Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Why Do You Think Kerry Will Be Better Than Bush?
    #3119877 - 09/10/04 08:55 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

And please tell me something you came up with yourself, not some claptrap that was fed to you by the media. 

Oh wait, you can't. 

Because you don't know anything about the candidates' platform that didn't first come through the media filter. :shrug:

Sure, you may have HEARD what Kerry said at his last speech.  But the media is there the next day and the next to tell you what he maybe, possibly, might have, actually meant... and by that time his vocal position has probably changed.

Ok, so you like his domestic policy, but what good will it do when the majority of the world is fed up with us because we go around fighting wars and justifying them with lies?

And when (by some fluke) Kerry is (s)elected and suddenly there's another "terrorist attack" and we plunge further into a police state,  how great will he be then?

Always be skeptical - even if you agree with what's being said. 
Be ready for the possibilites of the future and consider the facts of the past. 

Bush & Kerry were both members of a secret society for the richest youth @ Yale called Skull & Bones.  The founder of this death worshiping cult studied in Germany and borrowed heavily from Nazi occultism.
Skull & Bones members are chosen by the elder members specifically because of family ties.

You still think they're really all THAT different?
Think again.....google will help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Why Do You Think Kerry Will Be Better Than Bush? [Re: Clean]
    #3119901 - 09/10/04 08:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Vote Libertarian

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #3119949 - 09/10/04 09:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Kerry is not an arrogant cowboy who doesn't give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks. in that sense IMO he is much better. he will be a far superior ambassador. it strikes me as crazy that people don't remember the 2000 election when everyone was saying "well bush's only real weakness is foreign relations where he has no experience." And now, when so many hold the issue as important, americans think that that is a reason to vote FOR bush when not only was it his weakness in the first place, but he has shown himself (and those in his administration) to be disastrous. the only 'good' thing he did was attack iran which for god's sake Jimmy Carter could have easily done.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #3119966 - 09/10/04 09:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

John Kerry cares about protecting the environment.
With a history of engagement that extends back to the first Earth Day in 1970,Senator Kerry is one of America 's premier environmental leaders. His voting record has earned him the highest lifetime LCV ranking of all the presidential candidates, and he has taken a leadership role in promoting higher fuel efficiency standards for cars and trucks, combating attempts to drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, and in overturning efforts to weaken the Clean Air Act. On a range of domestic issues -from clean air to clean water to public lands -Kerry has repeatedly staked out pro-environment positions. His record on international issues is equally distinguished: he sponsored legislation to incorporate environmental protections into trade negotiations and has participated in international climate change negotiations beginning at the 1992 Earth Summit and extending through Kyoto. In his run for the presidency, Kerry has made the environment a central issue, devoting several significant forums to his plans for environmental action if elected. Kerry participated in LCV 's June 2003 presidential environmental deb ate.

George Bush doesn't really seem to have a sincere respect for the environment. George Bush has done lots of shit in his first term that's been real bad for the environment.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
    #3119995 - 09/10/04 09:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If I was American I'd vote for Kerry not because he is good on the environment (I don't know enough about him to say he is) but because Bush was so bad on the environment.  $25 billion in tax breaks for oil companies, a huge reduction in lawsuits against polluting companies and his complete denail (until a few weeks ago) that global warming even exists.  I don't think Kerry would be great, but on the environment he would at least be mediocre, which is all you can hope for from the USA :wink:

And he's thick as shit.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Why Do You Think Kerry Will Be Better Than Bush? [Re: Tao]
    #3120030 - 09/10/04 09:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TaoTeChing said:
Kerry is not an arrogant cowboy who doesn't give a fuck what the rest of the world thinks.

I'm gonna assume that you realize the only difference is cowboy. Kerry is way more arrogant and just appeals to a different (the appeasers and cowards) part of the world than does Bush.

in that sense IMO he is much better. he will be a far superior ambassador. it strikes me as crazy that people don't remember the 2000 election when everyone was saying "well bush's only real weakness is foreign relations where he has no experience."

I have no fucking idea what you're talking about here. I'm sure Gore-ites said SOMETHING like this (probably didn't include the "only") but it sure wasn't everyone by a long shot.

And now, when so many hold the issue as important, americans think that that is a reason to vote FOR bush when not only was it his weakness in the first place, but he has shown himself (and those in his administration) to be disastrous.

And I think he is doing just exactly what needs to be done. You're an appeaser. Neither I nor my president are. And I am damn glad of it.

the only 'good' thing he did was attack iran which for god's sake Jimmy Carter could have easily done.

Huh?

--------------------

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Why Do You Think Kerry Will Be Better Than Bush? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3120052 - 09/10/04 09:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Kerry is way more arrogant and just appeals to a different (the appeasers and cowards) part of the world than does Bush.

I think one of the funniest ironies about so many conservatives is how you like to put down other people for being pussies when almost everything you do is out of a motivation of fear.  Fear of terrorists, minorities, commies, gays, women gaining equality.  It's all about defending...throwing up towering walls with barb wire at the top....preemptive strikes.... being allowed to buy machine guns for 'self defense'  :lol:

Man I'd hate to do mushrooms with a republican, I can't even imagine the different paranoias that must wash over them.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #3120057 - 09/10/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

the only 'good' thing he did was attack iran which for god's sake Jimmy Carter could have easily done.

Huh?

i admit drunkeness. its 3am in england, i should go to bed.  night

(i meant 'afghanistan' of course)

:lol: very good point joo, i've thought that before as well.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Why Do You Think Kerry Will Be Better Than Bush? [Re: Tao]
    #3120404 - 09/10/04 11:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

fuck you both. We'd have a great time. Don't be so scared

--------------------

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #3120450 - 09/10/04 11:19 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

How exactly do you propose a candidate either BUSH or KERRY gets their ideas out, except by the media? You make it sound like the media is some evil source of information, to which all insights forthcoming should be ignored. I'm not voting for Bush or Kerry, but Kerry would still be better in protecting our environment and our security because he would work harder as a statesman and might even realize the legitimate concerns that people had, and isn't bought up by the interrest groups that are looking to make profit on the expense of the environment.

Offlinethieverycorp
Stranger

Loc: Texas
    #3120480 - 09/10/04 11:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

their both members of the two major parties in this country, so is there really a difference other than the cosmetic one? One thing that most people in the US don't realize, is that the two major candidates will never change anything for most people... This country needs to do something radical and elect someone radically different in their political thinking, someone who actually thinks that the government exists for the benefit of the people, not the people existing for the benefit of government... but even then, the apathy in this country is so widespread that we will never elect anything different from what we've elected for the last 10 Presidental elections...

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Why Do You Think Kerry Will Be Better Than Bush? [Re: thieverycorp]
    #3120751 - 09/11/04 12:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Good points.

Bush and Kerry are not in a contest to do what's best for you or for me, they're in a contest to control the most powerful position in the history of the world.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion