Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehesse
Stranger
bulk substrate inoculation
    #3117096 - 09/10/04 03:14 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I have a few jars that are about half-way colonized, i was wondering if it would be possible to use the mycelium in the jars to inoculate pasteurized(sp) compost. Could i crumble the cakes and mix them with the compost? Could i do it now, or should i wait until the jars are completely colonized? Also one of the jars has water accumulating on its sides, this jar is almost completely colonized, is this dangerous or something to be concerned about? if a jar is completey colonized does it need to be birthed immediately? I was also wondering if i could place a damp layer of perlite on the bottom of a rubbermaid container and then place the compost/spawn mixture right on top of the perlite, if i just wash the perlite with water using a colondar(sp)? would it be a good idea to perforate the fruiting container to allow air in , or should i just stick to fanning once a day? and one more question, how much light is needed for fruiting? like an hour a day?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebastard_turtle
Stranger

Re: bulk substrate inoculation [Re: hesse]
    #3117140 - 09/10/04 03:26 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Patience

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Re: bulk substrate inoculation [Re: hesse]
    #3122511 - 09/11/04 03:50 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, you can crumble the cakes for spawn material. I would wait...I was about ready to just spawn some 75% colonized mycobags a few days ago but gave them a few more days and let them fully colonize. Patience is the key...its tempting to spawn but just wait it out. Water in your jars isn't a problem. At least you know that they are hydrated. Colonized jars can sit for a few days, even longer in a fridge, but its best to get them to whatever your next stage is after their colonized. I wouldn't bother with the perlite or the perforations; the casing layer will take care of humidity and fanning a few times a day is all you need. Mushrooms don't need much light at all, but they will grow straighter if they have a couple hours a day. I just set mine under a shady window and it works great. Good luck!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation