Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinelovelight
float

Loc: yellow submarine
The Shroomery, Love, Lust and Lies
    #3117583 - 09/10/04 05:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hello fellow shroomers!
I have a statement and a few questions for you all...
First I have to say some of you think in the most insightful, open-minded, inspirational, funny, original and creative ways I have ever come across. All credit to you and thank you for that!

the questions: relating to most of yours use of psychedelics, and often non-conventional philosophies on reality and the world in general, how, if at all, do you express these personalities in your day-to-day life???

i.e. those of you who are in relationships, are your partners involved in these same practices? or are they accepting of them? and for those of you who are single, are you looking for someone with similar way of life as a condition?

and what about friends and family? are you surrounded by people of like-minded thinking or are you living life in the closet?  how much are you forced to deny, for fear of bringing trouble to your door?

IS SHROOMERY (bless its :heart:) YOUR ONLY LIBERATION?

PS sorry, there's really no lust involved in this thread hehe  :frown:

--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSamhehyum
Changed

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: The Shroomery, Love, Lust and Lies [Re: lovelight]
    #3117606 - 09/10/04 05:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I challenge the people around me with my views and beliefs on everything, but depending on the person there is only so far you can take it. I have some close friends who think very alike to me, but other than that my family, you could say, is still living "blindfolded". Being very traditional, they dissmiss anything such as "psychedelics, and often non-conventional philosophies" as wrong, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Thinking about it, i want to be in a relationship with some one on the same wavelength as me, some on to share and gain knowledge and experiences with, some one to challange me to be the best samhehyum i can be and some one to reflect thier best qualities on me.

ill continue my response when im not so distracted lol.

--------------------

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
    #3117609 - 09/10/04 05:36 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Basically, since my first jounrey October 2003 (9 in total since) psychedelics have totally changed my entire life - so it's been an impact through everything I've done.

Despite the recommendations, I'm bi-polar and find nothing but solace in the affect shrooms have had in shaping a much more positive perspective on life. I have a stable rock of belief & ideology to combat the blues when they come and also my 'manic' moments have balanced.

I'm not recommending it for all m-d's, my imbalance is mild in comparison to others I have met.

I digress.....

You're question's about what we do with what we've learnt - well I've quit smoking of all kinds, given up caffeine & alcohol and started meditation. I used to have a very addictive personality - after giving up on prozac and all other kinds of antidepressants I went through the full gamut of substances trying to control my moods. Shrooms have made me looser, more laid back, I started painting and writing poetry as well - having an outlet for creativity was somethign I had been starving myself of.

My wife, who's idea it was to try shrooms in the first place, used to be a very fearful person - she now tackles fear head on. Last week I took her out on a hack, and the horse she was on started to get very nerous at the sight of some dogs - she started to panick but I watched her in the space on minutes put that fear down - a year ago this would have been impossible for her to do.

Also, last year she quit her job, which was making her miserable - but she was too frightened to try to get another job and is all around so much more determined.

Everyday life - everyday's different now - I was stuck in a rut, I felt redundant in my own skin - I had to escape myself to find out who I am becoming.

Does any of that make sense.

Hell, I so much gratitude for what mushrooms have done for me I may not have answered your question, kinda skirted around it, sorry!

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Offlinelovelight
float

Re: The Shroomery, Love, Lust and Lies [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #3117630 - 09/10/04 05:55 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

theorganicdomino said:Hell, I so much gratitude for what mushrooms have done for me I may not have answered your question, kinda skirted around it, sorry!

Ha ha, no, what you said is very related! Thanks for being so honest!
As for my friend samhehyum, I know for a fact you will find that special someone to match your excellence!  :wink:

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #3117676 - 09/10/04 06:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I find that in my day-to-day living, I'm much more laidback and accepting of things than I was before I began to use psychadelics. If there's one thing they've taught me without any secret psychadelic coding, it's that the world is full of different perspectives, and my way is no better than someone elses. I used to be very analytical, and critical, of everyone and everything I possibly could be. Now I just try my best to be a good friend to those in my life, accept what's going on around me, and sharing my experiences and views when called upon.

I pride myself on my psychonautical 'wisdom', even though most of the people I know shun it, dismissing everyone who uses drugs as a burnout or a pot-head. I'm neither of those things, by the way (though DXM did make me spacey for a while!). My family is very straight-shooting, anti drug, and that's fine by me, as long as they do not try to stop me. I'm much too inquisitive in nature to sit back and have a dogma thrown at me. I need to experience it for myself. :smirk:

Anyway, I'd sure love to find a partner to share my adventures with.. but it's hard to find the right person sometimes. :smile:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Offlinelovelight
float

Re: The Shroomery, Love, Lust and Lies [Re: lukeboots]
    #3119512 - 09/10/04 05:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jonnywax said:
If there's one thing they've taught me without any secret psychadelic coding, it's that the world is full of different perspectives, and my way is no better than someone elses.
Anyway, I'd sure love to find a partner to share my adventures with.. but it's hard to find the right person sometimes. :smile:

I'm sure that with your attitude you will! Thanks for that.

I would love to hear some other stories too!  :heart:

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #3119520 - 09/10/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Good post.........I wish I had more time :cool:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate