Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
masking smells
    #3122411 - 09/11/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i know weed can get real smelly when grown. i was thinking of letting it grow on it's own outside. would not be hard to cover visualy, but the smell. i potted a ton of mint plants, and have lots of other kinds of plants around. i just figured i would use my little jiffy pot nursery to sprout the weed plant any good ones into a long potter, and feed it like the rest of the plants.. do you think the tons of mint would help mask the smell? i am not growing super chron or anything i am just using seeds from decent shwag weed over the years.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: masking smells [Re: kontron]
    #3122483 - 09/11/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i personally dont notice mint on it own. it usually has to be crushed or brushed. also when people are out in the woods and smell mint, chances are tehy will check it out...i always do. if its jsut a few plants i wouldnt even worry about it. mine dont stink up at all more than 10 feet away. i think the best would be by a marsh, marshes stink up pretty good and would probably hide the pot smell...unless its a big plot.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
Re: masking smells [Re: kadakuda]
    #3123350 - 09/11/04 06:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

it wont be huge. no marshes in southern cali. i dont think there will be more then 3 or 4.. if that.. not going to get taller then 6' i guess..

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3123464 - 09/11/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

then not much of a problem. but once they flower i dont think there is a plant on this earth that is easily going to be able to cover that stank! which is sometimes why people bring them indoors when budding, that and its too wet.

--------------------

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3123500 - 09/11/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I heard lavender plants give off a pretty strong smell (not a bad smell) that could help cover up the MJ smell. But really, if your growing outdoors then you don't have to worry that much about the smell. I mean, you can smell them a few feet away, but usually not far away. So yeah, I would just suggest planting some plants that give off a strong smell.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: masking smells [Re: theocean06]
    #3124608 - 09/12/04 12:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

any of the lavendar varieties that i grow wouldnt come close to coverng the smell unfortunatly. they do smell nice, but it is not a string or dominating one. the problem with the idea to plant scented plants to cover it up outside is that those that are used to cover it up are gonna give teh site away more than the weed. your absolute best bet if only a few plants is just leave them. i dont know your climate, but i have only had to check mine 3 times in 2 months...makes everything run smoother.

--------------------

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#3124765 - 09/12/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

basil can get smelling very strong, plus they naturally ward off some insects. and it grows pretty fast with alot of sun. they can get kind of tall too. vegetating mint doesn't really eminate a smell unless you get real close to it...

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds