Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Vitamin C potentiates tripping? (Official FAQ thread)
    #618625 - 04/25/02 05:43 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Yo.. is this true? Whats the deal with vitamin c while tripping.. please explain ;[

Edit: I made the thread title a little better...

Edited by Annom (05/05/05 10:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #618679 - 04/25/02 06:41 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: Alien]
    #619020 - 04/26/02 01:10 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

most people don't get a good amount of vitamin c, because they are so full of meat, that they don't eat fruit. So when people dose shrooms, and vitamin c, there body is completely full of vitamins they have never seen, so of course vitamin c will potentiate the trip for you , unless you already eat a balanced amount of vitamin c, in that case I doubt it will do anything for you. Maybe you should just keep some fresh oranges ready for when you hunger during the trip.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: ] * 1
    #619332 - 04/26/02 10:15 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

chewing yummy vit C pills while tripping can cause a flavor explosion in your head :wink: sorta fun... maybe even some synesthesia...
and the ascorbic acid can make some chems more soluble (by forming salts or esters. etc...)
and excess vit C will tend to "quench free radicals" --- which can maybe eliminate some of the "toxic" feelings some folks get from stressors...
purina monkey chow is required by law to supply lab primates with several grams of vitamin C per day... but the feds say that humans only need like 100 milligrams vit C per day... prollu most folks would be a good deal better off if they managed a few grams vit C in their diet...
and tripping sometimes does let you sorta "tune in" to your body, so you may notice how good you feel when ascorbic acid levels in your body approach optimax...
ymmv...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: gnrm23]
    #640129 - 05/22/02 07:14 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

In Amsterdam they give you a small pack of High potency Vitamin C tabs with a shroom purchase. They tell you to eat the Vit. C if you wanna come down from shrooms. They claim it takes only 15 minutes to get back to normal again. I never tried it; who wants to kill the best experience in your life?????

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: ]
    #640134 - 05/22/02 07:17 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

It will kill your trip! Just drinking orange juce will reduce your trip level.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineUnderTheRose
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: Left Nut City]
    #3121909 - 09/11/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"High potency vitamin c pills"

LOL. Is that genetically engineered vitamin c?
perhaps you could smoke some of it along some shrooms to create
an inverse shrooming experience. Whatever that may be...
:smile:

OfflineMXNR
Did the Mushroom choose you?
Male

Loc: MARS
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: Anonymous]
    #3122456 - 09/11/04 01:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

All I know, is that I LOVE oranges while tripping! My friends and myself determined that if we could grow an orchard of Orange trees and have an infinate supply of shrooms, we'd be set for life! All of this occured while tripping of course.

But I think I do notice my trip decrease after ingestion of a few oranges. I think it's best to not eat anything and let the Mushies OWN your stomach if you want to trip the most.

--------------------
Master: Everyday change your clothes and eat your food and you will become enlightened.

Pupil: Master, I do not understand...

Master: If you don't understand, eat your food and change your clothes.

OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: Ripple]
    #3122717 - 09/11/04 03:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I dont agree at all. The hardest trip ever I drank like a half gallon of orange juice before I ate my shrooms.

--------------------
So Im packing my bags for the mysty mountains where the spirits go.

OfflineMetatrad

#3123212 - 09/11/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

So much contradictory information...

Is it one of those things thats just up to interpretation?

OfflineMXNR
Did the Mushroom choose you?
Male

Loc: MARS
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: Metatrad]
    #3123431 - 09/11/04 07:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The jury is very much closed on this topic. If anyone does a very quick search, they will witness the myth being debunked. This is an old wives tale.

First hand accounts mean nothing. You will hear a lot of people say, "I dont agree at all. The hardest trip ever I drank like a half gallon of orange juice before I ate my shrooms." or some such thing, but it signifies zip.

For one, the placebo effect is HUGE and has been documented thorughly. Secondly, how can one ever know what the trip would have been like if they hadn't taken the OJ? Maybe it would have been WAY MORE INTENSE if they hadn't but anything in their stomach at all. But because every dose/batch of shrooms varies greatly in potency, no reliable experiments could never be held in that manner. Only chemical analysis would do the trick.

For the most intense shroom digestion/experience, make sure your tum-tum is empty so your stomach gobbles up the magic real quick-like. Simple as that.

--------------------
Master: Everyday change your clothes and eat your food and you will become enlightened.

Pupil: Master, I do not understand...

Master: If you don't understand, eat your food and change your clothes.

OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: MXNR]
    #3124102 - 09/11/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think I ate tainted shrooms that night . I have never tripped that hard on shrooms. I kept staggering around and mumbling "it was the orange juice, it had to be the orange juice".

--------------------
So Im packing my bags for the mysty mountains where the spirits go.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: MXNR]
    #3125258 - 09/12/04 06:06 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MXNR said:
The jury is very much closed on this topic. If anyone does a very quick search, they will witness the myth being debunked. This is an old wives tale.

Hardly... Vit C stops the oxidation of psilocin! If more psilocin makes you trip harder than so will vit C.

If you are just taking vit C then it might not do too much, but if you add it to your blended shroom juice mixture it will stop the blueing and thus make you trip harder.

-FF

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: Left Nut City]
    #3125261 - 09/12/04 06:08 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nothinghealz said:
In Amsterdam they give you a small pack of High potency Vitamin C tabs with a shroom purchase. They tell you to eat the Vit. C if you wanna come down from shrooms. They claim it takes only 15 minutes to get back to normal again. I never tried it; who wants to kill the best experience in your life?????

That's absurd. Quite the opposite is true in fact.

Invisiblesever
Where am I?
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? *DELETED* [Re: AhHaHaHa]
    #3130045 - 09/13/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

~

Edited by sever (07/17/06 04:12 PM)

OfflineSin Bad
Mushroom Man

Loc: Japan
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: sever]
    #3132218 - 09/13/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

So.. we appear to be no closer to knowing if Vit C. potentiates, alleviates, or does jack shit to a trip.

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: Sin Bad]
    #3132283 - 09/13/04 10:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Dr. Gonzo: "Vitamin C. We need all we can get."

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
    #3133815 - 09/14/04 10:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe the shop offering the Vit C pills to bring you down were hevily relieing on the placebo effect, or maybe they have there own view on Vit C. Just because a shop tells you it brings you down doesent mean it does. It's no different than a person on the street telling you the same. From personal experiace i have tripped hard and light using vitimin C. I do nto hold the Vit C. Resesponsible for the trip intensity. Vitimin C isnt a threat to your trip but it might be a little boost. But i wudnt hold Vit C responsible for any outcome of a trip.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3139079 - 09/15/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think those shops handing out vitamin c with shrooms are cool, because they can't be persuasive enough as to how shrooms can rock your world and how some people might not like it, and they rely on the placebo effect so that new shroomers don't get too bad of a trip.

and IMO, eating some vitamin C before the trip can have a slight positive aspect on the trip, but eating during the trip is either neutral or it decreases it a little bit.

the day of my trip, i like to wake up and take a vitamin c pill you can suck (tastes pretty good BTW), not eat anything else during the whole day, and have a bit of OJ and chocolate with my shrooms.

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Vitamin c potentiates tripping..? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3463762 - 12/08/04 09:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This will be the thread for discussing the effect of vitamin C on a trip. I'll quote some good posts of shroomerites from other threads to make one thread with all the information and opinions.

Quote:

djd586 said:
I used to do the shrooms blended up in OJ thing. It's all fine and good, but I can't stand to consume that concoction anymore. It works fine, and hits you fast. I find the nausea to be a bit much. And you'll burp up this orange shroomy taste throughout your trip.

As for the vitamin C thing. Most claim it just to be a palcibo effect. I stick by that theory as well. But none-the-less, it's not going to hurt you to pop some vitamin C or drink some OJ with your shrooms. It never hurts to give your body a little extra vitimin C now does it.

I think the best way to go is with a Tea. You really can't miss that way. And you can always mix in some vitamin C if it makes you feel better.

Quote:

supernova said:
Here is my theory on OJ. Vitamin C has nothing to do with it. Think about how most people's trips go. You don't eat for a couple hours before you trip. You can't eat for a couple hours after you start tripping. You may have gone 4 or 5 hours without eating when you get to the peak of your trip. Another hour or two and you're coming down. Now it has been 6 or 7 hours since eating. Your blood sugar level is depressed. You guzzle a pint of OJ. Orange juice is packed with natural sugar. Your blood sugar level shoots up, and you get a buzz. The buzz from the sugar is exponentially elevated by the magic of the shrooms. Chocolate does the same thing, probably being a combo of the sugar and caffiene in chocolate. Some people say the OJ thing is a myth, but years of experience tell me that the myth is based on fact, and the fact is that something happens. This may not be the same if you have been chomping on stuff prior to and during your trip.

Quote:

wietstocker said:
Many of the dutch smartshops claim that sugar and vitamin c actually bring you down from tripping, and that if at any time you are uncomfortable and want it to stop, to eat or drink something sweet.

Quote:

CuckoosNest said:
you hear mixed results because all the Vitamin C (or OJ) does is add a placebo effect. People, myself included, seem to have had some amazing trips while injesting mushrooms with OJ (covers up the taste quite well too, even though it does not bother me) even though the vitamin c does not add to the effects. So if you have the idea in your mind that the vitamin c is going to intensify the trip, then it just may. However, I think we can just chalk up another one for the sugar pill.

Quote:

SouthernGent said:
hell i dont know either lol.. i always blend shrooms up with some pure grape juice and slurp em down.. it sure dont hurt a trip... most of what i d heard here and read in other places is bullshit anyway .. i take em and eat one them also.. i ve had up to 4 grams of PR and 3.5 grams TC in two seperate doses and i ve never really had visuals either ..i defineately trip but it mainly makes me wanna cover up and just watch tv...LOL.. maybe its just me or I m doing something wrong.

Quote:

Organic said:
I almost always break up my shrooms into small pieces and mix them with some OJ. It hits so incredibly hard this way, I think the acidity helps the psilocybin absorb very quickly into your body. Not recommended if you are prone to bad trips (the peak will be over pretty quickly, but it will be intense).

I've never noticed Vit C making a difference with psychedelics except MDMA, which it notably made the experience *feel* easier on the mind (maybe the antioxidant properties of vit c...)...ymmv

Quote:

thegoldenteacher said:
that was a pretty widespread rumor, the only way I can rationalize this rumor occuring is someone said that vitamen c helps you from getting burned out afterwards, and someone exxagerated this by saying oh less burn out....MORE FUCKED UP HALLUCINATIONS! yes! its a lie.<br><br>Originally no one is deluded.
<br>-bankei

Quote:

gnrm23 said:
also, the addition of vit C to shroom tea helps stop the water from turning so blue (prolly caused by oxidation and/or dimerization of the psiloc(yb)in molecules...)
<br>in your body, vit C may help "quench" free radicals(molecular "bad guys")<br><br>

Quote:

Dogomush said:
Well, this question is akin to ones like "is there a God?" in that there seems to be no way to prove to everybody that Vitammin C enhances the trip. Maybe it does.. maybe it doesn't.. if you think that it increased the trip on LSD, then you would probably think that it increases the trip on mushrooms too.

In my opinion there is no way to subjectively answer a question like this because as scientists have shown, there is great fluctuation of active chems in even one single mushroom. ie the bottom part of the stem is potent, but the top isn't or one section of thee cap is really potent whereas the rest isn't. So how can you possibly know that the vitamin C is actually enhancing the trip? You can't. If it does, it's too subtle. Want a non-subtle trip enhancer? Try Syrian rue. Research it first though, cause you gotta watch your diet.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds