Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblefreakygurl
Stranger
Psychedelic/Death Correlation? *DELETED*
    #3118851 - 09/10/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by freakygurl

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic/Death Correlation? [Re: freakygurl]
    #3119111 - 09/10/04 03:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

There is a psychedelic process called Ego Death. It involves relinquishing complete control to the sensation of actual biological dying in a symbolic form. If you are good at meditation practice you will likely enter this proces also.

Having had a near death experience on the Intensive Care unit after a heart attack myself (without flatlining, close enough for extreme intensity yet not as close as to see the White Light and be cleansed)
I can tell you the feeling of Biological Dying and Ego Death are at some crucial points indistinguishable.

Many of these people do not "imagine new age shit" but actually experience death sequences.

If you have passed Psychological Death and totally surrendered you will be Blissed.
("God: Smite me with Death!" my Team found it a bit eerie to hear me proclaim that in the midst of a very bad trip but when I lay down to die, just like on the Intensive Care, the symbolic sequence WAS fulfilled and I was enraptured with awe and splendor and cast into benign childhood memories that connected crucial dots as to my fears and desires I actually -use- right now in meditation practice)

Living, and Tripping, is all about having Perfect Love and Perfect Trust. And the final symbolic exam of Perfect Trust is to surrender to Ego Death.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
    #3119183 - 09/10/04 03:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

this is very interesting for me also...
i can remmber the first time i imagined DEATH and ever since i've been very scared of that prospect!
and i agree wiccan seeker... the death expiriance related to drugs is the loss of ego! many report this after salvia expiriances for example... the feeling like they forgot them selves! they were not a human being let alone a specific one!

i have yet to expiriance such a state of mind but hopfully i will sometime soon and that will help me with my fear of death!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Psychedelic/Death Correlation? [Re: Simisu]
    #3119370 - 09/10/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hmm...

every moment of your life is spent either living or dying.

every inhale is a breath of life, and every ehale is a breath of death. so every moment, you are dying and being reborn again.

do you think your body is made up of the same cells it had when you were born? those are long dead.

i believe that tryptamines dissolve our illusion of time (among other illusions) and there is a peak moment where as you are exhaling, as the cells in your body are dying, as your waste is being collected inside your body and there is no time; you actual become aware of this death process. everything else becomes unimportant.

i do also believe in the symbolic ego death, but i dont think its symbolic at all now that i mention it. it is a breaking down of patterns, that cause suffering. it is a breaking down of patterns that cause desire.

peace

PS Simisu, once the fear of death is conquered, fully, there is no need to be afraid at all.

once you are not afraid, the universe is possible.

once the universe is possible, you may find all you really need is love, air and water. (and air and water are just love from the universe.)

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Psychedelic/Death Correlation? [Re: Todcasil]
    #3119401 - 09/10/04 04:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

FIVE WORDS:

http://essenes.net/vajra44.html

Psychedelic Book of the Dead

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Psychedelic/Death Correlation? [Re: tekramrepus]
    #3120365 - 09/10/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I read that Tibetan Book of the Dead conversion by Leary while I was fried once, and it just just scared me. I see where he is trying to take it, but relating it to death just spooked me out. I was only 19 at the time, though, maybe now it would have more relevance.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Psychedelic/Death Correlation? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3120841 - 09/10/04 11:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i think the whole feeling of death thing from dmt come from rapid dissociation from your body, rather than death of the totality of oneself, a psychedelic situation of which would indicate your are seriously fucking high.

DXM has given me a small taste of the joys of no body/no mind. yummy. better than spilling out into hyperspace, yuck.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Psychedelic/Death Correlation? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #3121516 - 09/11/04 06:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've thought pretty deep into this, and what I came up with was basically:

Psychedelics are NDE simulators. Anyone who has been in a traumatizing situation in which they went into shock can see the correlation.

Obviously they also make you trip the hell out, see visuals and all, but there is definitely a side to most psychedelics that is essentially just a NDE simulator.

And it fits right in with the scientific explanation for the way psychedelics work... psychedelics are said to be catalysts. They trigger a chemical release in the brain, which in turn makes you all fucked up. (Which is why we feel the effects long after the drug is supposedly metabolized and more or less out of your system.)

Just my 2 cents of course.. :P

P.S. I also often get the feeling that psychedelics are trying to "lead me home" TO death.

I know that sounds a little morbid, but a lot of the time I will start thinking about how psychedelics speed your mind and body up a lot, causing time dialation, and in turn causing you to essentially "die faster" for that period of time.

I mean, I'm not saying I'm going to go kill myself because I'd rather be dead.. (Don't worry Swami, those damned believers haven't roped me into the cult yet!!) More like I will welcome death with open arms in my old age, because I know by then I will be more than glad to retire my hat and enjoy finally truly "letting go."

I think that "the end" will be wonderful. I have full faith in my brain's ability to take me on quite the journey at the very end of the ride.

That doesn't mean I think I'm going off to some new place... I simply believe that in the last moments of life the brain plays some magic tricks on us, to which I will be very glad to be an audience.

It's too funny how people always want to know "the answers" and yet don't want to go where the answers are.

Or, in other words, I think the answer everyone thinks they're looking for at some point IS death. Ironically, when called by that name, we avoid it at all costs.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Psychedelic/Death Correlation? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #3121556 - 09/11/04 07:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"i think the whole feeling of death thing from dmt come from rapid dissociation from your body, rather than death of the totality of oneself, a psychedelic situation of which would indicate your are seriously fucking high."

Rock and Roll on that one!!! Great response.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3121681 - 09/11/04 09:02 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Dying is only mind changing the state or condition of being conscious.

Psychedelic experiences is only mind changing the state or condition of being conscious.

Dreaming is only mind changing the state or condition of being conscious.

sure there is a Correlation?

Offlinelovelight
float

Loc: yellow submarine
Re: Psychedelic/Death Correlation? [Re: Gomp]
    #3122973 - 09/11/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So true.

Vaka, you might find it interesting also to look at the relation between ego death, rebirth, and enlightenment in Buddhism to that of a psychedelic experience. A really good book called "Zig Zag Zen: Buddhism and Psychedelics" by Allan Hunt Badiner, it sums it all up quite nicely. Often the description of a peak experience in either Buddhist meditation or other such practice, and a peak experience with a psychedelic sound very much the same, and usually the terms used involve death and rebirth.

However, don't forget how limited words are. With these sort of matters they are simply not sufficient. Go forth with an open and hungry mind and soul until you know for yourself.

--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

Edited by lovelight (09/11/04 07:02 PM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3123351 - 09/11/04 06:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

To the well-organised mind, death is but the next great adventure.

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom