Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepsycat
Stranger
PR casings doing well but wont pin.... yet?
    #3119025 - 09/10/04 04:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have 4 PR strain casings that will not pin. They appear to be doing well otherwise (no visible contams etc). The casings were made on August 27, incubated, then placed inside the fruiting chamber on September 6. There is mycelium visible over much of the casing surface but not to overlay circumstances by any means (I didn't initiate fruiting quite soon enough). When I checked up on them today, the temperature was around 20-21 degrees celsius and the humidity was at 86%.
Am I just being impatient, or is there something else i can do to initiate pinning on my casings?

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePirate_Zero
the handyman

Re: PR casings doing well but wont pin.... yet? [Re: psycat]
    #3119080 - 09/10/04 04:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

have you tried to cold shock them?

these 3 things will start pinning,

Light,
air exchange
temp.

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

#3119215 - 09/10/04 05:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well you have the other triggers happening right, like you have it under light for part of the day? Also your temp could be slightly higher, like 22-24C (72-75F), but humidity should be good where it is for a casing (need to be higher for cakes though). Overlay is only where the top layer of mycelium is dry and hardened, not where mycelium covers the entire surface (which is a good thing generally). The mycelium should be fluffy and possibly soon will start clumping into knots in places - which are the very first stage of pins. Also you should be fanning unless you have a PMP style more automated chamber.

And you also are being a bit impatient, since 4 or 5 days is only about halfway there to the when pins form up, but the knots should start happening in a day or three from now. And the cooler temp might slow it down a little. But the rest sounds OK as long as you have some light. It helps to initiate all the triggers (temp drop from inucbation to fruit temps, humidity, lights, fanning) all at once to get a quicker reaction also.

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3119354 - 09/10/04 06:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My PR took about a week and a half to pin. It's a little longer than other strains but they will come.

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
Re: PR casings doing well but wont pin.... yet? [Re: Worf]
    #3119779 - 09/10/04 08:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yup my friend has some PR's going right now, there are slow asses to pin, and a bit picky to get them to pin, just be patient and they will come, my friend had to wait a week or so before he even started seeing pins, but after that they went PR pin crazy LOL GL :thumbup:

--------------------
Anything I might post on this site is fictional, the only knowledge I have is from reading post's on this site. I do not conduct any illegal activites whatsoever in any way.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation