Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomCat
Shroom Acolyte

Oops - Mini Jars
    #3116292 - 09/09/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here.

I recently started growing my first mushrooms ever. I?ve tried them a couple times, and absolutely loved them. When I finally moved out of home, and into my own place, the next logical step was to grow them. So I did my homework, and read around on the ?net for quite some time. I decided to go basic, and follow the PF Tek, as I am completely inexperienced. I bought my supplies, starting with my syringe. Living in Vancouver made it easy for me to buy a syringe. No online hassles, I just went downtown and visited a hemp store. A little expensive, but I was in and out of the store in under a minute. I have no idea what strain it is though, the clerk couldn?t tell me. Perhaps when (hopefully when, and not if) the mushrooms are grown, I?ll post pictures.

I made a mistake when I bought my jars. I remembered they were supposed to be ? pint, but I had no idea what that was in metric, which all the jars I saw were measured in. I ended up buying 125ml jars (oops). When I got home, I re-read the Tek (for the 4th or 5th time) and realized my mistake. Out of cash, I decided to press on with my mini-jars. Other than that small mistake, I have followed the PF Tek to the exact word.

Inoculation went well, and my jars are close to being completely colonized after a week. I guess that might be considered an advantage of smaller jars. I?ve built my dual-chambered terrarium, and am excited for the birthdays!

Anyways, the point of this post is to ask. . . Do any experts here know if the half-size jars will prove to have problems, other than the obvious smaller yield?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Oops - Mini Jars [Re: ShroomCat]
    #3116312 - 09/09/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

They'll be fine. I have 12 colonizing right now. I couldn't help it, I never see canning jars in town and Walmart had them :smile:

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3116335 - 09/09/04 10:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

if its any consolation my first grow was with qaurter pints too  :smirk:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineShroomCat
Shroom Acolyte

Re: Oops - Mini Jars [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3116352 - 09/09/04 10:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Cool.  Thanks guys.

If I hadn't lost the USB cord for my camera, I'd post the pictures I've taken of the progressive growth of mycelium.  I guess those would belong in the other forum though.

By the way, this seems to be an awesome community I've stumbled into.

:smile:

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #3116475 - 09/09/04 10:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomCat said:
By the way, this seems to be an awesome community I've stumbled into.
:smile:

Just don't disagree with the mods and you'll be fine.  Also remember to never question any of the policies or the enforcement of those policies or you will be soundly shit upon by everyone here.

You would think that enlightened people like these would be above petty and vain displays of power, but they most definately are not. :confused: :mad: :frown:

Edited by fastfred (09/09/04 11:04 PM)

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Oops - Mini Jars [Re: fastfred]
    #3116667 - 09/09/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

oh come now, is it really all that bad?
They'r just dudes running a free online mushroom comunity. Just about everybody runs this site with a smile, and dosen't even care about the little tiny amount of power that comes with it.
But its true wherever there is power, there is corruption. Its a universal law. These people seem to have trancended that for the most part. Probably has to do with alot of the ego-killing quality of mushrooms.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Oops - Mini Jars [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3116751 - 09/09/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

99% of what fastfred says is bs, so dont take advice from him unless its confirmed by someone else.

lets stay on topic

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3116835 - 09/10/04 12:01 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Fred, No flaming please

Edited by Prisoner#1 (09/10/04 02:09 AM)

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

#3116893 - 09/10/04 12:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

LOL. People here just each have their own quirks. FF can be a bit harsh now and then, but he means well, but gets into many an argument just because he sort of pushes buttons (probably without trying really, it's just how he is or how he comes across).

The mods are all very nice, but please do your best to follow the simple rules here, especially those regarding sponsors since as much as it sucks to prefer someone just because they are where the operational funds come from, they are why we can have this forum (not free!). You can get your supplies from wherever you want, but don't advertise such things here as far as like "hey I got my syringes from Vendor X, and they were cheaper than those [sponsor name] guys, in case you wanted to get theirs instead" or you might get in a bit of an argument.

And in any case, don't take what anyone in singular says (with a few exceptions) before getting a few answers to try and weed out the better from the worse information. There are many ways that will work, many ways some people got better results with, and many variables to the whole thing so there are few things which are inalienable truths (even if some stand by their own belief of what's best as if it were retarded to try anything else), it's sort of a constantly evolving hobby, and community here as well.

Edited by Spudz76 (09/10/04 12:25 AM)

OfflineShroomCat
Shroom Acolyte

Re: Oops - Mini Jars [Re: Spudz76]
    #3116918 - 09/10/04 12:25 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the headsup on the sponsor bit, Spudz. I have to admit I didn't thoroughly read the regulations, just browsed them. I'm hoping common sense will see me through.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3117040 - 09/10/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
Just don't disagree with the mods and you'll be fine.  Also remember to never question any of the policies or the enforcement of those policies or you will be soundly shit upon by everyone here.

I cant speak for everyone but I'll say that most of the mods here are pretty fair people, keep in mind that we are people and prone to have the same quirks as any one else, I personaly envite people to disagree, I love the discussion because we can all learn from it

As for the Shroomery policies, we are usualy pretty lax with enforcement especialy when it comes to having fun, being human we all make mistakes and sometimes we fail to recognize them, even when they are pointed out.
We dont shit on or try to shit on anyone here, we try and educate and inform as accurately as possible, sometimes the job can be made very difficult

Quote:

You would think that enlightened people like these would be above petty and vain displays of power, but they most definately are not. :confused: :mad: :frown:

Fred, if I have displayed anything that wou would consider a 'petty display of power' I wish that you would bring it to my attention, I will give you an appology and try to prevent it from happening again, after all, how are we to learn if not from our mistakes.

you may be suprised at the number of mods that have stuck up for you as well as a few users because we know you are a very bright man and that you have a greater potential than you may realize... I personaly have requested that you not be banned as have a couple others, had we not, you would have been long gone.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Oops - Mini Jars [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3117109 - 09/10/04 01:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

fastfred said:
Just don't disagree with the mods and you'll be fine. Also remember to never question any of the policies or the enforcement of those policies or you will be soundly shit upon by everyone here.

I cant speak for everyone but I'll say that most of the mods here are pretty fair people, keep in mind that we are people and prone to have the same quirks as any one else, I personaly envite people to disagree, I love the discussion because we can all learn from it

I wasn't talking about you P#1, you are one of the best mods here. In fact, there is only one mod that consistently seems to break the rules. I complained about him and he was given a warning. Of course, I can't mention his name or any of my problems with him or my post would be edited to shit upon myself.

I admit that I'm abrasive, but I don't really care when I'm in the right. This isn't a friend making contest. Thanks for all the mods who have stuck up for me. I really haven't done anything wrong so I would be pretty pissed if I got banned. Well, OK I have broken the rules a couple times, but I have apologized when I've realized my errors. I also think it's pretty shamefull to discuss banning me in private without giving me any chance to defend myself or even presenting any evidence against me. I would be curious to see what people are even complaining about.

-FF

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3117290 - 09/10/04 02:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:
I wasn't talking about you P#1, you are one of the best mods here. In fact, there is only one mod that consistently seems to break the rules. I complained about him and he was given a warning. Of course, I can't mention his name or any of my problems with him or my post would be edited to shit upon myself.

Honestly I'm no different than any one else here, users, admins or mods, I may show a bit more patients than some but I'm the same none the less, Keep in mind that because we are all human and all prone to make mistakes that we should also be willing to overlook and in many cases try a little harder to tolerate these mistakes in other, both here and in life.

as for warnings and rule breaking and the like there are many here that do that that are given many chances, some even step to extremes and are still given a chance but everyone has a breaking point, hopefully everyone can set asside any wrongs done to them and everything can be back to business as usual...

Remember, some of us are new, we may seem like nazis or that we are really coming down on a user a little too much but in many cases its simply because we havent yet settled into our positions and we sometims overstep them, trust me that when a mistake like that is made, the offending person hears about it from everyone. These little indescressions are seen publicly by both users and the staff and we police each other in order to stop these things from continuing.

Quote:

I admit that I'm abrasive, but I don't really care when I'm in the right. This isn't a friend making contest.

Maybe thats a point you should try and work on, I have had a few things pointed out to me recently that were of the same nature, something for me to work on, it doesnt matter who is really right and wrong in many cases, what matters is that we can get our points across in the most civil manor possible... reasonable discussion is what its about.... I came here with a very similar attitude regarding 'friends' online, I have made some here that are really great people that I hold in high regard, many view me in the same way but its because I dont view it as a contest but as an opportunity...

Quote:

I really haven't done anything wrong so I would be pretty pissed if I got banned. Well, OK I have broken the rules a couple times, but I have apologized when I've realized my errors. I also think it's pretty shamefull to discuss banning me in private without giving me any chance to defend myself or even presenting any evidence against me. I would be curious to see what people are even complaining about.

often times what you may see as a mole hill appears to be a mountain to someone not as big as yourself, rules get broken by everyone at times and in many cases they are overlooked in a few they are not, we try and view the Shroomery as a community in which every one tries to work together, if we cant then the place falls into chaos and quickly falls apart

With regard to banning, dont think that you are an isolated case or that its done unfairly, several months back an administrator was banned, there have been several moderator that have had a blow from the ban stick, there is no favoriteism here, Ive seen that first hand, when the policy makers are kicked to the curb for several days to think, it gives people a bit of faith in the system that was set up...

we appreciate each and every user here, this is the single largest free online community around, users have full access to the board and all that it has to offer, we would hope that the users apreciate it enough to follow the rules set in place as well as help us to share this hobby with anyone that wants to enjoy it especialy when how lax the rules really are...

thanks for your time fred and thanks for your patience and understanding.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom