Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecarnage
MycoVore
Loc: OHIO
dark syringe preparation
    #3120544 - 09/10/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i obtained one of the dark syringes from thelittleguy.com that have lots and lots os spores in them, but i needed to know how to prepare them for inoculation. a friend of mine told me i could get up to 50 10cc syringes from the dark syringe and he told me to put the whole syringe in a jar and draw it out with empty syringes, but how do i know how much water to add? i am confused on how to make lots of syringes from the dark syringe...anybody that has done this before and knows what to do please pass on your knowledge. thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJuan_del_Pueblo
Mr.Papashroom
 User Gallery

Re: dark syringe preparation [Re: carnage]
    #3120569 - 09/10/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Just follow the Karo tek bro. Peace...

OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
    #3120665 - 09/10/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I always make my syringes dark. I think it is assurance of germination within my substrate because of the amount of spores within the injection. I wouldnt make more syringes just cause of contams. I would inject my jars and know that they will colonize. Then t ake a lot of prints on the results and make more syringes on the next generation. But you are not me, so you decide.

--------------------
So Im packing my bags for the mysty mountains where the spirits go.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: dark syringe preparation *DELETED* [Re: AhHaHaHa]
    #3120682 - 09/10/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by S_2

Reason for deletion: This post was made by someone who isn't me.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: dark syringe preparation [Re: Adden]
    #3120943 - 09/10/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The karo tek takes the spores and gives then something to grow on so you no longer growing from spores but live cultures and they multiply in volume in the karo. You only need a few cc to innoc a karo jar. 1-3cc would work fine for innoc. That way you can make multiple karo jars and have some left of the spore syringe to fall back on.

I think your friend is saying he dilutes dark syringes by dividing it among other syringes. The best way to innoc from best to worse is G2G, Karo, dark syringes, then clear syringes. Make sure you have a polyfill filer on your karo jar but you can just go from spore if your a virgin mycologist.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: dark syringe preparation [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3121054 - 09/10/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Most people, most experienced people, including vendors and even vendors who sell dark syringes here think there is no difference between light and dark syringes.

Not trying to start a debate, I'm just telling it like it is. If you are down on printstock, then don't make a dark syringe thinking you have to. If you have plenty, by all means.. do it if it makes you feel more confident.

Offlinephucknut68
Focker
Loc: shit mang
Re: dark syringe preparation [Re: utopianglory]
    #3121454 - 09/11/04 05:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have had some bad luck with clear syringes, whereas dark ones are always good........ these are vendor bought syringes not homemade, either.

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-|:---- Doctor Of Journalism -----:|-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-|:---- S M C -----:|-=-=-=-=-

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: dark syringe preparation [Re: phucknut68]
    #3121462 - 09/11/04 05:33 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Simple math would seem to indicate that darker syringes are a better value... More spores per the dollar.

I'm sure it wouldn't make that much difference, but I would imagine that darker syringes would perform slightly better.

-FF

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: dark syringe preparation [Re: fastfred]
    #3121480 - 09/11/04 06:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

As I pointed out in another thread, in science there is a concept called saturation. The point at which no further gain can be had with increasing the input. This concept is used heavily in electronics. It is reasonable to suggest that this will occur with germination. There is only so much substrate after all.

One thing that we can all testify to is that if you inject more solution you definitely get a "gain" in performance. It makes more sense for you people to be using more solution that more concentrated solution as you are able to deliver your spores to a larger area of substrate to germinate on and thus avoid the redundancy of injecting too many spores onto an area of host.

Obviously water content can be upset doing this but that probably won't be an issue unless you're trying to go too overboard.

If people didn't believe in this they wouldn't shake their jars to distribute the solution to a larger area as it is.

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
    #3121518 - 09/11/04 06:45 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

>a friend of mine told me i could get up to 50 10cc syringes from the dark syringe and he told me to put the whole syringe in a jar and draw it out with empty syringes, but how do i know how much water to add? i am confused on how to make lots of syringes from the dark syringe...

just follow any of the teks for making a syringe from a print. but instead of scraping spores from a print into the shot glass ( or whatever is used ) put 1cc from the dark syringe in to the glass and suck it up into a clean syringe with 9cc of sterile water.

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: dark syringe preparation [Re: utopianglory]
    #3121521 - 09/11/04 06:52 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Good point utopianglory. Thank you for taking the time to explain your statement rather than flame me like hyphae does.

One advantage of darker syringes might be that you could use less spore solution when starting liquid culture. Instead of 1cc you might do just as well with 1 drop. I like to have a dozen or so spores germinate and let them battle it out. It makes them fight to get into that syringe you pull out. (odds wise, based on mycelium size at least)

-FF

P.S. Any chemistry minded folks please check out my "psilocin oxidation" thread in advanced cultivation.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3121525 - 09/11/04 06:56 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Okay since noone is really going to awnser the question with detail i guess i will. Sterilize a 250ml jar. Or anyother container that you could sterilize and will hld water. Inject the syringe filled with spores into the container. Now take some 10cc syringes that have been sterilized with 9cc water in them. Shoot that water into the container and suck back up. And repeat for each syringe. Remember to do this in a EXTREMELY sterile environment. But the suggestion of growing them out and printing the best fruits is a good way to go, Also a karo tek is awesome and very easy to do. So with that and all the other posts you should be able to get what you want. Good luck.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: dark syringe preparation [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3121527 - 09/11/04 07:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You could also just add water to the jar first and then sterilize. That might work better if you are using fresh pre-sterilized syringes from a package. Might also have less chance of contams since you are only sucking instead of squirting then sucking repeatedly.

-FF

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: dark syringe preparation [Re: fastfred]
    #3121542 - 09/11/04 07:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Good point magash. I jsut figure alot of people are resterilizing the their syringes, i have found this to be a decent way to do it. I usually perform this in a very high quality flow hood. But i think your way is excellent.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: dark syringe preparation [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3122852 - 09/11/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I happened to notice this while I was browsing through Ralphster's site, just thought I'd put it out there:

What's the difference between a dark syringe and a regular crystal syringe?

For the longest time I tried to convince customers that a darker syringe with more spores packed into it wasn't necessarily better. We did extensive testing and could not come to the conclusion that one was better than the other. But still - email after email requesting dark syringes. So, I gave in and offer them now purely for novelty. I would suggest sticking to the regular crystal syringes.

- www.ralphstersspores.com

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

Edited by MycoCat (09/11/04 03:54 PM)

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #3124091 - 09/11/04 10:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Even vendors word, the people who sell dark syringes never does much to quash this  rumour :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules