Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Overlay-How to diagnose?
    #3117853 - 09/10/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys! I've got essentially my first ever casing here, just a little one, and it has been doing fantastic, but the last couple days I've been worried. The casing layer has become colonized, but there has been no pinning. At what point does overlay occur? Has it already? If it has, can I just put more casing on it? Or am I just impatient and pinning is just around the corner? This is Lipa Yai Cubensis grown on popcorn then spawned to straw and bison poop with straight up bison poop as the casing layer. It has been in my PMP for about 5 days. Thanks!

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Overlay-How to diagnose? [Re: ToolTroll]
    #3117865 - 09/10/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Looks fine,beautiful rhizomorphs. Overlay is hard dead myc,not the soft fluffy stuff you have there, expect to see knots at around 10 days,untill then get your bong out and chill.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #3117881 - 09/10/04 09:36 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Seems a bit too colonized. The problem is that could become overlay.

Did you use straight coir? Looks like it. Generally people mix in vermiculite to avoid that.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23449

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Re: Overlay-How to diagnose? [Re: utopianglory]
    #3117894 - 09/10/04 09:43 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

utopianglory-Thanks for the link. The four reasons listed for overlay in the link don't seem to apply to this situation, though. And the casing layer was just bison poop, no coir or verm. Could that be a problem?

hanky-Thanks for the words of encouragement. Appreciate it.

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #3117905 - 09/10/04 09:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

So you used poo to case?

The casing layer should not be nutritious, it sounds like you spawned some bison poop (or threw some ontop of the colonized substrate) and it has essentially been colonized. That is not really a "casing layer". You should case over that with some coir/verm.

Hope that helps.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #3118237 - 09/10/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

My casings often have as much rhizo growth as yours and they pin just fine.

I only use straight coir. IMO it's better than coir/verm mix.

Yours will fruit stright off that poo,though you might get better results if you added a quater ince casing layer now and incubated it for a couple of days.
Wait for a poo expert to answer this for you.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Overlay-How to diagnose? [Re: utopianglory]
    #3118273 - 09/10/04 11:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

utopianglory said:
So you used poo to case?

The casing layer should not be nutritious, it sounds like you spawned some bison poop (or threw some ontop of the colonized substrate) and it has essentially been colonized. That is not really a "casing layer". You should case over that with some coir/verm.

Hope that helps.

oh well whatever works, i dont see any contam.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3118284 - 09/10/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

put a casing layer on it(no nuits.,like coir,verm or peat) putting more poo on it gives it more reason to colonize and NO reason to fruit.

put the casing layer on it,let it colonize at 84-86F for 5 days then put it back in your pod and you'll see pins in 5-10 days :thumbup:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Re: Overlay-How to diagnose? [Re: george castanza]
    #3118420 - 09/10/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, excellent responses. I had forgotten that the casing should be devoid of nutrients. I think I'm gonna put a 1/4" layer of coir/verm (I just sterilized some a couple days ago for future casings) and incubate. But since it will only be a thin layer, I imagine it will colonize in just 2-3 days. Then back into the PMP. Sound good? Again, thanks for the help. I'll take pics when it starts to pin.

Psychoslut-I like your attitude-"Whatever works"-Is that dECaTur, GA?

--------------------
my cactus collection

OfflineD453818
Smoker

Loc: In the South
    #3118433 - 09/10/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i had the same type of growth on a poo based compost. in an area 2X4" i scraped with a fork i see more pins in this area than the other area i left alone... but thats also wood mulch and poo... and wbs

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale