Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
9/11 Already Forgotten
    #3122447 - 09/11/04 03:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I believe that most of the time we as human beings live in narrow conceptual realities of our own ego's construction. As a result we wallow in trite and meaningless activities and argue continiuosly for little reason.

Then every once in a while something so amazing, horrible or cataclysmic comes along that it completely shatters our shallows and self serving realities. These experiences are so powerful that they defy or conceptual and selfish thinking. 911 was one of those times. The horror of the event crushed all our mundane illusions about life and showed us unspeakable and ungraspable truth of our human lives.
After the attack we saw people drop their petty disputes and materialistic concerns and come together to help each other. The shock woke many out of their ego slumber and made them conscious of other people and the world beyond their selves. The country banded together and all the nievity we had before the attacks was gone. We saw the fragile nature of life and how the true value in it was to serve and help others in need.

Now, three years later it has mostly been lost. Sure the government, the news media and country still talks about 911, giving endless lipservice to the events, but the reality of those events outside of our mundane worldviews has died. Their 911 is only a hallow shell and a dirty reflection of the one we Americans lived through. Now 911 is nothing but a conceptual representation. Where it would have been unthinkable at the time, now we have all sorts of people pointing their fingers as to who among us was to blame for the attacks. We have people so removed from the monstrous truth of the events that they even speculate our own government was behind them. The unity that 911 created has now been fractured by individual selfishness and the conceptualization of it is now used as a political weapon by every side.

Many of us have already deconstructed the reality of that day to the point we once again believe that terrorism isn't real, and the War on Terrorism is only a ploy to steal our rights and conquer the globe. Today 911 is as unthinkable as it was on Sept. 10th 2001. With no new attacks to shake us out of our delusions Americans drift back into complaceny.

Though disturbed from our slumber, we have gone back to sleep. Once again our politics are filled with petty disputes and mudslinging. Once again people are divided into partisan camps driven by hatred. Television is filled with people making jackasses of themselves, and music is as shallow and contrived as it has ever been. Americans attempt to validate their lives with consumer culture, trash movies and fast food. Europe has revived its old grudges and complaints, the world has gone back to business as usual. The nation has drifted back into the profanity of the ego mind that devides, fights, blames, and craves only illusion and material things.

They can talk about remembering 911 all they want, but to most people it has already been forgotten. The 911 we experienced so vividly is now replaced by false image, a political talking point, an empty symbol in the ego's selfish and mundane reality. And we go on dreaming superficial dreams.

Edited by Divided_Sky (09/11/04 08:32 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: 9/11 Already Forgotten [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3122455 - 09/11/04 03:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ah yes, I long for the days when America was scared into giving up their civil liberties and blindly following president Bush, simply because he happened to be president during such a tragedy. :smirk:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3123158 - 09/11/04 07:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Al Gore 2008!

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #3123356 - 09/11/04 08:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

any of us have already deconstructed the reality of that day to the point we once again believe that terrorism isn't real, and the War on Terrorism is only a ploy to steal our rights and conquer the globe.

God forbid I don't obcess about terrorism and want to give my civil rights away to fight it.

Life goes on. Should we think about it over and over again to little remnants of sanity remain?

What you saw after 9/11,I viewed quite differently. Instead of people being kinder with each other,I saw a populace blood thirsty for revenge at whatever costs necessary. I saw peaceful Arab Americans get yelled at,distriminated against,and even beat. I saw the casual errosion of important civil liberties while everyone looked the other way. I witnessed hysteria never before seen.

Maybe it was a wake up call for you-the chaos and madness of that godawful day.But I already knew about the everyday struggle of people in the third world. The plight of people that would do just about anything to have even half of what we do in America. The despair that haunts their everyday survival.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3123376 - 09/11/04 09:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Look what the Arabs are doing in Sudan:

http://www.iabolish.com/news/press-kit/bio/francis.htm

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: 9/11 Already Forgotten [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3123400 - 09/11/04 09:08 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Pretty much what I imagine you'd do to Arabs if you got the chance.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion