Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

dxm trip
    #311697 - 05/07/01 08:02 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

my last dxm trip on saturday night was almost fully free of visuals because of the small amount and because i fucked up by thinking that the peak was over after the 2 hr mark...what a fool...but anyway im curious: on the third and fourth plateaus what is the trip like and how is it compared to an acid trip? ive read the faq's and such but their descriptions did not seem much different acid trip...thanks for any help im plannin on doin a third plateau dose next time with a trip sitter

We're all mad here...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: dxm trip [Re: HB]
    #311815 - 05/07/01 09:36 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

> ive read the faq's and such but their descriptions did not seem much different acid trip...

DXM is not like LSD. The first feeling when you hit the third plateau will be confusion. Just be ready to be confused.

Your senses will be royally fucked up. Flanging will become severe, like watching a film with five frames per second, the other 19 blended in those five frames, all chopped up, bouncing back and fourth around your head. It will kind of be like existing in multiple times at once, with each track (visual, auditory, memory) all running out of synch from each other and bouncing around seemingly at random.

Your body will become very numb. Though you'll still be able to feel it. Your heart rate will go very quickly. You won't be able to talk properly at all.

Language skills will be all fuckered up. It'll take a while to comprehend what others are saying. Most concepts will seem quite foreign to you. Inside your brain it will feel very quiet. It will be kinda like being inside a sensory deprivation tank inside your own head. The outside world will be very far away. Your Self will feel very far away (diffucult to describe this sensation, but some people find it very disturbing).

Your body image will be very distorted. I remember one distortion I had (whenever I went to see films on DXM) was that my head was larger than the theatre. This felt entirely real. It used to really bug me out.
Distances and sizes may be similarly affected. This may be very disorienting and disturbing.

Emotionally I used to be quite numb most of the time, but could range into absolute mania at times and serious panic-stricken distress. Very rarely did I ever feel sad. DXM has a strange quality of being beautifully disturbing...

expect to feel like you're on an alien planet. Everything will look strange and foreign.

If OEVs occur in relatively lit conditions, they'll be of the delerious kind (you won't know you're hallucinating, usually, unless it's really fantastic). Usually strong OEVs occur in dim light. In darkness, you can go to other worlds.

Oh yeah and your balance will dissappear and motor control will be affected.

Not much like an LSD trip.

OfflineAshaman
Male

Re: dxm trip [Re: HB]
    #311828 - 05/07/01 09:45 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

the third seems a little hardcore for me. Im cool with the second. its like normally when you close your eyes you can feel your body and still "know" how big it is and how much space its taking up. on dxm I lose this perception completely, with eyes closed I can feel huge or compressed into a tiny speck. really quite odd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
in the set of life there are two choices, JUNGLIST and NOT JUNGLIST

DROP YO BASS
----------------------------------------------------------------------

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: dxm trip [Re: Ashaman]
    #312491 - 05/08/01 04:55 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

heh, lying in bed on third I used to have conversations in my head w/ 2 others of Me. When I had to piss, we'd think, "We have to go piss now", then I'd walk to the washroom, see 1 person in the mirror and get all confused, "Who's we?"

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: dxm trip [Re: Kid]
    #312500 - 05/08/01 05:04 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

What are these platau levels? how much for each?

Nothing of what I say is a personal matter. All cultivation questions are on behalf of counterparts who risk growing. I take no responsibility in being the messenger.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

InvisibleHydro
addict
Loc: In your closet..
Re: dxm trip [Re: Kid]
    #312526 - 05/08/01 05:26 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Haha! Thats awsome! lol

When I used to do DXM I would put headphones on and sit on my bed for hours in the dark and just relax and watch the visuals. I would start to think I was somewere completely different and when I got up to go to the bathroom or get a drink it would just freak me the hell out that I was in my own house! How the hell did I get here? lol

First time I ever did DXM I drank a full bottle of Robotussin and went driving around. I felt really buzzed and tripped out. It was cool as shit. Then I smoked THE weed. The weed just melted my mind away and thats when I had 'the penis trip'. I tried to pee, but it wouldn't work. I was in there for about 45 minutes staring at my business. My friends came in to see if I was alriright and I was just standing there in amazment. I seen myself as an alien creature that did not belong on this planet. I truly understood what I was. I don't fully understand what I got off of that trip, but it really intrigued me. Oh well. I need to stop eating so much acid already! No wait.. maybe noooooooot.. Chillin' I am, I tell ya'!! ;-)

Hydro has spoken!
Please! Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: dxm trip [Re: Crasher]
    #312604 - 05/08/01 06:53 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

read the FAQ.

The plateau levels are used to describe different levels of effect occuring at different dosage levels (and one the result of a dosage regimen)

OfflineOrenIshii
Stranger
Re: dxm trip [Re: Hydro]
    #4211425 - 05/23/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hydro has spoken!

God I love that movie. I could watch it every day.
I like the quotes, "Dogs fucked the pope.. no fault of mine." and
Hitchhiker: Hot damn. I never rode in a convertible before.
Raoul Duke: Is that right? Well... I guess you're about ready, then, aren't you?
Dr. Gonzo: We're your friends. We're not like the others, man, really.
Raoul Duke: No more of that talk or I'll put the fucking leeches on you, understand?

Oh yea anyways I love DXM theres nothing like it. Alot of times Ive had this feeling like I had long tubes in front of my eyes or my eyes were waaaaay in the back of my head.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: dxm trip [Re: OrenIshii]
    #4211514 - 05/23/05 07:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

This thread is, four years old, and off-topic for this forum (at present time).

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale