Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescape
II
Loc: somewhere but not where y...
1qt jar...
    #3115161 - 09/09/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ok i have a 1 quart jar thats been in incubation for about 1 and 1/2 months ive fliped it ive done everything i can to it.. their is alot of myc piss around the edge of growth however the jar has decided for the inside to conoloize before the other 1/2 of the out side... well its not really spreading its also decided that it wants to pin.... i fear its going to pin and grow without 100% colonization... no contams... do i just let it grow invitro and harvest 1 flush that way?

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY OR DO IS FAKE, IM A COMPULSIVE LIAR, sorry for any confusion this makes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: 1qt jar... [Re: scape]
    #3115898 - 09/09/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It sounds like you may have a contm. I know it sucks but 6 weeks is far to long, especialy with incubation, mid 80's temps?? right?. Not all Contms can be seen easly. For example a bacterial infection has no color. It makes the grains look wet and greasy.

One other possiablity is you have no gas exchange going on there. What type of lid set up do you have??

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinescape
II
Re: 1qt jar... [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3115946 - 09/09/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have a 1 pint jar i know i said quart i was wrong... anyway its a pint with four holes its just a PF tek... i understand i could have a contam... its also possible that i cooked it with an incubator mistake... but the top really seems to want to pin... 7 HUGE hyphal knots.... what should i do? try to case it? throw it... its getting a little cold for outdoor... .. i mean its my very first... id hate to see it go... lol But if thats what i means..

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY OR DO IS FAKE, IM A COMPULSIVE LIAR, sorry for any confusion this makes.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3115958 - 09/09/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Hum..... yes it is possiablle you over cooked it but only you would know. If it starts making shrooms inside the jar let it.atleast you will find out if it is still alive.

But if it is still the same in 4 more days then somehow you killed it. Sorry

Hey you only have one jar??? How did that happen??

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #3115960 - 09/09/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like bacterial contamination to me. Could also be yeast, that would produce some milky myc piss looking stuff.

-FF

Offlinescape
II
    #3115964 - 09/09/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

ive got 4 others haning out with a PMP with tons of knots just dying to pin....

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3115991 - 09/09/04 09:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

scape said:
ive got 4 others haning out with a PMP with tons of knots just dying to pin....

Do these jars also have bare substrate showing???

--------------------

Offlinescape
II
    #3116021 - 09/09/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

not at all... their 100% the heatwave made 3 of them go from 70%ish to near 100 in 1 day then the next finished i let them sit one additional day then dunked for 15 hours rolled and birthed. i had 2 one at 50% that clearly had dead myc. this one has acted funny it BURST with growth in the begining got close to 50% in 3 days(not cobweb) then all of a sudden decided to STall hard. jars i nocked up 5 days later have all pased and been birthed..(lost one to green) im almost considering just giving her up... but i want 5 cakes in the PMP just becuase 5 is so much cooler than 4 lol... i dont know what to do... these knots have showed up over the last couple days i know its still "growing" but its turned into the vegitative state i havnet given it any pin triggers yet tho... its just not continuting to grown.....

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3116238 - 09/09/04 10:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

scape said:
not at all... their 100% the heatwave made 3 of them go from 70%ish to near 100 in 1 day then the next finished i let them sit one additional day then dunked for 15 hours rolled and birthed.  i had 2 one at 50% that clearly had dead myc.  this one has acted funny it BURST with growth in the begining got close to 50% in 3 days(not cobweb) then all of a sudden decided to STall hard.  jars i nocked up 5 days later have all pased and been birthed..(lost one to green) im almost considering just giving her up... but i want 5 cakes in the PMP just becuase 5 is so much cooler than 4 lol... i dont know what to do... these knots have showed up over the last couple days i know its still "growing" but its turned into the vegitative state i havnet given it any pin triggers yet tho... its just not continuting to grown.....

please try to start and finish your sentences.Try hitting the return button between them. I have a very hard time reading that. So I can't continue tonight. MY EYES ARE BURNED OUT FROM YOUR LAST 3 POSTS..... friend :laugh: :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3116488 - 09/09/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think we should help people who don't exhibit at least a high school education... I think it's wrong to teach elementary school children how to grow mushrooms.

-FF

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

Re: 1qt jar... [Re: fastfred]
    #3116948 - 09/10/04 12:34 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't think it was that bad, and many who type slower just try to take every shortcut possible, it don't really mean they might not have made it through high school (or grade 10, or whatever where they are from).  But if you actually are a youngun then yeah, go away and don't do this until a lot later in life, if at all.  Or grow some of the tasty legal edibles first, heh.

Perhaps he spends alot of time chatting, where shortened and jammed structure is better.  Though some punctuational breakup in there would be nice. :smile:

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 1qt jar... [Re: Spudz76]
    #3117032 - 09/10/04 12:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Weather this guy is actually a 5th grader, or just has a 5th grade education, I still don't think we should help him. Either case is likely to end in disaster, and I would hate to be responsible for some kid killimg himself or getting busted.

His first post wasn't that bad, but did you read the segment that FK quoted? I could barely even understand it.

-FF

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3117102 - 09/10/04 01:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
I don't think we should help people who don't exhibit at least a high school education... I think it's wrong to teach elementary school children how to grow mushrooms.

I think its wrong to arbitrarily insult people... I guess I'm strange because I was brought up to try and understand... I dunno, maybe my mother was wrong to deach me the fundamental of respect and courtesy.

again, please stop.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 1qt jar... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3117170 - 09/10/04 01:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I hold my assertion about his education to be self-evident from his posts, and therefore not a flame or even an insult.

Fact is, a lot of kids want to grow shrooms. I did myself when I was a kid so I guess I'm a bit hipocritical, but helping little kids break the law is wrong IMHO. So there has to be some standard as to who is ready and who isn't. Since all I have to go by are posts... Well you see where I'm going.

If someone does have the ability and maturity to type a decent post and choses not to.... Well then I don't think that they respected us and therefore don't deserve much respect back. Again, I'm not trying to insult the dude, he insulted himself by his post.

-FF

OfflineSpudz76
Male

#3117389 - 09/10/04 02:29 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

OK, real sorry for the hijacking here, scape, but basically your questions have been answered and if not someone else will come by and interject something useful to you, in case you feel unfulfilled. And now on with the silliness since I feel so compelled.

I still strongly disagree that one's education or intelligence can be measured by the way someone types a bunch of shit out on the Internet. It could just be his style. Just like you have a style. Just like I have a style. And everyone else. They don't all have to be the same. There is no disrespect intended by this, but I think it is a true observation:
Quote:

If someone does have the ability and maturity to type a decent post and choses not to.... Well then I don't think that they respected us and therefore don't deserve much respect back.

The same could be said of you, it is all relative. Unless of course you never make mistakes or are never in a hurry to communicate. I type fast enough and don't mind spending many of my waking hours here and have little else to do so I type all longhanded. But if I was in some sort of hurry I would probably shorthand much of it, and not just to piss you off or disrespect anyone or any of that.

TOLERANCE. Just a little bit goes a long way. You could have just disgustedly closed this thread once you'd had enough of trying to read his post. I had no trouble at all reading it and following along. Didn't even have to read twice. But if you have a problem with it then just quietly close it and go on to the next. Someone else will take care of answering it, or nobody will answer and then maybe the shorthander/youngun/mentalmidget will finally figure out how to search, or ask a question in a way that is not intellectually insulting to you.

Your standing up against younguns coming here to learn is not going to stop shit. They will just eventually find the info they are looking for, because as we tell newbs all the time "it's all here somewhere, just search!!!". Perhaps they want to grow some to help keep their friends off MDMA or something that could actually cause some sort of damage, which could be considered positive. Not that I'm saying one way or the other if I agree younguns should be growing at all - I would probably disagree, but passively because ultimately to each their own.

And what if they are from a non-English speaking place. In this case, yeah probably not since there's lots of american shorthand in there, but still a point to be made against the "all people bad at communicating with a keyboard are dumbasses/kiddies/retards" conception you keep forcing forward.

Everyone just chill out, and hold your tongues a little. This is meant as a diffusion, so please diffuse and don't continue to inflame, it is not useful.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3117497 - 09/10/04 03:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
I hold my assertion about his education to be self-evident from his posts, and therefore not a flame or even an insult.

if I had someone telling me that I was a 5th grader or had that type of education I would feel quite insulted, it degrading and demoralizing regardless of your opinion

again, I ask you to try and show a little patience and respect, if you do not understand this person, please ask them to clarify what they are asking or please chose option B, do not reply. some times I struggle with a few posts in trying to interpret what they are asking but none the less, I give as polite an answer as i possibly can

Quote:

Fact is, a lot of kids want to grow shrooms. I did myself when I was a kid so I guess I'm a bit hipocritical, but helping little kids break the law is wrong IMHO. So there has to be some standard as to who is ready and who isn't. Since all I have to go by are posts... Well you see where I'm going.

As we all know, the board rules state that you must be 18+ in order to read or post here, I believe we are still waiting on a copy of your drivers license, state or military ID card showing that you are infact old enough to be posting in this forum, do you see where I'm going with this.

Everyone at hte shroomery agrees that it is irresponsible and foolish to to teach a minor to grow an illicit substance, standards have been set to try and prevent this from happening, of course it doesnt in all cases but as soon as anyone gets wind of a minor, that user is then banned, a persons education level has nothing to do with age as there have been college grads that were not yet old enough to drive and people that have lived to be 90 and only made it to the 5th grade

Quote:

If someone does have the ability and maturity to type a decent post and choses not to.... Well then I don't think that they respected us and therefore don't deserve much respect back.

we each learn a little differently in life, what may have worked for you may not have worked for others, this doesnt make them stupid, immature, uneducated or even disrespectful, it simply means that they learned differently. There is the possibility that the person has a learning disability or possibly suffers from something like dyslexia or even cataracs as a couple of our other users do.
Regardless we try and accomodate them to the best of our ability, to do otherwise would be disrespectful and in my opinion it would be biggoted.

Quote:

Again, I'm not trying to insult the dude, he insulted himself by his post.

plese dont insult my intellegence, the user simply asked a few questions, what you have done was both insulting and degrading, this statement alone is an insult to him and it does sadden me that you would do such a thing to someone

given the fact that his post was made after 9:18 EST I would like to venture a guess that Scape may be a little inebriated and possibly over excited, again, I ask that you either refrain from posting or try to consider that your post looks verymuch like an insult.

Spudz I would like to offer you my gratitude, you are quite the diplomat and a very articulate speaker... thank you for your input.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 1qt jar... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3117557 - 09/10/04 04:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Points taken... I think it should be made a little clearer in the rules then that any disrespect is not tolerated and that all users must be respected reguardless of what they say or do.

In that case you have a lot of work to do... I'll be sure to PM you several times a day when anyone is disrespected in the slightest way. IMHO this attitude is a serious step away from free speech. That's all fine and good, but you should include a disclaimer that this site is NOT about free speech and is in fact a heavily censored site where everyone has to play nice all the time or face being banned. Also include the fact that sarcasm is not tolerated and is considered a flame. Be sure to mention that if telling someone the truth would hurt their feelings, you must bite your tounge or lie to them.

-FF

Offlinescape
II
    #3117575 - 09/10/04 04:51 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Im sorry i havent payed attention to grammar.  I honestly am a 5th year college student it was around midnight i was going on hour 32 with no sleep.  Ill Try to do better, and i thought you guys were cool. Also i never stated anything about growing illict substances.  I would like you to use heed when presenting topics like this, some people are tired/lazy or just really shitty with grammar.  Im a littel of both im not an english major, im a microbology major.  Sorry for the confusion about my education.  Like i said ill do better.  :thumbdown: :confused:

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3117581 - 09/10/04 05:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry if you were insulted by my comments. Poor grammar really isn't a problem, unless it's so poor as to make a post nonunderstandable. In this case, I couldn't even tell what you were talking about and figured that you were a little kid.

-FF

OfflineSpudz76
Male

#3117625 - 09/10/04 05:49 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry again, I thought I was done.  I should probably just drop it, but this is just whacked out.

Disrespect between established friends or acquaintences is tolerable disrespect and is not considered a flame, and is not against the rules because it can be entertaining and fun (in the right places).  Disrespect to those who don't know you whatsoever yet is, because there are certain guidelines as to how to be courteous even if for some reason you don't like someone, and not just here but in societal structures as a whole.

There was no mention of banning anyone including you, and in fact it seems the opposite is true.  Your underlying knowledge saves you from that for the most part, we know you are an asset but at the same time we're begging of you to try and be even more of an asset and to try and put some of your more unlikable traits away when you come here, for the well-being of the board.  The more you piss off people in general, the more you will aggravate the moderators and admins because they have to hear about it from those you've shocked (and either choose to defend/explain you, or decide it's not worth it anymore and then have 'secret meetings' about you which you clearly don't like).  So if you just avoid creating strife it is better for the community here and also for you, because regardless of how much you don't care about having friends here or 'winning the popularity contest' or whether anyone likes you or whatever, you ought to at least care that people DISlike you.

It is very difficult to pick up the difference between sarcasm and intendedly hurtful statements when you make comments of either type.

The mantra of "free speech" is all too heavily leaned upon, I'm glad you pulled that tired one out.  Yes you are free to say what you want.  But there is also a certain restraint required so that others are free to say what they want (such as scape is free to hack out ramblings, if so chosen).  Also shitting up a large ratio of threads with non-topical and mostly unhelpful comments is not cool, on the basis of trying to have a useful and friendly forums here (and even not here, any forums don't generally appreciate those who seem to shit on things more than post useful things).  Especially if it's a newbie (or just simply a new member, perhaps with some level of prior experience) and they don't know you and your quirks yet.  Just as you (hopefully) wouldn't go up to someone you haven't really met yet in 'real life' and tell them they are a huge dork for any reason, even if it's sarcastic, because they don't recognize your method of sarcasm and can't detect that you don't really mean it.

Of course, we know eachother by now so feel free to call me just about anything and I'm cool with it, and it seems P#1 is also basically of the same mindset - I know you well enough to know not to take it seriously.  But if I were a virginal newbie (as I was a few months ago) then I might hate you for the rest of my existence on the board and for good reason.  But then I would miss out on the actual useful things which you do contain and share now and then (example, things about ascorbic acid vs bluing and stuff, very cool and useful and intriguing - GOOD for the community and a very civil discussion).  So by your abrasive actions or wording you damage two aspects that could have been undamaged or even made better (someone new could learn from you, if they can make it past being berated or belittled or 'marked' by your own judgements, and further perhaps you might later learn something in return from those you nonjudgementally help out).

Also there is a fine line you seem to be missing between 'the truth' and 'your judgement'.  By saying scape has got to be too young to be here asking questions purely because you got that impression from the way he types or uses language in general, does NOT make it 'the truth'.  Yes, it is your truth, but it is not THE truth.  It is your opinion at best.  So you must qualify your statement with something to diffuse it, like "hey you seem to me like you might be too young to be doing this... what's up with that" then people understand where you are coming from and that it is obviously your intent that it is your opinion and you are wondering/looking for confirmation, and nobody feels the need to smack you around for stating the same thing in a format like "wow you're young, go away little boy or we'll tell your parents" which yeah could be funny between us and means pretty much the same thing underneath, but it certainly can not be taken as anything but hurtful or spiteful by the person you are targeting (who remember, could be some closet mycowizard or something even if they suck at typing and english, and may indeed not be a little boy).  At best perhaps just point out that the immaturity exuding from their rambling and nearly incoherent post makes you uncomfortable, as that IS the truth, but hold off on the condemnation part.

We like you.  We don't mean to beat you up on this. We are just trying to keep the peace and love thing going.  And technically we ourselves are also breaking rules here right now by shitting up this thread debating with you, but since it's for the betterment of the community I guess it's sort of OK.  But like P#1 said, the rules are not commandments but are there to try and keep an even keel and also keep out those who would come here and be disruptive.

Just like if you went to a store and started verbally abusing one of their employees for being a complete idiot and not knowing where the damned vermiculite is at or that they even had any, loudly and publicly, they would likely just eject you from the premises, because you are disrupting their business at hand.  The Shroomery is like that type of entity, more than some type of wide open free republic or democracy.  The rules aren't meant to castrate you of your opinions or your freedoms as a human (and I assume American since yu whipped out the 'free speech' thing so easily), but are meant to help keep things going smoothly and on-topic and keep the environment here in good condition for the business at hand - which is helping people learn about and enjoy the hobby of mycology.  Not to point out freely that "user x" is a huge idiot, and cause utterly useless flame (or sarcasm) wars or off-topic debates.

I don't know how I can explain the dynamics any further and be of any use, and really regardless of what else you have to say to the contrary, I think this debate is dead.  P#1, please just leave it alone also - we are beating a dead horse by now.  FF, you'll either understand the concept of what we're trying to relate or you won't, and if we haven't fully proven our point then we might as well just take our own advice and shut up since we're going in circles.  We do accept your points as well, but obviously have reasons to not agree.

The End.  Let's just get along and forget about this bullshit.  There's almost enough bullshit here we could make a nice bulk grow with it... har dee har har :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures