Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Fallujah: an Iraqi Beslan
    #3123692 - 09/11/04 10:22 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

If Terrorism Isn't Video-taped, It Doesn't Exist

Fallujah: an Iraqi Beslan
By MIKE WHITNEY

Everybody talks about mercy,
But they don't know the meaning of the word.

Mose Allison

Fallujah is an Iraqi Beslan. The only difference is that the cameras aren't rolling.

The city of 500,000 is being held hostage by an American leadership who doesn't mind shedding the blood of innocent civilians to achieve their broader political goals. That is the very definition of terrorism.

Since, the Marines were rebuffed last April in a three week siege that killed an estimated 650 Iraqis, the military has repeatedly bombed sections of Falluja using the spurious claim of targeting terrorist "safe houses." Every incident involved the wanton destruction of personal property and the loss of innocent life.

These attacks are part of larger "psy-ops" (psychological operation) strategy that requires the long-term terrorizing of the population to make them more compliant to American wishes. Certainly, the Chechen rebels should be taking notes if they want to truly grasp the subtleties of a well-managed terrorist procedure.

If terrorism is not recorded on video, it doesn't exist. This is the "great lesson" that the Dept of Defense gleaned from our involvement in Vietnam. Nothing was learned about the moral depravity of killing 3 million people and poisoning their land in a blatant act of aggression. No, the lesson of Vietnam was simply to keep the killing and maiming off American TVs.

As a result, Iraq has become a war on information every bit as much as a war for vital resources. The reporting has been so meticulously sanitized that it bears no resemblance to the real horror we are unleashing against a defenseless civilian population.

It should surprise no one that Al Jazeera was expelled from Iraq. Their coverage has been a major departure from the Pentagon narrative that fills the pages of the New York Times and Washington Post. Rather than provide apologetics for the hostilities, they have focused their gaze on the suffering of normal people; people living without power or clean water, people dealing with the daily struggle of living in a war zone, people digging their family members out of the ruins of a smoldering building.

This level of truth is anathema to the objectives of the empire. As Beslan proves, it is impossible to carry on a campaign of terror under the scrutiny of a camera lens.

Besides, America doesn't perpetrate terrorism. Our efforts in Iraq are purely altruistic. We have come to "liberate"; to bring democracy to unwashed natives of a primitive third world backwater and remove the scourge of WMD from a crazed tyrant.

Nonsense. The fear that engulfed Beslan, now cuts a wide swath through Iraq enveloping everyone within its vice-like grip. Falluja is just the most recent chapter in this campaign of terror.

http://www.counterpunch.org/whitney09112004.html

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Fallujah: an Iraqi Beslan [Re: Zahid]
    #3123732 - 09/11/04 10:35 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

We're not killing them. The Muslims are killing each other. The coalition troops aren't killing anyone. The Muslims are using them to commit suicide with because Muslims believe that dying during their imaginary jihad struggle guarantees they will automaticly go to paradise bypassing judgement. The Islamic terrorists and insurgents hide among the civilians so that's why you get civilian casualties. 99% of the civilians are killed by the Islamic terrorists and insurgents and then are blamed on westerners. Absolute proof is right here:

http://home.ripway.com/2003-11/39191/Mark%20Gabriel/Chapter4.pdf

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Fallujah: an Iraqi Beslan [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3123754 - 09/11/04 10:40 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

You have no say in this, you're a puppet. Be gone.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Fallujah: an Iraqi Beslan [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3123779 - 09/11/04 10:50 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Great_Satan said:
We're not killing them. The Muslims are killing each other. The coalition troops aren't killing anyone.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=denial

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Fallujah: an Iraqi Beslan [Re: silversoul7]
    #3123846 - 09/11/04 11:11 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

That first step is a doosy.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3123918 - 09/11/04 11:40 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3123923 - 09/11/04 11:41 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3124815 - 09/12/04 03:26 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Your post is silly. The US bomb Fallujah because they pussied out when they had a chance to putdown the terrorist insurgents. Instead they gave them full control over the city and now the only way the coalition can do anything about the terrorists that live there is to lob bombs at them from a distance.
The Coalition is not attempting to terrorize those citizens to make them bow down to imperial might. That is absolute bullshit. There are terrorists in that city that are killing thousands of Iraqis and Americans. They are the enemy of the Coalition and the Iraqi people and thus we have to fight them. End of story.

Comparing soldiers who are fighting against terrorist that blow up busses and demolish their own country, to terrorists themselves who kill innocent children is fucking retarded. Who ever wrote that must have been held back a couple times. Total idiocy.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #3124837 - 09/12/04 03:30 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Zahid,

I've been meaning to ask you, do you think that Al Sadir is a noble fighter?

What do you think about him taking refuge in a holy shrine, knowing full well he was endangering that shrine with his presence?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Fallujah: an Iraqi Beslan [Re: Skikid16]
    #3124911 - 09/12/04 03:48 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I consider Al-Sadr a freedom fighter.

As for the Shrine, I think he could have chosen a better base of operations - but he is using it to rally Shia Muslims to jihad, so he is using it for a good cause. The masjid is not being abused.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Fallujah: an Iraqi Beslan [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3124920 - 09/12/04 03:51 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

More people died by American bombs in Iraq than 9-11. More children in Iraq have died by U.S. bombs than Beslan.

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#3124948 - 09/12/04 04:03 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

I consider Al-Sadr a freedom fighter.

As for the Shrine, I think he could have chosen a better base of operations - but he is using it to rally Shia Muslims to jihad, so he is using it for a good cause. The masjid is not being abused.

Interesting....I mean, I think its fucked up that he brought the fighting to the shrine, but the whole situation is fucked up over there.

Quote:

More children in Iraq have died by U.S. bombs than Beslan.

Which is horrible.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Fallujah: an Iraqi Beslan [Re: Skikid16]
    #3125015 - 09/12/04 04:33 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Interesting....I mean, I think its fucked up that he brought the fighting to the shrine, but the whole situation is fucked up over there.

But if you look at it, the Shrine is also in a strategic location from what I understand.. as a unit, the Mehdi army's unit of operation is to secure Najaf from the Coalition Troops. I am critical of Sadr though. I think he is doing a poor job at organizing his resistance to take Najaf. The Sunni mujahids had absolutely no problem getting most of Fallujah. It has been under control for so long by Iraqi mujahids that foreign Muslims are now going directly to the city to get themselves organized to fight, and Shariah is now being implemented in the streets.

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #3125274 - 09/12/04 08:34 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I am just glad that the opposition is gathering up in specific places so that we can kill them. It is a great opportunity. Open up the borders and let people come from all over the Muslim world to fight. We need to slaughter them, might as well do it now in just a few places. It is a lot more difficult when these fuckers try to blend into the backround than when they want to stand and fight.

I liken Fallujah to Tet in Vietnam. The press gets in a big hissy fit over it, but from a military standpoint it is the best thing that could possibly happen. You want your enemy to identify himself so that he can be eliminated. They talk about how our actions have increased the number of terrorists, but you don't see terrorist attacks at the Olympics or on US soil. It seems as if most of the terrorists have been drawn to Iraq. What a great place to kill them. I am all for it.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Fallujah: an Iraqi Beslan [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3125663 - 09/12/04 01:01 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

I liken Fallujah and Najaf to Jalalabad and Kandahar through the Afghan war in the 80's.

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#3127011 - 09/12/04 09:55 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

But if you look at it, the Shrine is also in a strategic location from what I understand.. as a unit, the Mehdi army's unit of operation is to secure Najaf from the Coalition Troops.

Yeah its strategic because it puts America in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. I mean, if American missles were to destroy the shrine, there would be a Muslim outcry, but American soldiers didn't bring the fighting there, Sadr and his medie army did.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3127054 - 09/12/04 10:08 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

AL-SADR TRIES TO BRING BACK SADAMS TORTURE CHAMBERS

It did not take long for some Iraq peice of garbage to reinstitute Sadams torture chambers.
This time in the name of Islam.

Quote:
Ex-Detainees Describe Al-Sadr's Court

By MARIAM FAM
.c The Associated Press

NAJAF, Iraq (AP) - The last time Hadi saw his brother, his hands were tied behind his back and blood was running down his swollen face.

They were both prisoners at a religious court operated by the office of rebel Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, accused of helping foreign troops. Hadi, who asked that only his first name be used because he fears retribution, was released after six days. Five months later, his brother is still missing.

``Enough!'' Hadi heard his brother, Abdul Salam, plead with his captors. ``By Hussein, don't hit me anymore,'' he said, invoking the name of a revered Shiite saint. The jailers didn't stop, Hadi said.

A symbol of the power al-Sadr's followers once wielded here, the court stopped functioning when the cleric's militia returned control of Najaf's Old City to Iraqi police late last month. Many residents - too scared to talk about the court in the past - are now sharing horror stories of its work.

To al-Sadr's aides, the court and others they ran elsewhere under its auspices were an attempt to apply their interpretation of Islamic justice to a lawless society, but they say all have been shut down. To many people in Najaf, the court was the arm that the militia used to terrorize people who opposed it.

Many outsiders heard about the Najaf court for the first time when television stations beamed images of at least 13 bodies that police said were found after many of al-Sadr's militiamen left last month.

Eager to discredit al-Sadr and his group, police said the bodies were victims of the court's summary justice. The cleric's aides insisted the corpses were people who died during the fighting in Najaf. Like many details of those weeks of violence, the true story of the bodies was probably buried with them.

Najaf's police chief, Maj. Gen. Ghalib al-Jazaari, said Wednesday only two of the dead were identified before burial and they were policemen, one of whom had his eyes gouged out. The other bodies included a woman and a child, and many showed signs of torture, he said.

On Friday, about 1,000 protesters marched through Najaf's old quarter Friday to demand that the Iraqi government investigate the court and punish those in charge of it. They also demanded that al-Sadr leave Najaf.

Chanting, ``Muqtada, the trash, is a leader of looters,'' the demonstrators walked past buildings hit by three weeks of fighting and insisted that al-Sadr's office be shut down. Iraqi soldiers kept the protesters from marching to al-Sadr's office.

Sheik Ali Smeisim, an aide to al-Sadr, said the demonstration was an attempt to create tension.

``We were expecting such things,'' he said. ``Whenever there is a chance for peaceful solutions, some people hold protests to escalate the situation.''

In its heyday, the court issued accreditation to foreign journalists. Women swathed in black squatted in a narrow alley outside the two-story, dust-covered tan building to ask about detained relatives.

Plaintiffs could file complaints with the court, whose turbaned judges ruled on family issues and personal disputes. People accused of theft, drinking alcohol or selling CDs deemed immoral were dragged there by al-Sadr's militiamen.

Militants also often snatched police, seen as collaborators with the Americans, and sometimes civilians who dared criticize al-Sadr or disobey his loyalists, residents said.

Najaf's more senior Shiite leaders refrained from interfering with al-Sadr. Some feared creating divisions in the Shiite community while others failed to act out of respect for al-Sadr's father, a prominent Shiite cleric murdered by suspected Saddam agents in 1999.

In Iran, a senior cleric, Sheik Hassan Hosseini, said Sunday that al-Sadr's image had been blackened in part by the religious court.

``The excesses that Muqtada al-Sadr and his group carried out in Najaf, and the catastrophe of the religious court, provoked the anger of Muslims and Shiite leaders,'' said Hosseini, a lecturer at Iran's Qom Seminary.

Al-Sadr's aides maintain they set up the court to apply God's words.

``We came to serve the people and not hurt them,'' said Hashim Abu Regheef, a court official. ``People used to come to the religious court because here their needs were met,'' unlike state courts, he added.

Many of those held by the court disagree.

``These are lies, lies, lies,'' said Muslim al-Senobli. ``By God, they are monsters.''

Al-Senobli said he was taken to the court on unfounded accusations of helping police. ``They destroyed me,'' he said, punching the air with his fists to mimic his jailers, adding he was released only after his tribe threatened to cause al-Sadr's followers problems.

Militiamen deny abusing prisoners, though some acknowledge flogging was one of the sentences meted out by the court. They also say the court never sentenced offenders to death, but al-Senobli and others say they know people who died from torture.

Hadi said he was taken by militiamen who mistook him for his brother, who catered food for Iraqi government forces undergoing training. His brother was detained later.

Hadi said he was taken to the basement and beaten by five men with electrical cables and iron rods. ``You are an agent of the Americans,'' he said they yelled. ``You give the Americans alcohol.''

He said he fell to the ground, blood gushing from his head as the beating continued. ``Kill me and save me from this,'' he told the men.

Eventually, Hadi said, he was carried to a tiny room and locked inside. He lay on the floor in pain for six days. He said he heard cries of pain from other prisoners.

On the seventh day, Hadi said, he was led to a room where a turbaned cleric sat cross-legged on the floor. The judge told Hadi, whose face was bruised and robe stained with blood, that no beatings took place in the court and that he should be grateful he was alive. He was then driven to his house and warned to keep quiet.

Many like Hadi don't know the fate of loves ones.

A man interrupted a recent news conference by Najaf's governor and U.S. officials talking about rebuilding the violence-ravaged city.

``What about the fate of those missing, such as my son?'' demanded the man, Fadhil Hijab, his hands shaking. He said militiamen snatched his son, a police officer, from home four months ago and took him to the religious court.

``If he's alive, I want him,'' he told the officials. ``If he's dead, I still want him

http://forum.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?t=3847

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3127085 - 09/12/04 10:15 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion