Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Peat, Vermiculite, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineColby
journeyman
Thank you all!
    #3124917 - 09/12/04 03:50 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Just like to say thank you all that help me out with what I needed now I can't keep up with them. They grow so fast now that I have it down right next I am going to try casing any tips want to let me know thanks for the help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

Re: Thank you all! [Re: Colby]
    #3125076 - 09/12/04 05:03 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Glad you were highly successful. I don't know if I answered any of your questions before but if I did, you're welcome.

For casing just read up on it in this section, especially Casing 101 since it has good pics of the basics of using cakes to make a casing. That's probably a good first one to follow too unless you modify it by using a 50/50 casing mix (half verm and half coco coir - instead of all verm).

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #3125110 - 09/12/04 05:29 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

50/50 is usually verm and peat unless coir is specified.

I would use plain verm for your casing the first time around. It is more resistant to contams and requires no mixing or pHing.

-FF

OfflineSpudz76
Male

Re: Thank you all! [Re: fastfred]
    #3125149 - 09/12/04 06:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Aha, thanks for the correction.  I though 50/50 was verm/coir because so many people use that rather than peat since it's already neutral and doesn't need a pH adjustment so you don't need lime/shells.  In which case I'd expect it to be called "49.9/49.9/0.2" mix. :lol:

OfflineColby
journeyman
    #3125153 - 09/12/04 06:21 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks I try it today most likely.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Thank you all! [Re: Spudz76]
    #3125186 - 09/12/04 06:50 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Spudz76 said:
Aha, thanks for the correction.  I though 50/50 was verm/coir because so many people use that rather than peat since it's already neutral and doesn't need a pH adjustment so you don't need lime/shells.  In which case I'd expect it to be called "49.9/49.9/0.2" mix. :lol:

It's usually just called 50/50+ rather than "49.9/49.9/0.2".

-FF

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3125211 - 09/12/04 07:09 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You need to stop taking people so literally fred.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Thank you all! [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3125223 - 09/12/04 07:27 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

What does "BUFU" stand for?

-FF

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3125269 - 09/12/04 08:24 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

lol, Buy Us Fuck You. Its from a movie.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3125273 - 09/12/04 08:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

"Buy Us Fuck You" what movie is that from and what does it mean?

-FF

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3125284 - 09/12/04 08:42 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ever heard of FUBU. It was a brand of clothing. Not really sure what it stood for. The movie was How High. Characters in the movie made up there own company. And there you have it.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3125316 - 09/12/04 09:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting, thanks. Sorry for the bad rating BTW, but I'm just returning the favor. You really need to check your info before you start disputing facts. And to then give me a bad rating because of your misinformation is just not cool.

-FF

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3125326 - 09/12/04 09:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Man i have a degree in medicine. And yes the aids virus has the potential and is small enough to pass through a latex condom. Sorry this jacked your thread.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Edited by hawksapprentice (09/12/04 09:31 AM)

OfflineSpudz76
Male

#3125333 - 09/12/04 09:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:drama:

:cussing:

:whack:

:cussing:

:chainsaw:

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Thank you all! [Re: Spudz76]
    #3125346 - 09/12/04 09:55 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Very, very sorry to jack the thread... hawksapprentice just because the pope says something doesn't make it true. Here is what a doctor has to say about it.

Dr. Bob

WHAT ARE YOUR COMMENTS REGARDING THE STATEMENT FROM THE VATICAN???PLEASE Posted: Oct 19, 2003 Hello Doctor Bob, I am very worried with the declaration that comes from the Vatican regarding condoms. The say that it was proved that condoms don't protect agains HIV virus once the virus is about 400 times smaller than the semen, thus letting it pass through the condom. Have you read this article/study?....I am VERY affraid because I am used to make oral sex, and sometimes anal sex, using condoms...Is this study reliable?...Does it make sense that condoms are not 100 safe? I would appreciate very much to get a reply from your side !!!! Many thanks in advance !!!!

Hello,

What do I think about the Vatican's recent statements that HIV can pass through latex condoms? Well, I find it curious that these dudes in their red dresses and funny hats, who have sworn themselves to a life of celibacy, are even studying this, but let's put that aside for a moment. If they have documented HIV passing through latex condoms, it would have to be a "miracle," because scientifically it's just not possible. But then again, these guys aren't scientists, now are they? The World Health Organization and virtually every other scientific organization has condemned the Vatican's comments as being complete nonsense. Remember, the Vatican doesn't even want you using condoms for birth control, so you can just imagine what they think about anal sex for pleasure! I think that since the scientists of the world, including The World Health Organization, do not try to teach the Pope how to say Mass, he shouldn't try to conduce sex research! For instance, I for one haven't a clue how he manages that wine into blood maneuver, or the dry bread wafer becoming the body of Christ. Perhaps if we scientists checked out his experiments, we'd come to different conclusions than what he believes. The Vatican has a right to its beliefs (delusional as some of them may be), but those beliefs belong in church with the other pomp and circumstance from bygone eras, not in 21st Century medicine and scientific fact. You have no cause for alarm. The Vatican is wrong and has been told so in no uncertain terms. They may not want to "believe" it, but they really can't change scientific fact, no matter how many candles they light and ridiculous statements they make. So just consider the source, my friend. You wouldn't go to a proctologist if you had a question about a toothache, right? So why go to the Vatican if you have a question about sex? Stay safe and you'll stay well. We'll all say a prayer that the Vatican comes to its senses soon. But don't hold your breath, unless you believe in miracles!

Dr. Bob

Again, sorry for jacking the thread, but I just can't stand it when people who don't know what they are talking about openly dispute me without checking their information and give me a bad rating because of that misinformation.

P.S. I also posted it because it's important and someone could be killed by aids for following this dangerous misinformation.

-FF

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3125374 - 09/12/04 10:13 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Fred, when you cite a reference like this, please post the link
Dr.Bob can be just like many other 'online' sex advice doctors
and have no degree what so ever... most doctors are willing to
provide their full name and title, both of which are not
provided here

link plese so that we can check 'Dr. Bobs' credentials,

OfflineSpudz76
Male

Re: Thank you all! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3125377 - 09/12/04 10:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
BOB [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3125378 - 09/12/04 10:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: BOB [Re: Anno]
    #3125392 - 09/12/04 10:25 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks Gentlemen

aparently the Doctor is a bit misleading in refering to the aids virus passing through a condom as a miricle

Quote:

ABSTRACT
The consistent use of latex condoms continues to be advocated for primary prevention of HIV infection despite limited quantative evidence regarding effectiveness of condoms blocking the sexual transmission of HIV. Although recent meta-analyses of condom effectiveness suggest that condoms are 60to 70% effective when used for HIV prophylaxis, these studies do not isolate consistent condom use, and therefore provide only a lower bound on the true effectiveness of correct and consistent condom use. A reexamination of HIV seroconversion studies suggests that condoms are 90 to 95% effective when used consistently, i.e. consistent condom users are 10 to 20 times less likely to become infected when exposed to the virus than are inconsistent or non-users. Similar results are obtained utilising model-based estimation techniques, which indicate that condoms decrease the per-contact probability of male to female transmission of HIV by about 95%. Though imperfect, condoms provide substantial protection against HIV infection. Condom promotion therefore remains an important international priority in the fight against AIDS.

http://www.salud.gob.mx/conasida/preven/condon/pinker01.htm

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: BOB [Re: Anno]
    #3125394 - 09/12/04 10:26 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry for not posting the link... Thanks for posting it Spudz.

Hawksapprentice, what was your medical degree in? I hope it has nothing to do with STDs or viral illnesses.

I'm not trying to belittle anyone here, I'm just trying to save lives.

-FF

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Peat, Vermiculite, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation