getting at.

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Loc: The fourth dimension
Re: The Spiritual Path *revisited* [Re: halfoz]
    #3135337 - 09/14/04 04:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I know that we are god, infinate fragments of all that is, here to experience all of it within the phyisical realm, to know ourselves experientialy. However we don't remember, this is by design. However we are waking up....

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Path *revisited* [Re: BlueOrb]
    #3135568 - 09/14/04 05:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

We are are own masters, and thus our own students. There is no other way to it. Even seeking external guidance is a form of internal mastery.

And yes, consciousness is fading in as the lack of it fades out. We are beginning to truly know ourselves and the power of this is unbelievable :smile:

--------------------

Offline3eyes
Citizen of Earth
    #3139608 - 09/15/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hi getjiggywithit

Yes DNA programming is ongoing work.

Survival is about the focus of conformity, that i see as a limited belief in my mind. Because the earth is ascending and moving to higher dimensions, some of us will moving along as well. In saying this, it won't be about survival anymore but into the mind soul state instead.

Yes i'm working on it.
At the moment, I'm using music, images, symbols and philosophy to do just that.

3 Eyes

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: The Spiritual Path *revisited* [Re: halfoz]
    #3139703 - 09/15/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"but saying that you are god is wrong because you are not."

Im not The god. I am a part of god, but within each part is contained the whole. As above so below. I am the God of my own reality , its just a matter of if i make concious use of that or not.

"God didn't tell us to live as god , but rather to follow in his footsteps, not overcome them."

God told you that? which God? allah? Jehovah? shiva? ganesh?

The god that i am talking about is not an enity, is without gender or personality. As soon as you ascribe any specific traits to god (besides infinite and eternal) you are no longer talking about god, but rather about a myth figure. And because God has no personality, he doesnt 'tell' us anything, in the way of instruction or direction. His only command is Do what thou will. And this command he ensures we will follow simply by creating us with desires, capabilities and free will.

"If saying you are god it draws a comparison to lucifer. But God gave you the choice to decide what's right and what's wrong. "
Exactly, meaning nothin i can do is ever wrong, unless i myself feel guilty about it. And lucifer gets a bad rap for no real reason, his myth is poorly understood. Either way i dont care what i can be compared to, im not working out of the old testament here man!

"What do you mean when you say the sun? I don't want to burn if that's what you are getting at. " the sun is a metaphor for god, the source. You will burn in the sense that the 'you' you are refering to (the ego) is dissolved instantaneously when you are reunited with god. but it wont hurt.

--------------------

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3139909 - 09/15/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Excellent post Moonshoe, and those are my exact views of the 'God' issue. I especially liked how you included each seperated fraction contains the whole, which is the utterly amazing effect of the infinite universe :smile:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3140010 - 09/15/04 06:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Those are my views too Moonshoe. Excellent reply to those comments indeed! Thanks for sharing it!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder