Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
drinking = sinking into your ego
    #3120976 - 09/10/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

After not triping for a while i realize triping can bring you out of your ego and introduce you to a universal world thinking more of other views while being drunk you sink into your own ego. I was just recalling all the times when triping and while seeing and interacting and being drunk with people that you are more personal and less universal.

Dont know where im going... but i just wanted to state an observation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: drinking = sinking into your ego [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3121134 - 09/11/04 12:38 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think for the most part this is true... usually, holding onto a lot of negative programming from your ego while tripping will cause you to suffer... actually, you are already suffering, but mushrooms tend to give you a direct, here and now experience of that suffering, whereas your ego normally filters it out.... you either give into the flow of the moment or you will start to get crushed....

I rarely drink, and when I do, I tend to binge... so I don't really have enough experience, especially experience that I can recall, regarding ones ego and being drunk.... :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #3121169 - 09/11/04 01:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

a

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Edited by matt (08/31/07 06:06 PM)

OfflineSoulTech
Automated
    #3121807 - 09/11/04 10:07 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Interestingly enough, Tim Leary's 8 circuits of consciousness has something to say about alcohol. From the Deoxy website:

To understand neurological space, Dr. Leary assumes that the nervous system consists of eight potential circuits, or "gears," or mini-brains. Four of these brains are in the usually active left lobe and are concerned with our terrestrial survival; four are extraterrestrial, reside in the "silent" or inactive right lobe, and are for use in our future evolution.

The second brain or circuit, called "The Emotional Circuit", is associated with the drug acohol. This is what Tim Leary has to say about the second brain:
"Vertebrate territorial patterns and mammalian emotional politics immediately appear when the booze flows, as Thomas Nashe intuitively realized when he characterized the various alcohol states by animal labels: "ass drunk," "goat drunk," "swine drunk," "bear drunk," etc."
http://www.deoxy.org/8circuit.htm

My experiences are in line with these comments and I believe that alcohol brings out the primal side in human beings, some more than others.

Mushrooms and LSD are further down Tim's 8 circuit list and coincide with more cerebral states of consciousness.

peace.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: drinking = sinking into your ego [Re: SoulTech]
    #3121842 - 09/11/04 10:26 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Alchohol has hops in it, which has lupalin.

If I'm not mistaken, lupalin is like what would be described as an "anger" horomone.

There is a great chance I am wrong as it didn't come from a reliable sorce.

--------------------
Agent 727

Edited by MAGnum (09/11/04 10:27 AM)

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#3122250 - 09/11/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've quit drinking at least for awhile. I've always been a very moderate and responsible drinker, and have no problem with having a few beer every few weeks... but lately I see no reason at all and theres really no appeal. I'm not going to say I'm a non drinker because I know I'll drink again, but only when it actually appeals to me and not just because its there and everyone else is doing it. Although, I gotta say its fuckin hard to deal with drunk people if you aren't drunk yourself.

I have one interesting piece of fact about alcohol, i don't know the precise and correct details but I know the story in general. In about the 1600's there was a beer purity act passed in the law books of parts of europe banning people from making beer with anything but hops. prior to that herbalist peasant women would make beer out of all kinds of herbs, which had all sorts of different psychoactive results. A lot of thier brews would result in the peasants realizing how fucked over they were by the ruling class and fighting back. Hops are a depressant. They dull the mind and distract people. The purity act was for 1 a way to supress womens power in thier own communities, one step in the witch hunts... and 2 it was a way to supress legitimate and real rebellion and replace it with dull, distracted poor labourers.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3122754 - 09/11/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

could one make alkohol whit out shrooms?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3122765 - 09/11/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Having a beer now and again improves life; having 96 of them a week (like I did for 10 years) is insane.

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
    #3124339 - 09/11/04 11:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Someone once said. 'Getting drunk is comitting temporary suicide'.

I don't remember who said it, but I tend to agree.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3124358 - 09/11/04 11:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I just had 3 beers, but that's cuz I'm about to go to a party, and I'll need that ego boost to try and get lucky tonight.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: drinking = sinking into your ego [Re: silversoul7]
    #3124627 - 09/12/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I just had 3 beers, but that's cuz I'm about to go to a party, and I'll need that ego boost to try and get lucky tonight.

You don't need beer to get lucky.  What you need is a lot of money and a nice car.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineLightDarkness
Stranger
Re: drinking = sinking into your ego [Re: Frog]
    #3124827 - 09/12/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with the statement fully. I had my first trip in about a year last week and it never ceases to amaze me how much it makes me really search into my life. I actually go through phases where I drink a lot of alcohol and am nearing the end of one of them right now to go back to my love. I also find that alcohol also has a lot of affect on how you view yourself, the people around you, and your responsibilities. I have noticed (with me atleast, I wont speak for others) that If I drink pretty often, being almost every day, that it even affects your thinking when your sober at work during the day. I wont be drunk but Im still not all that clear headed. Its time to go back to better things again.......

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: drinking = sinking into your ego [Re: Frog]
    #3125238 - 09/12/04 05:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:

You don't need beer to get lucky.  What you need is a lot of money and a nice car.  :grin:

Well, let's be realistic here--I'm a college student.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3125249 - 09/12/04 05:59 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

While I realize you're referring to, literally, the state of intoxication, I believe that any form of addiction = sinking into your ego.

When in the throws of a strong addiction, one tends to have a hard time not thinking to themselves, "I just have to get through the day so I can get home and get fucked up".. which is not a healthy way to look at any day. It's directly contradictory to the idea of trying to find happiness in what is happening around you right now.

P.S. My addiction is marijuana, which is considered a mind-expanding drug. In my experience, this was definitely true at the beginning.. but now that I've been a daily smoker for over a year, I can honestly tell you it no longer feels very mind expanding.

Infact, it feels limiting. I will probably quit within the next few months, atleast temporarily.

Just added that last part to illustrate the fact that the substance itself does not really matter. It's abusing the substance that grows both addiction and ego.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: drinking = sinking into your ego [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3127186 - 09/12/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

good observation, alcohol definetly does reduce you to a more or less animal level and definetly suffocates the 'higher functions' of the mind, whereas i think psychadelics do the exact opposite, that is they bring out your higher processes to such an extent that the animal level is destroyed utterly, resulting in 'ego death'

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: drinking = sinking into your ego [Re: Source]
    #3127217 - 09/12/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Someone once said. 'Getting drunk is comitting temporary suicide'.

I don't remember who said it, but I tend to agree.

Alcohol DOES dull the memory.  :tongue2:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3129111 - 09/13/04 11:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

My first experience with ego loss was on alcohol.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: drinking = sinking into your ego [Re: Evolving]
    #3137251 - 09/15/04 12:21 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe this is why alcohol is mushroom pee :grin:

--------------------
]

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3138090 - 09/15/04 09:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

how do one make alcohol? does one need the help of mushroom? or am i totaly dilusional,..?

and.. ego loss? why is it that you talk free to a girl, (not personaly but,..) sober, you think of cosecvenses of what you might say might do in the futire..

but if you drunk and talk to a girl, you are only experiencing the "now" and have no care whatsoever of conescvenses, as that isen't happening within a percivable time frame.

i tend to se drinking as loosing yourself, in a time consernd matther.

if you do not drink. "you" could be 5 days ahed "in your mind" planning the weekend party on a monday.

but if you drink. "you" can not plan 5 days ahed, as it is no "you" accsesable to spread.

hard to explain the consept. if i think of goining to by a ice-cream, but im sitting in my sofa watching tv. a part of me "travels through time" and is already enjoying the ice-cream, and i could then chose to realize that "imaginated possibilitie"

but when drinking, if i think of goining to by a ice-cream, but im sitting in my sofa watching tv. all of me is "travels through time" drunk as hell, and the thought of bying ice-cream is never really "realized" not even on an astral level. hehe

im confused, byt thers my 2 cent :wink: hehe

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3138949 - 09/15/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I personally think drinking is rather silly, but that's my own opinion. Seems to be a self defeating and rather sloppy substance that offers nothing in retun :/

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies