Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefootn1
journeyman
koh samui problems
    #311544 - 05/07/01 05:15 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I just had a first flush of thais come in and the majority of them had premature veil breakage and very very skinny stems! can someone tell me what this is a sign of? Also some of them sporulated on my casing,will this harm the second flush?

Life is a waste of time.Time is a waste of life.SO HEY,LETS GET WASTED!

--------------------
Life is a waste of time.Time is a waste of life.SO HEY,LETS GET WASTED!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWhereAbouts
enthusiast
Loc: WhereAbouts
Re: koh samui problems [Re: footn1]
    #311594 - 05/07/01 06:21 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i dont think that that should affect the second flush. the only thing that i would advise is recasing. put a light casing layer over top of the casing that you have now and make sure that it is really moist. spray your casing as is now, then right after add a fresh casing layer, then spray that.

as for the prob with the shrooms, how deep is your colonized substrate layer? thats the only thing that i can think of, but not really sure about that prob. who did you get the spores off of?, cause if its not a reliable source, it could be a different strain. kind of sounds like cambodians to me...

hit me up with some replies and ill try to help ;)
Later

"One toke you poor fool...wait til you see those god damned bats."

--------------------
"One toke you poor fool...wait til you see those god damned bats."

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
    #311611 - 05/07/01 06:43 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Hmmmm skinny stems... here's my furbee's experience with skinny stems... he thinks it's because of lack of oxygen.. he goes on to say that once he left a couple of cakes (he says about after the 1st flush) in his chamber of love (which is basicly a pvc frame wrapped with painter plastic tarp with verm on the bottom and a plexiglass lid) for over a month or maybe even two... (time flies by fast for my furbee)anyway the skinny :wink: of the whole conversation came down to the fact that his terrarium is in a closed steamer trunk... so there's "minimal" air exchange meaning that  there is air exchange because neither the trunk or the chamber is air tight....and when there was no air exchange the fruits grew super thin but grew... so i guess you can chalk that one up as the "comatose tek" :laugh: ... peace

go fish

Offlinenew945
Loc: bye the big lakes
    #311858 - 05/07/01 10:08 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

my freind s experiancing the same prob with the koh samui....all the shrooms were puny tons of aborts .... he exchanges his air 8 time s a day through an aquarium pump and then a micro filter... and is still experiacing the small mushes

male

--------------------
i wanna be sedated

Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: koh samui problems [Re: BrownPastures]
    #311918 - 05/07/01 11:02 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Sporalation won't harm the second flush, lack of oxygen doesn't cause long skinny stems but could cause short fat ones. You need a deep substrate layer for good size shrooms.......

Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy.....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale