Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Medical Trip method guidelines???
    #3111122 - 09/08/04 11:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I was just reading a book on the internet called the Ecstatic Adventure. It begins by talking alot about psychadelic history and use. I just thought about how we at the shroomery could help out the movement by trying to comeup with some guidelines or suggestions to formulate into a list for one totally new to psychadelics and the dissolution of egos. Such as what to think about when this happens? How to explore one's self? I know this is probably very hard to encompass in words which I could not possibly do.

I do have a few base line suggestions though.
1) Be in a comfortable place and in a good mood. Clear your mind of all things that are material in nature. Get a mindset of exploring and learning about yourself, talking a journey of sorts.
2) Remember we are a living organism and that entails us interacting with our enviroment. Our perception of our enviroment is about to change drastically but you want to embrace this perception shift.

Suggestions/more tips needed please? My goal of this thread is to encompass enough knowledge here to be able to share a psychadelic experience with a close friend and minimize negative effects to the lowest %.

Edited by socratesmind (09/09/04 09:14 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Medical Trip method guidelines??? [Re: socratesmind]
    #3112466 - 09/09/04 06:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

3)Give a lot of emphasis in mentality in which you approach the forthcoming experience.Elucidate your motives,have some goals and see how the experience can be integrated in everyday life.Be sure to be well rested,and for deeper psychological insights do a litle search beforehands in the depths of your psyche.A good idea is to have a tape recorder,to draw something if it arises,or to have some objects to which you are emotional attached or have a "personal history"

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3113764 - 09/09/04 01:32 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well.. I can be short about that one for a change!

Click the link called "BEST TRIPPING MANUAL" in my signature. It will take you to an online copy of a manual for tripping from a medical perspective. It is very old, but you simply will not -believe- the wealth of information and understanding that will open for you if you read it.

You absolutely want to hit printer-button on that text!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Medical Trip method guidelines??? [Re: Asante]
    #3113828 - 09/09/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

you think the same methodology could be provided for all psychoactives or would one have to take special precuations for different substances?

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3114946 - 09/09/04 05:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It most certainly would work for Major Psychedelics like mushrooms or 2CI

Recently MAPS has put out a guide for therapeutic use of MDMA which looks like a rehash with minor alterations..

I think the psychologic strategy outlined is in harmony with the mind, even withy no psychoactives at all. Once you get into the mechanism it shows so much!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: Medical Trip method guidelines??? [Re: Psiloman]
    #3117289 - 09/10/04 02:07 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

a

Edited by matt (08/31/07 06:06 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies