Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Deja Vu
    #3116366 - 09/10/04 12:35 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Wasn't sure what forum to post this in but I figure Support group talks the most about mental stuff.

Anywhoo, I have the craziest fuckin' deja vu sometimes. For a few seconds, everything that happens seems like it has happened multiple times before, exactly how it happened. I'm not worried or anything, just curious what causes deja vu. Anyone know?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTyger
PeAcE

Loc: My house (Canada)
Re: Deja Vu [Re: PinballWizard]
    #3132510 - 09/14/04 01:20 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

not sure.
but I get it alot also...
It seems like sometimes I dream about things that happen.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #3132958 - 09/14/04 03:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Its a glich in the Matrix.

I don't know, but I have it too sometimes, its pretty cool.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisibleadrug

#3133103 - 09/14/04 04:58 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

What causes a d?j? vu episode? There are several possible explanations for what is occurring during a d?j? vu experience. One possibility is simply the occasional mismatch made by the brain in its continuous attempt to create whole sensical pictures out of very small pieces of information.

Another explanation for d?j? vu is that there is a slight malfunctioning between the long and short-term memory circuits of the brain. Somehow, specific information shortcuts its way from short to long-term memory storage, bypassing the usual mechanisms used for storage transfer.

Other explanations for d?j? vu have been given by psychoanalysts, such as the manifestation of wish fulfillment.

More here: http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro98/202s98-paper2/Johnson2.html

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Deja Vu [Re: Skikid16]
    #3134228 - 09/14/04 02:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Skikid16 said:
Its a glich in the Matrix.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineMad_Buhdda_Abuser
    #3135179 - 09/14/04 06:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I know what u mean--Just today i had a deja Vu that lasted about 10 seconds. Its like a chain reaction, you realize its a deja vu and you start to look at certain thing because you know its a deja vu. Its a fun experience makes you feel like you are something in the big scheme of things.

Invisiblebub_x
Stranger
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Mad_Buhdda_Abuser]
    #3167699 - 09/23/04 12:49 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I get it a lot and I KNOW its when I experiance something in reality that I have experianced in a dream that only my subconsious mind remembers or something.

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
    #3169203 - 09/23/04 10:36 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Deja Vu's are what lead me to a massive episode of panic and anxiety.

About 6 years ago, I was in class and began to experience a Deja Vu. It was interesting for about 10 seconds but it wouldn't go away. After a few minutes I began to get seriously uncomfortable with it. It lasted 30 minutes before it began to subside and yet it came in small waves for half the day.
It seemd from that point on I would get episoded like this about once a month, but they never lasted as long as the first one - maybe only a few minutes. This continued for about a year, and during that time I felt myself slipping into a very strange and fragile mental state, but I didn't know what to make of it. Then one day I was walking through a seaside park with a friend of mine when "that feeling" came on again. But this time for some reason I couldn't let go and I began to panic. I completely lost control and had a full-blown panic attack - I literally thought I was dying.
It was anxiety, and I suffered constantly from it for almost 2 years afterward before I was finally able to get it under control.

I don't know what my point is, but I guess that you mentioned Deja Vu in a "Physical and Mental Health" thread made me think twice because most people just brush off a Deja Vu like it's nothing. And granted, it usually is when it only lasts a few seconds.

It makes me wonder if there's a conection at all between Deja Vu's and susceptibility to anxiety and Panic disorders.

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #3171304 - 09/23/04 08:20 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I remember an incident when I lived in Pa. We were going to this new restrauant a friend told us about. As i was going there I knew wxactly where I was going and what the place look like although I'd never been in this town before. When we arrived at the steak house and was seated a man passed by our table and called me by name. I asked him how he knew me he said he wasn't sure. weird.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflineAmericaNightmare
fiend

Loc: The Hyacinth House
Re: Deja Vu [Re: Cornelius]
    #3174857 - 09/24/04 02:16 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yea, i know what your saying. im a paranoid schizophrenic, and really bizarre, long episodes of deja vu happen to me pretty often. my psychologist says that theres definitely a link between the two.
so thats all i had to say.

--------------------
Now, if I accept Jesus into my heart, I'll get to walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Did you hear what I said? Walk beside him in the Kingdom of Heaven. Well, kiss my crippled ass. God is listening. What a crock of shit.
--Lieutenant Dan

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being